What made you happy today? Part II

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

think positive wrote:If I wasn’t Collingwood Id be Carlton, tkhey are the only other team worthy, The rest are a sham! I never shirk from competition I Always take on the best! I’m afraid of no one!

Bring it on!
Girl, you're drunk. Go to bed or at least stop posting. put aside or move away from the PED. :wink:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

Oh man I’m so drunk! WTching some weird shit and kfayo at the samtime!

Ped? Perfect educational dick?
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

Agggghhhhh
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

:lol: :lol:

PED = Portable Electronic Device, but yours works too. :wink: :P :lol:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Hehehe

GO BLUES

**** u geeeebung
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

think positive wrote:Hehehe

GO BLUES (WTF)

**** u geeeebung
When you're sober I expect an apology to all Nicksters, in fact that's reportable.

**** u Geelong and Carrrrlton is acceptable.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

Just quietly, I was going for Carlton too, even though them falling over the line meant we missed out on a classic edition of the Laugh at Carlscum thread. :lol:
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Larry

Post by Larry »

Can never barrack for Carlton.
But was very happy Geelong won with Ablett missing an easy shot.
But pissed off about the laugh at Carlton thread would have been gold if they lost on the siren.
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Being a stay at home dad and watching the little guy grow up is awesome. He's a huge boof head and isn't talking yet but looking forward to getting out to the indoor play centers once they open again.

Also get to start back at Brazilian Jiu Jitsu on Wednesday. Dressing up in pyjamas and simulating murder in a padded room will do wonders for my mental health. I might even get less combative around here :lol:
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

Good stuff.

I've been using the Samsung Health app to track my walks so I know how far I travel. Yesterday downloaded an app called "Map my walk" which relies on GPS rather than counting steps. It connects to the Samsung app.

Anyway, gave it a try this morning, get more info out of it and it occasionally talks to you which was interesting and nice to get a little tracked map of where I'd been at the end.

Surprising to me, pretty much same result for both apps. 34 minute walk covered 3.34km on the Map app and 3.44km on the Samsung. I'd thought because I have longer than average legs and stride that the Samsung one might be underestimating it.
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

Happy yep but relieved probably more so.

So for anyone with boobs we do the self examination thing (if not why not) and then one day you think you can feel something and then you poke and you prod at it until it hurts and your mind then tells you it is something. And so you book in for your mammogram and along comes COVID-19 and they stop screening and as the weeks and months go by you are still poking and prodding ( by this stage your are convinced it is there and getting bigger) and wondering who will look after your mum and lamentingy the fact that you won’t ever get to be with the eles or lions in Africa or the bears in Asia again - self indulgent yes but not helpful when trying to sleep that’s for sure!

They reopen and with much trepidation you go and get it done (not a pleasant experience but ah well) And then you get an email notifying you your results are ready - hmmm you spend some time just thinking about looking at them and then you realise you have forgotten your password :roll:

And finally you get there and they say no breast cancer detected and the relief washes over you - and you are happy!
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think positive

Post by think positive »

brilliant news Morrigu xx
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Morrigu wrote:Happy yep but relieved probably more so.

So for anyone with boobs we do the self examination thing (if not why not) and then one day you think you can feel something and then you poke and you prod at it until it hurts and your mind then tells you it is something. And so you book in for your mammogram and along comes COVID-19 and they stop screening and as the weeks and months go by you are still poking and prodding ( by this stage your are convinced it is there and getting bigger) and wondering who will look after your mum and lamentingy the fact that you won’t ever get to be with the eles or lions in Africa or the bears in Asia again - self indulgent yes but not helpful when trying to sleep that’s for sure!

They reopen and with much trepidation you go and get it done (not a pleasant experience but ah well) And then you get an email notifying you your results are ready - hmmm you spend some time just thinking about looking at them and then you realise you have forgotten your password :roll:

And finally you get there and they say no breast cancer detected and the relief washes over you - and you are happy!
Brilliant stuff. Wow what a process.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
KenH

Post by KenH »

Great news Morrigu, that would have been bloody stressful!
Cheers big ears