Postmatch...comments here thanks..What on earth was that.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

CQ

Post by CQ »

the other thing they were doing that annoyed me was goin along the boundary all the time, total lack of confidence showed up badly when all they did was that.
hardly ever went straight up the guts, fkd around forever, unlike richmond!
magpies are 2 good

Post by magpies are 2 good »

what we really need is just some players that can take a mark in the forward line coz tazza and dids cant do it by them selves all the time.

my changes for the next game would be:

OUT: walker, lokan (man child), mckee
IN: rocca, richards c.cloke
PeterWH

Post by PeterWH »

Saw what I thoughtwas a game between Bitchmond and PIES,but it turned out to be between Bitchmond 7 Richmond.....where were the PIES.
All exept for 2 mins,in the first quarter,5 minutes in the 2nd quarter and about 10 mins in the last quarter did the boys show the brilliance that they are the bestin the AFL,BUT lastlight,I thought that I was watching the Round Robbin matches going on in Dubbo.....some of these guys were playing better than even our resreves.
I realise thatit was ONLT the first game of the season,but if last night was anythingto go by,the Tiges will be in the TOP 4 and the PIES will be in the bottom 4.
I realise that the team missed the big lad,Rocca,but it takes more than 1 player to make a team and 1/2 of ourplayers just didnt seem to want to be outthere.Richardson gave Presti a bath,the centre bounces were all in favourof the Tiges and even the back line was all overus.
I hope that next week there is a 200% improvement,or it could be that we wiill be right where alot of the commenatators up here in Sydney are saying that the PIES could end up in the bottom 1/2 after 22 home games.
Come on fellas,I realise that it was the first game of the year and that 1/2 of the team were AWL....or missing in action....so lets make up for it next week.
PeterWH VK2FPHR Membership No.248693
PIES FOR PREMIERS.... YEAH WHEN!!!
We missed 2002 to 2009,BUT 2010 was OUR YEAR.. WATCH OUT 2018 here we come.We hope!!
JLC

Post by JLC »

I think they must bring in Richards in sooner than later. We got smashed in the ruck anyway so have nothing to lose.

Leave Rogan, Taz and Pebbles with Dids and Davis up forward and let them go to work.

Williams is fast running out of chances and needs to find a new position or go back to Willi.

Walker needs to learn more about the game and maybe Willi is the best place to do that.

On that performance Benny Kinnear will walk back into the team no worries ;)

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

CQ wrote:the other thing they were doing that annoyed me was goin along the boundary all the time, total lack of confidence showed up badly when all they did was that.
hardly ever went straight up the guts, fkd around forever, unlike richmond!
Well said CQ. Early in the 3rd quarter when we got 1 goal and 1 point very quickly to Woey, the only reason we got them was because we went straight down the middle.
Shaw is now an easy target for the opposition players as he continually turns the ball over.
stik35, very good pick up. All you have to do is charge straight at him when he's near the ball and he fumbles and loses concentration. When you look at the replays, you can see him eyes look straight up as he hovers over the ball. Even when there is no-one there, he still fumbles which in turn lets opposition players in whcih resalts in a turn over.
magpiefanatic

Post by magpiefanatic »

Well at least they can't blame Mark McGough. He can't be as slow as some were last night: :P :P
Joel

Post by Joel »

Dissapointing to say the least. I thought we had the better of it early, but let the game slip.

But, it is round 1, and in 2002, we also had a poor start to the year. Anyway, I will post some more when I get a chance.
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

The Border Mail
Tigers put the Pies to shame
Sat, Mar 27, 2004
http://www.bordermail.com.au/newsflow/p ... _id=706848
INSPIRED by its pin-up boys, Richmond put a week of off-field woe behind it with a crushing 40-point win against a dismal Collingwood in the AFL season opener at the MCG last night.
Magpie_Dan

Post by Magpie_Dan »

Shit game to say the least!
PAUL MEDHURST'S #1 FAN
NATHAN BUCKLEY- 280 Games 284 Goals
Bucks You Are THE KING

AT COLLINGWOOD, YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
Yobbo^LuKa

Post by Yobbo^LuKa »

Magpie_Dan wrote:Shit game to say the least!
Shit is a complement for what happened friday night lol
Tradition? Pfft you call merging with Fitzroy and cheatin to 3 flags Tradition? Winning 4 flags in a row is history, which makes tradition!
lethalburns

Post by lethalburns »

Why has everyone forgotten Davidson. I saw him in a couple of practice games and believe body wise and football smarts wise he has what it takes to get a taste of the big league. Others have also not given mention to Swan who also showed a bit.

Williams and Shaw should be pissed off for Nixon and Davidson/Swan

McKee should be dropped for Richards

Walker dropped for Rocca
collingwoodpies25

Post by collingwoodpies25 »

Heath Shaw should never play another game again - Ever, he's finished!
Life is very short and there's not time for fussing and fighting my friends!
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

collingwoodpies25 wrote:Heath Shaw should never play another game again - Ever, he's finished!
Heath Shaw? Are you sure you don't mean Rhyce Shaw?
commonwombat

Post by commonwombat »

Surely must mean Rhyce; bit bloody hard condemning a kid who didn't even play !!!

He WAS bloody awful and looks to have dropped all of last season's good (pre GF) progress, then again he had a few others keep him company.
he's an animal, what can u expect!!!
i_luv_tarkyn!

Post by i_luv_tarkyn! »

my thoughts:

- poor disposal which meant way too many turnovers
- too many free opposition players
- didnt always support each other
- look for the free player!!
- didnt go hard at the ball, waited for the ball to come to them (leon davis in particular)

changes for next week:
mc kee, leon davis, walker, shaw(to get some confidence at willy) OUT
richards, rocca, king and nixon IN

special mention to shane woewodin who played an awesome game when on the ground. pity he couldnt carry out the whole game but looking good all the same.

hopefully next week will tell a different story.
luv jess
LIVESTRONG