COLLINGWOOD Vs PORT all comments here

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Dr Alf Andrews

Post by Dr Alf Andrews »

Hi Steffa ... welcome to Nick's. Just don't expect any sensible conversation, that's all.

As for the likely outcome this week ... a fair dinkum 50/50 proposition by my reckoning.

NOBODY is going to CHOKE.

And NOBODY is going to WOBBLE.

If Port lose it will not be through lack of self-belief. It will be because Collingwood played the game of their lives. I reckon Malthouse will have them geared up to do just that. But Port will be switched on 100% ... they are a mighty club and a mighty team and they'll do the Teal Blue proud.

Any Pie fan who goes to this game expecting an easy win is a dead-set bloody idiot.

But it's fair enough to believe we CAN win ... because we CAN. Our best effort will get us over the line ... but any thing less than our best and we are one dead chook.

This is set to be the game of the year ... and for both sides it is a major hurdle that has to be jumped in order to win the flag.

I'm not even going to try to predict the outcome ... but I will say this:

If Collingwood manages to win this game ... we have a big chance of winning the flag.

If Port manages to win this game ... they WILL win the flag.
steffa

Post by steffa »

Dr Alf Andrews wrote:Hi Steffa ... welcome to Nick's. Just don't expect any sensible conversation, that's all.

As for the likely outcome this week ... a fair dinkum 50/50 proposition by my reckoning.

NOBODY is going to CHOKE.

And NOBODY is going to WOBBLE.

If Port lose it will not be through lack of self-belief. It will be because Collingwood played the game of their lives. I reckon Malthouse will have them geared up to do just that. But Port will be switched on 100% ... they are a mighty club and a mighty team and they'll do the Teal Blue proud.

Any Pie fan who goes to this game expecting an easy win is a dead-set bloody idiot.

But it's fair enough to believe we CAN win ... because we CAN. Our best effort will get us over the line ... but any thing less than our best and we are one dead chook.

This is set to be the game of the year ... and for both sides it is a major hurdle that has to be jumped in order to win the flag.

I'm not even going to try to predict the outcome ... but I will say this:

If Collingwood manages to win this game ... we have a big chance of winning the flag.

If Port manages to win this game ... they WILL win the flag.
Hey - thank you :) My first welcome! ;)

Are you a Collingwood supporter? It's hard to tell.. you're the most reasonable one I've ever met if you are! ;)

I also am not predicting an outcome.. it will be a great game and I can't wait! I agree with your assessment - I think if Coll win, they'll get beaten by Brisbane (most likely) but if Port win, they'll have enough confidence to carry it over to win the flag. Well, there's a bit of wishful thinking in that one. Heh.

Why not any secnsible conversation? You seem sensible enough?
steffa

Post by steffa »

I don't think Williams would ever go to coach Collingwood. You're forgetting that at heart he is a true Magpies boy at Port Adelaide. His father is considered the patriarch of the club and his family is entwined with Port Adelaide. He would never go to another club to coach, he loves PA too much.

You're right in that a loss here could be fatal in the future... 3 failed finals campaigns in a row isn't a coincidence and I think the players know that..
Proud Pies

Post by Proud Pies »

can we delete steffa little cartoon......i'm offended by it
Jacqui © Proud Pies 2003 and beyond
favourites 2008

Post by favourites 2008 »

[/quote]

Nah Port sang the song - though I think what you guys saw as a lack of confidence, was actually the players realising that the win against Essendon wasn't much to celebrate! It's this week that counts![/quote]

They relised it was the last time they were gonna sing it thats why!!
steffa

Post by steffa »

Proud Pies wrote:can we delete steffa little cartoon......i'm offended by it
Not as offended as I was by your spit last time I was in Melbourne.
nitric

Post by nitric »

Alberton gals go round the outside,
Round the outside,
Round the outside.
Yes Alberton gals go round the outside
and dosie-do my darling!

Oh ........... as Nathan Buckley said last year, we are going to make a start, and never quit!

Looking forward to a good win.

Have a great Collingwood day.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Steffa please be careful. Once inhabitants of Adelaide set foot in Melbourne they tend to want to stay here and breed.

I suppose the mind expands with the realisation that the world is a bigger and better place than an overgrown country town.

In all seriousness I would save your money Steffa.... I mean u beat us in the h & a last year and we effectively eneded your finals campaign. The same will happen this year minus the 'effectively'. And at the end of it all, u will have 55,000 Collingwood supporters telling u about it.
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Culprit »

Al I can say is I hope your right. I hope we win as I am sick of being close.
JLC

Post by JLC »

steffa wrote:Oh and we're not ALL bad - Port supporters, that is.

I'm at the footy every week in Adelaide and I can honestly say I've never seen any of the abusive supporters you guys talk about so often - if I did, I would be disgusted.. some of the stories from Essendon fans from last Sat are horrible.

Mind you - I've been spat on 3 times in Melbourne by opposition fans. So if the stories are true, I wouldn't exactly feel sorry for them.
Open your eyes when you are at Football Park then and see whats happening in the real world.

Dont be shocked either when you hear a lot of booing when the Port players run out on the weekend and a special reception is given to Kane Cornes.

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
DaicosMagic

Post by DaicosMagic »

"Cities such as Sydney and Melbourne had areas of similar social deprivationto Adelaide, but these were dynamic and social societies with more outlets for people's frustrations. "Adelaide is much more of a stifled, inbred community," Dr Perry said. "There is no vibrant social or commercial life (in the city). The question is why do the best and brightest in Adelaide never stay around, and why few in that category come here? "The answer is clear - no one with ambition thinks that Adelaide is the place for them. "(I'm referring to) the lifestyle of an increasingly significant subculture of people in the South Australian community, whose lives are totally amoral and parasitic upon society," Dr Perry said.
Joel

Post by Joel »

WIN PIES, WIN!!!

I will try and post a bit more later, but I'm a bit busy with an assignment.
Dr Alf Andrews

Post by Dr Alf Andrews »

DaicosMagic wrote:"Cities such as Sydney and Melbourne had areas of similar social deprivationto Adelaide, but these were dynamic and social societies with more outlets for people's frustrations. "Adelaide is much more of a stifled, inbred community," Dr Perry said. "There is no vibrant social or commercial life (in the city). The question is why do the best and brightest in Adelaide never stay around, and why few in that category come here? "The answer is clear - no one with ambition thinks that Adelaide is the place for them. "(I'm referring to) the lifestyle of an increasingly significant subculture of people in the South Australian community, whose lives are totally amoral and parasitic upon society," Dr Perry said.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Ployse expline.

And who is Dr.Perry?

Actually I followed it quite well up to the last sentence. Are you (or this Dr.Perry) saying that ambitious or "bright" South Australians who leave South Australia are "amoral" and "parasitic"?

If so ... how do you (or Dr.Perry) back this up ... and how does this last sentence tie in with the rest of the statement?
PeterWH

Post by PeterWH »

Pies will win and win big.Port will be STUFFED after last weeks game.
Stick it to Williams and shove it up them.
Pies to win and win nicely.
Joel

Post by Joel »

Apparently, these guys will the umps this weekend:

Collingwood vs Port Adelaide
#3- Stephen McBurney
#7- Hayden Kennedy
#10- Brett Allen