The Ashes.

For all sporting topics - news, discussion, score updates etc. - other than Aussie Rules and Premier League Soccer.

Moderators: pies4ever, bbmods

piedys
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 67 times

Post by piedys »

lazzadesilva wrote:Geez Warner has had bloody rotten luck on this tour. He was batting beautifully until he dragged one onto his stumps. I’m biased but I think he still has some good innings left in him. He’ll be back strong in the next test.
This protected duck?!
He'll escape the cull, with the rest of them who can't bat.
No accountability, or any clue how to play the Dukes balls whatsoever.

Here's an idea - play Renshaw with Usman; he'll kill the new ball, even if he scores at a trickle.

Meanwhile the only bowler we have, capable of generating any seem movement in Neser, watches on from the stands, whilst the NSW Pie-Thrower Collective gets carted to every corner of the ground.

quack quack!! protected duck alert!! quack quack!!
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

Glad I didn’t stay up for that shit. I said 6 down but that didn’t include almost handing Johnny Walker a ton.
I hated Clarke but he could captain, Cummins is now my most despised captain.
Never thought I’d say this but I might be done watching this side. I was squarely in the sack Buckley camp for a long time, it got so bad I was wanted big losses (short term pain for long term gain which no one could argue was the right outcome). Well, I think I’m there again. Cummins had to go, his muppet clown head coach needs to go. Warner is gone anyway but Jesus. George Bailey, goodbye.
Just run a line through them all, get Ricky Ponting at the helm and reset.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Skids »

It better rain a lot.

They'll only need 2 hours on the ground to win this.
They've bowled 10 maidens already. We bowled 3 in 107 overs... goodness me.

Draw $1.45
Poms $2.45
Aussies $401
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

^England are unders. They only need another session for mine.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Since that infamous Bairstow run out, Poms playing aggressively, positively and like men possessed. Aussies playing like they know they're probably lucky to be one up. Just sayin

We may well retain the Ashes but there needs to be a serious rethink for the 5th test and how we tackle bazball in the future. The paradigm is shifting and we need to adapt
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
piedys
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 67 times

Post by piedys »

Haff wrote:Glad I didn’t stay up for that shit. I said 6 down but that didn’t include almost handing Johnny Walker a ton.
I hated Clarke but he could captain, Cummins is now my most despised captain.
Never thought I’d say this but I might be done watching this side.
I was squarely in the sack Buckley camp for a long time, it got so bad I was wanted big losses (short term pain for long term gain which no one could argue was the right outcome). Well, I think I’m there again.
Cummins had to go, his muppet clown head coach needs to go. Warner is gone anyway but Jesus. George Bailey, goodbye.
Just run a line through them all, get Ricky Ponting at the helm and reset.
Mate you are only saying what we are all thinking.
It is actually unwatchable; much like the 2009 series...

This mob were 2-0, and are now probably going to lose the unlosable series.
Which if it removes all of those muppets you nominated by November, then that's a win in itself.
I won't be watching another over either of Starc and his pie-throwing antics.
Do we want Steve Waugh running the show alongside Ponting?
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Stewie Dew gets sacked and heads over to England to give the boys a pep talk, then we get the most horrific 3 days of test cricket imaginable. They really need fly McCrae over there.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:Since that infamous Bairstow run out, Poms playing aggressively, positively and like men possessed. Aussies playing like they know they're probably lucky to be one up. Just sayin

We may well retain the Ashes but there needs to be a serious rethink for the 5th test and how we tackle bazball in the future. The paradigm is shifting and we need to adapt
I said elsewhere, it must be mentally exhausting, like playing 5 one day games in a row, but all one game. No time to think. The poms have been practicing this for 18 months, we did well for 2 tests but in this one the players look shot
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

K wrote:...
So England wanted to play FTB's tormentor, Jofra Archer, of course. But with him out injured, they counted on Wood. But Wood admitted to Stokes that he couldn't guarantee getting through the Lords Test. So they had to play Tongue.

Now Wood is in. Let's see how he goes against FTB!!
K wrote:...
Video of Jofra Archer destroying Flat-Track Bully Steve Smith's defective technique in the 2019 Ashes:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/cricket ... 5d40f.html .

Sheesh, FTB is hopeless against the short ball.

The first delivery in the video (where FTB gets hit on the left elbow) is barely above stump height. (Look at the slo-mo replay in the video at 0:28 on.) FTB just flinches down into it. :shock:

The second delivery in the video is the famous one where FTB's defective ducking technique got him virtually KOed. (Tendulkar made a video demo'ing how it was defective. Dunno why! The live commentary, by Atherton or someone, made it clear enough how it was defective. No real need for a video by Sachin.) Shoulda been a harmless delivery.
Well, we have our answer!

Flat-Track Bully Steve Smith is becoming Wood's bunny!!

Athers early this Test told viewers FTB Smith averages 29.57 against bowling above 90mph. That may've been his average before the start of the Test, so it's prolly heading south fast!
Donny
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Donny »

Play due to start at 2:45pm local time.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
Donny

Post by Donny »

4/132. Labu 52*, Marsh 11*.
Donny.

Donny

Post by Donny »

Trailing by 116.

Labu/Marsh batting well.

Labu 71*, Marsh 19*.
Donny.

Donny

Post by Donny »

Labu out for 111. Top knock.

5/214. Marsh 31*.

Rain.
Donny.

Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Skids »

Draw $1.19
Poms $3.50
Aussies $150

Forecast is for rain, rain and more rain..The area is under yellow alert.

Heavy rain has battered Greater Manchester over the last 24-hours. A month's worth of rain was forecast to fall over this weekend across parts of the UK, with a yellow weather warning for rain issued for over Sunday (July 23).

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... r-27376310
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ Another maginificent Ashes series victory coming up. It's becoming routine that Australia secures the Ashes with the Manchester Test.