George Floyd Police killing and protests

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Another aspect to the George Floyd murder is this:

Protesters around the world & in the US have blamed Israel and Jews for playing a role FFS.

Explicitly the increasingly shrill left have been accusing Israeli Police of training US police in the knee on the neck which led to the death of George.

This is pure & unadulterated fiction but fits a narrative. Amongst others it’s been promulgated by Roger Waters and now Maxine Peake in the UK. A Corbyn supporting shadow minister has supported the discriminatory view & was quickly sacked by Keir Starmer (thank god) FFS

https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/25/maxine-p ... -12904109/

The weasel worded actress still doesn’t apologise.

Shame, I still like her acting as I like Waters music but they can shove their racist views up their kyber passes. Sorry, they are on the left, they can’t possibly be racist

https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/26/amnesty- ... -12908591/

Demonstrators in France yelling anti Semitic abuse

https://ejpress.org/dirty-jews-heard-at ... judiciary/

This just about covers it but I don’t agree with all of it ( that’s for sure)

https://spectator.us/israel-train-ameri ... ce-forces/
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

All makes perfect sense that Israel and Jews in general are responsible for the US Police record of killing Black people in disproportionate numbers.

If you're a complete fvcking moron :roll:

The Jews just can't seem to take a trick with extremist nut jobs, when one of the right or left is metaphorically sodomising them, the other is either waiting their turn or making it a spit roast
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

^ Nonsense. It's all a gigantic Jewish conspiracy. Haven't you learned nuffin yet?
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Oh dear.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

Well posted, David.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Yeah, well posted. :roll: Utter garbage but yeah, well posted.
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

What, exactly, are you disputing?

That Israel has deep links to the US security forces? Matter of public record.

That Corbyn, useless prick that he was, was crucified by a relentless and unfair campaign to brand him a racist? Again, this was an open process there for all to see.
watt price tully

Tannin wrote:What, exactly, are you disputing?

That Corbyn, useless prick that he was, was crucified by a relentless and unfair campaign to brand him a racist? Again, this was an open process there for all to see.
rubbish Corbyn was too slow to act and encouraged by his inaction encourged rampant bullying and harrassment some of which was anti semtiic. Not all of it was but some of it was. This is beyonf debate.

Exhibit 1: This is basically one of many examples of anti antisemitism in Corbyn's labour party.

"..The episode of Panorama entitled “Is Labour Anti-Semitic?” was broadcast this summer and made a number of claims about Labour’s attitude towards the issue in recent years. It interviewed party activists and officials who said they were undermined by senior Labour bosses in their attempts to tackle antisemitism..."

One can be anti Zionist and not anti Semitic
Equally one can be anti Zionist and anti Semitic and be of the left
Most anti antisemitism is from the right

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/ ... sm-episode
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I have zero interest in Corbyn, I dispute that Israel has trained city Police departments to kill black people. Having links to US security forces isn't having associations with Cities Police departments.

Those disposed to be Palestinian sympathisers would lay fault for every problem in the world at Israels feet.
watt price tully

stui magpie wrote:

I have zero interest in Corbyn, I dispute that Israel has trained city Police departments to kill black people. Having links to US security forces isn't having associations with Cities Police departments.

Those disposed to be Palestinian sympathisers would lay fault for every problem in the world at Israels feet.
Nail hit head
watt price tully

watt price tully

From the horses mouth that is the bloke who designed the US- Israel Police exchange 19/6/2020

I Am the Architect of the U.S.-Israel Police Exchange. Don’t Believe the Lies.

"...Recent events seem to have given this libel new life. The UC Campaign for Palestinian Rights, for instance, lately declared that the “Israeli military trains U.S. police in racist and repressive policing tactics, which systematically targets Black and Brown bodies.” A petition by academics and students in the University of California system also invoked the police exchanges while claiming that the chokehold “used to murder George Floyd” was “perfected” by Israeli forces.

These accusations are false and, at best, expose a deep misunderstanding of the nature and objectives of police exchanges. More likely, they are motivated by virulent bias.

The truth is, JINSA’s Homeland Security Program was launched in the wake of the September 11th attacks in order to address the well-recognized counterterrorism needs of local law enforcement in the U.S. Since that time, more than 200 U.S. federal, state, county and municipal law enforcement executives have traveled to Israel as part of the program, while thousands of personnel have attended conferences with Israeli experts in the U.S.

Despite suggestions to the contrary, there is no field training involved in either the conferences or trips, and no training on holds or arrest mechanics. The exchanges, which are hosted by the Israel National Police, focus on effective counterterrorism techniques.

Participants learn how Israeli law enforcement deters, disrupts, and responds to terrorist attacks. They explore the ideology of suicide bombers and other attackers, ways to de-escalate an ongoing incident, and the intelligence-gathering and -sharing process....

https://jinsa.org/i-am-the-architect-of ... -the-lies/

My god the facts don't fit the narrative :shock: :roll:
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
watt price tully

Well the bloke who designed the policy is described as spin but the rhetoric without evidence from Amnesty is what, journalism? To my mind its just using associations and imagery. Don't get me wrong the Israeli Goverment has been brutal in the way it treats the people it controls but we do need to be cautious about allowing anti zionist rhetoric to mimic fact.

Sorry, I don't accept the Corbyn stuff either. He is not wholly innocent.

Do aspects of the Corbyn left also not exaggerate and lie or are they magically above that and somehow that is the exclusive domain of the so called Zionist lobby?

I just find it so simplisitc and almost a caricature.

Try this for size about Jeremy Corbyn and anti semitism during his reign. The behaviour of some of his acolytes in some branches was simply disgusting.

"Ten myths about Jeremy Corbyn and Labour antisemitism deconstructed
JC editor Stephen Pollard takes apart claims by the leader and Labour's General Secretary Jennie Formby
"

https://www.thejc.com/comment/analysis/ ... d-1.494040

Keir whatshisname is showing a zero tolerance approach to a person who has form. He is trying to reach out to those the party alienated, bullied and a scared off. The jewish community is diverse by they most of the time vote labour and democrat. Corbyn single handedly got rid of them such that more than 86% of the community thought he was an anti semite. I don't think he was or is.