Pre Match - Pies v. Swans. All comments here please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

punkologist

Post by punkologist »

Chantal85 wrote:Just wondering, where is everyone going to watch the big game?
chantal, in melbourne there is a group going to the yorkshire stingo in abbotsford (see post by tessa403, for those not going to sydney...)
ramjet21

Post by ramjet21 »

kirk will get buckley and bolton will play on tarrant. dont underestimate bolton - he's claimed a few scalps this year and is a better player than he was at brissy. still no presti could cause a problem as he usually does a reasonable job on hall. i assume this will fall to cloke (not walker) and clement will have to go with o'loughlin. brisbane, geelong and sydney have been our bogey sides yet when looking at the match ups, we stack up ok against all these sides. hopefully not having to play at the short scg will help - get it in long and quick as usual and our talls, with fraser pushing forward again and the swans without ball and saddington could suddenly find themselves very short down back. a must win for top 2 and even top 4 looks shaky without a victory. pies by 9.
MagpieMad

Post by MagpieMad »

what about Wakes on Hall and Clokey to play loose? I reckon Wakes can take him.
Pain heals, Chicks dig scars, Glory..... lasts forever!
ramjet21

Post by ramjet21 »

maybe magpiemad. just think wakes is a bit slow to go with hall but you might be right.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Its the second most prolific scoring side in the competition, against the most accurate scoring in the comp.

Swans may have claimed thwe accuracy prize to date, but they wont be able to counter the overall strength of the Pies.

Pies by a lazy 40 +
The only way to discover the limits of the possible, is to go beyond them, to the impossible.
sharp9

Post by sharp9 »

Tarrant may be brilliant, but if anyone thinks C. Bolton is a hack then they haven't been watching much footy this year...ask Jonathan Brown and Matthew Richardson about all the goals they didn't kick against him.

Also having 6 kicked against you as an undersized 20 year old in one of your first games when you spent all your previous life as a midfielder would probably stack up to...a good learning experience. And B2 learns quickly. That's why he wanted to play on Brown from the start. Tarrant may well kick a bag, yet, but it ain't a done deal.

How many games has he gone goal less for the first three quarters this year? A few...you wouldn't want to be complacent unless you are perfect, would you? Look what happened to Sydney when they didn't come out switched on agains the Hawks.
Go Hard, Be honest, Never Die Wondering.
Chantal85

Post by Chantal85 »

Thanks Punkologist, i just read tessa's post right before reading urs. I might just go to crown tho and watch it on the big screen or something.
themase

Post by themase »

Tarrant kicked 5 against us in Round 6, but we still managed to win that match.

It will be a close fought match for most part I would think. These two teams probably match up on each other quite well.

Both defenses are undermanned.
Sydney however is a much faster team, and our run may get Collingwood.

Sydney by 22 points.
MagpieMad

Post by MagpieMad »

sharp9 you a sydley supporter??? if so what makes you think we need/wan't/care what your opinions are? piss off to your own sad lil supporters boards, if indeed there are any.
why do supporters of any other club think they are welcome here? for those that haven't noticed this board is called "Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board" not the AFL board or Bigfooty or anything else, I know Nick's is the best Board around but like Duh it's for the Collingwood faithfull, you have no say here, so F-off.
Pain heals, Chicks dig scars, Glory..... lasts forever!
Northern Pie

Post by Northern Pie »

my sediments exactly

off you go....

cheers
Ev5Magpies

Post by Ev5Magpies »

themase(or the tool) wrote:Tarrant kicked 5 against us in Round 6, but we still managed to win that match.
It will be a close fought match for most part I would think. These two teams probably match up on each other quite well.
Sydney by 22 points.
not so sharp9 wrote:Tarrant may be brilliant, but if anyone thinks C. Bolton is a hack then they haven't been watching much footy this year...ask Jonathan Brown and Matthew Richardson about all the goals they didn't kick against him.
Also having 6 kicked against you as an undersized 20 year old in one of your first games when you spent all your previous life as a midfielder would probably stack up to...a good learning experience. And B2 learns quickly. That's why he wanted to play on Brown from the start. Tarrant may well kick a bag, yet, but it ain't a done deal.
How many games has he gone goal less for the first three quarters this year? A few...you wouldn't want to be complacent unless you are perfect, would you? Look what happened to Sydney when they didn't come out switched on agains the Hawks.
Why are these tools still posting on here? :?
F**k off back onto a Sydney board where they may actually give a shit about what dribble you may produce...
Because God knows none of us give a shit about what you have to say! :twisted:
Ohhhh the premierships a cakewalk for the good old COLLINGWOOD
Clemo

Post by Clemo »

Blunt9 - get lost. Who wants to know your opinon? Go to your own duckling web pages. Who asked you for your opinion in any case ? I don't want an answer from you on that one !
themase

Post by themase »

Ev5Magpies wrote:
themase(or the tool) wrote:Tarrant kicked 5 against us in Round 6, but we still managed to win that match.
Sydney by 22 points.
not so sharp9 wrote:Tarrant may be brilliant, but if anyone thinks C. Bolton is a hack then they haven't been watching much footy this year...ask Jonathan Brown and Matthew Richardson about all the goals they didn't kick against him.
Why are these tools still posting on here? :?
F**k off back onto a Sydney board where they may actually give a shit about what dribble you may produce...
Because God knows none of us give a shit about what you have to say! :twisted:
Thought it would be good to have some 'friendly' discussion regarding the upcoming game. It is a vital game for both clubs, and I come on here to read the Collingwood side of things, and how you are going to win the game (not saying you won't just reading your points of view).

I think it is fantastic what Eddie McGuire is doing while he is in Sydney. Colless and Eddie has settled their differences, and are promoting this game as a blockbuster. That can only be good for football in NSW.

I always find it interesting viewing the upcoming games and possible matchups and talking to the opposition supporters about it. We are not here to have a shot at you, we are just here for friendly discussion.
Clemo

Post by Clemo »

themase - that goes for you 2. Nick off.
themase

Post by themase »

Clemo wrote:themase - that goes for you 2. Nick off.
Nick?

Interesting choice of word.