Sooo, will YOU Booo Grundy ?

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

At the time the contract was made, Melbourne officials said the contract was worth more than $1 million a year over 6 years.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Yet he signed for 7 years...
stui magpie
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by stui magpie »

Pies4shaw wrote:At the time the contract was made, Melbourne officials said the contract was worth more than $1 million a year over 6 years.
Did he say "considerably more" or is that just your addition?

Anyway, it's semantics anyway, once you're in that earnings ballpark, that's good coin.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

stui magpie wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:At the time the contract was made, Melbourne officials said the contract was worth more than $1 million a year over 6 years.
Did he say "considerably more" or is that just your addition?

Anyway, it's semantics anyway, once you're in that earnings ballpark, that's good coin.
He's on 6-6.5 million but over 7 years.
think positive
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

He would have been bloody handy today
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Piesnchess
Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 77 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Todays loss proves we absolutely do need him back in the ruck, and we need JDG too, both of them, todays loss showed us that conclusively. Fact.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Piesnchess wrote:Todays loss proves we absolutely do need him back in the ruck, and we need JDG too, both of them, todays loss showed us that conclusively. Fact.
s

Outside of quoting Egyptian Pharaohs, I would love to know what Facts you are looking at to prove Grundy and JDG making the difference. We won the hit outs, and centre clearances against the Swans. Sure we lost the stoppage clearances.
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

What'sinaname wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:Todays loss proves we absolutely do need him back in the ruck, and we need JDG too, both of them, todays loss showed us that conclusively. Fact.
s

Outside of quoting Egyptian Pharaohs, I would love to know what Facts you are looking at to prove Grundy and JDG making the difference. We won the hit outs, and centre clearances against the Swans. Sure we lost the stoppage clearances.
Definitely miss JDG, but Grundy played in our other losses to top 4 sides so yeah wouldn't have made any difference.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

Have you got your Saints scarf ready for next season, eddie?
Piesnchess
Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 77 times

Post by Piesnchess »

What'sinaname wrote:
s

OK genius, why oh why do YOU think the Deees met with Grundy, and even had Hillbilly Gawn in tow, at the meeting, to try and lure him to Melb, and they just won the flag. ???? Maybe, just maybe, they think hes a damn fine ruckman who can spell Gawn, in the ruck, a dynamic duo ala Batman and Robin ?? Plus other clubs want him too, and what happens next yr, if he leaves and Cox goes down, our ruck is then Cameron and that kid Begg, who is least two seasons off the pace. Get real, Grundy is the type to star at Melb, he will come back fitter than ever. As for JDG, he was best on ground a week ago, against the Deees, or did that FACT escape you too, soon as he was out today, we were just bout done, pre game. :o :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

Pies4shaw wrote:Have you got your Saints scarf ready for next season, eddie?
Nope, but I'm sure you'll fit right in at Melbourne :wink:
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

Yes, I expect they'll find somewhere to park the Lambo for me.
think positive
Has liked: 230 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

Pies4shaw wrote:Yes, I expect they'll find someone to park the Lambo for me.
Fixed!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Piesnchess wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
s

OK genius, why oh why do YOU think the Deees met with Grundy, and even had Hillbilly Gawn in tow, at the meeting, to try and lure him to Melb, and they just won the flag. ???? Maybe, just maybe, they think hes a damn fine ruckman who can spell Gawn, in the ruck, a dynamic duo ala Batman and Robin ?? Plus other clubs want him too, and what happens next yr, if he leaves and Cox goes down, our ruck is then Cameron and that kid Begg, who is least two seasons off the pace. Get real, Grundy is the type to star at Melb, he will come back fitter than ever. As for JDG, he was best on ground a week ago, against the Deees, or did that FACT escape you too, soon as he was out today, we were just bout done, pre game. :o :o
I thought our problem was our forward line. We could have had 2 Grundy's and 2 JDGs playing and we still would have failed to kick a winning score. FACT!
Marvelos

Post by Marvelos »

Piesnchess wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
s

It makes sense for the Dee’s because they’re losing Jackson and they won’t be paying Grundy a million dollars a year, IMO they would rather keep Jackson on 700k than gain Grundy but Jackson wants out, their window is wide open and they want a quality ruckman, aren’t too many around ATM.

Maybe we could convince Melbourne to take Cameron instead? I certainly wouldn’t be against that.