Random News Stories

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:^

Yep. Definitely sticks out from doing the rounds of all the media outlets.

Also strikes me as a bit of martydom going on. Breast milk, if you can do it (not all women can) is definitely better than formula and breast feeding is a way of bonding with the baby. But, FFS, it's 7 months old. If it aint bonded by now it's never going to be. So buy a fkn breast pump, express some milk so someone else (like the Dad) can feed it, stop being a martyr and having to keep the baby with you all the time and get some life back.
why anyone would take a baby or a child to a loud raucous show is beyond me, its child abuse.

it actually shits me, always did, when parents let their kids scream or terrorise by running amok at restaurants ( as apposed to fast food stores, but still control em!) My eldest tried it once in Target when she was about 4-5, other kids were running around the old bars they had at the front of the store, and I said loudly if you want to call the cops go for it but I'm smacking her butt! littel old lady said to me its good to see someone still disciplines their kids! Its ok, she didnt need councilling!!

same reason I don't go to dog parks, unleashed does not mean out of control!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

^Sounds like a histrionic attention-seeking nutter, or as Stui says, a martyr, which is a classic far-left archetype. Comedy of all adult events people go to chill, let go a bit, and escape the world. Ricky Gervais would've had a field day with her!

As you say, you'd not do that to a baby, while I'd also never do that to people spending their hard-earned on no doubt a well-earned night out.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Culprit »

We've asked them to take it down, they've gone stuff you. It's inciting terrorism so that's what you arrest them on. Social Media giants have too much say and their moderation is pathetic as the amount of misinformation out there is out of control.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

What terrorism has been incited?

Also, who are "we" to ask for an actual new event to be removed? That's a pretty dangerous precedent for the government to decide what news people can and can't see.
Last edited by What'sinaname on Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

Personally I'd rather see more effort from the Social Media megaliths into stamping out fake shit designed to warp and twist peoples views than publishing factual stuff that some find distasteful.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

That's so true. How hard can it be to stop ads that say "Celebrity X didn't know the mic was still on...Big Banks are trying to stop this"
David

Post by David »

stui magpie wrote:Personally I'd rather see more effort from the Social Media megaliths into stamping out fake shit designed to warp and twist peoples views than publishing factual stuff that some find distasteful.
Hear hear.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
pietillidie

Post by pietillidie »

^Thirded. Deceit has become so normalised, yet trust is the glue of the entire edifice; it's miles more important than some grim fact.
David

Post by David »

What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

^ very good article David
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

Yeah, agreed. It really is overreach to try to demand that Musk take down the footage internationally. If it inspires terrorism elsewhere, that's their problem (and Musks) but they got there way to have it removed here. Which is really pointless if you think about it as most mainstream media showed the footage and if you wanted to find it, you likely still could and even if not there's plenty of worse stuff out there.

Bit of tilting at windmills happening.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Jezza
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Good article, David. Thanks for posting.

I've been disturbed by the cheerleaders of censorship.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
pietillidie

Post by pietillidie »

I wanted to pop this here quickly now, but it deserves its own thread. Bluey has been the best advertisement over here and elsewhere that Australia has had since Crocodile Dundee. I'm telling you, the affection with which it's held, and delight at its simplicity and good-natured charm, has cut through at such a cynical moment the world over.

Normally, embassies talk meaningless nonsense, but this is absolutely right (the series has obviously achieved much greater acclaim this, but it caught my eye yesterday):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9rtOpIBphs
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

Jezza wrote:Good article, David. Thanks for posting.

I've been disturbed by the cheerleaders of censorship.
Especially by the MSM who themselves decides to run with a story accusing the wrong person!!!