#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

nomadjack

Post by nomadjack »

What a great interview. Well worth a listen.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

A fabulous interview. Thanks for the post.
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

Wow wow wow. He is on point with life and thank god he stayed, we should be grateful.
Thankyou for posting this and it helps us understand how and why he is who he is.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
BazBoy
Been liked: 30 times

Post by BazBoy »

Showed a sense of character that I found inspiring
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

What was interesting “I don’t give a……for personal medals
He’s committed to a Pie premiership

Hope he and his attitude are our mantra
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

Thanks for posting that, it's 40 minutes longer than anything I'd normally watch, but I loved every second of it. Very unfiltered and honest, our boy is growing up.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Would like to echo all the comments above.
Who'd believe it, eh? He's not the devil incarnate after all, as some suggested during this past year :wink: - just your average guy, who happens to be a dedicated, talented footballer who loves his team uppermost.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

PyreneesPie wrote:Would like to echo all the comments above.
Who'd believe it, eh? He's not the devil incarnate after all, as some suggested during this past year :wink: - just your average guy, who happens to be a dedicated, talented footballer who loves his team uppermost.
Exactly! And need we even mention the hack media who wrongly made him out to be Leroy Brown the baddest man in the whole damn town! All examples of oxygen thieves pretending to be honest communicators of the truth
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

A Premiership and Norm Smith Medal a real possibility

Cop that lower than snakes belly media tuggers
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

When I watched it, I thought what a distorted view we have had of Jordan...
and what a pleasant surprise - a likeable, dedicated team man who cares about club, players and fans
who wants to better himself in life and selflessly help achieve the utmost for the club - a premiership.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Take_a_Screamer wrote:When I watched it, I thought what a distorted view we have had of Jordan...
and what a pleasant surprise - a likeable, dedicated team man who cares about club, players and fans
who wants to better himself in life and selflessly help achieve the utmost for the club - a premiership.
Yep, a really illuminating interview.
Media aside, there were so many Collingwood supporters who thought he was totally up himself, labelled him as selfish; a self-absorbed diva who they wanted gone.
Yet it turns out that what he needed was a close network of supportive people who understood him (and his ADHD) and as he himself said can "act as his net". So very happy for him as both a person and a footballer that he seems to have got that support at last.
How was the comment about Mrs McRae's reading material??? I found that really uplifting.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Yes that comment on Flys better half boning up on ADHD

If you recall Fly was in Jordan’s corner

But then again Fly was in every ones corner
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

When I 'reentered' the workforce, I was aghast with what I was experiencing. My work was exhausting, I worked hard and I know I earned my pay. !!.
Yet, managers would only want more, and pat themselves on the back on the basis of how many things they found you did wrong.!!!
How well they did that defined how good they were.

Many people know of no other way. I felt so sorry for people who have had to bear working in these conditions their whole work life.

To see this professional management style engulf the club fills me with excitement for the future.

Not just short term... true success is consistency. Preferred outcomes will be a matter of course.

Onya Jordy. Good people want only for an opportunity to do good.
Pebbles Rocks

Post by Pebbles Rocks »

I really enjoyed that. Having more context about his ADHD was really valuable to understand. He is also clearly hungry which is great to hear!
I love that he plays golf too...
"You must be a parking ticket, cuz you got fine written all over you" Glen Quagmire