Post Grand Final. Sweet 16. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

BEAMER09
Been liked: 8 times

Post by BEAMER09 »

[quote=We struck back within 30 seconds, with the brilliance of a Daicos and JDG. [/quote]

Poor wrong medal Lachie Neale - Nick was his man in the centre and when Nick handballed to Pendles who kicked forward, Nick already bolted forward (where are you wrong medal Lachie) and by the time he got to Nick, ball was released to JDG and there is your goal. Onya Lachie and that's why you got the wrong medal. Wonder if Fagan will point this out to you when you analyse the GF.
AND another involving 'wrong medal Lachie' was last 18 seconds in the 2nd Quarter, Nick danced around and wrong medal Lachie didn't chase Nick who got the ball to WHE then to Crisp and yep, another goal. Wonder (again) if Fagan will point this out to wrong medal Lachie.
COLLINGW09D
MagpieWhisperer35
Been liked: 3 times

Post by MagpieWhisperer35 »

mightypies90 wrote:I don’t know if this works but enjoy.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cx9zhX0S ... _copy_link

Turn on the sound and enjoy. This win means so much to so many. I don’t think there was a dry eye at the ground after the siren went.
Thank you for the share phew tears and more tears this one we all only knew at the siren so different gonna be a good summer
Go Pies
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

^Brilliant. That's fabo! While you lot have a great summer, I can now at least make it through the British winter!

Just watched the granny highlights again! What a game. The more distance you get from the day, the more you can see why neutrals reckoned it was such an awesome game.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Jamie is only 19

Post by Jamie is only 19 »

Turn on the sound and enjoy. This win means so much to so many. I don’t think there was a dry eye at the ground after the siren went.

This is my Favourite video out there just perfect !!!!
Smells like Pies Spirit
Jezza
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 195 times

Post by Jezza »

One month today since we won our 16th flag :D
Still one of the greatest days ever.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
think positive
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

Was tit just mate, I’m still pinching myself!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Sitting here in Paris, I just watched the replay.....for the 6th time!
Magpie-nificent!
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 153 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

^ Oh là là. Get your Magpari tatt done in Paris.
Instead of the traditional Magpie on the fence, have it on a baguette...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
daics aka the ruckman
Been liked: 3 times

Post by daics aka the ruckman »

Presti35 wrote: One thing I've noticed is a lot of supporters saying it wasnt a great GF. (Namely Dees supporters).
I have had the opposite. North, Carlton, Essendon, Richmond fans and friends all loved the game and agreed with many that it was one of the best. Ten lead changes will do that.
go pies
BazBoy
Been liked: 30 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
jonmac1954
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

Presti35
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Presti35 »

That video is amazing. I wish the club added my video to that, but I shared it too late. I was keeping it private and then thought fk it why not, but the club had made their video already, as had swoop luke on insta.

My reaction video is pinned on my Magpies account.... https://www.instagram.com/magpie_mondays/
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Presti35
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Presti35 »

swooper wrote:I'm sorry to say but these people you describe are not your friends. Find new people to hang with if you can. Whilst you can't do much about family (eg your in-laws) - their jealousy and mean-spirited behaviour is their problem, not yours. I'm glad to hear that you are continuing to lap up our success. Go Pies
The older you get, the harder it is to find good friends. We have a 1 year old now and I've met a few people through parenting things like swimming and other groups. It's actually been a majour source for some mental struggles, the people that are closest to you always being negative and never letting you have anything without bagging it.
mightypies90 wrote:I’m pretty lucky, a couple of good mates and I go to the games together. With their kids and my mum and sister there are an about 10 of us who go together, so it was an awesome experience.

Presti35, get rid of the negative friends, you don’t need that in your life. That’s disgusting what they did to you after 2010, telling you to catch up and then not being there. I would never do that to anyone and I wouldn’t tolerate it being done to me. So disrespectful.
Yes, it wasnt great. Luckily I got to see Lionel Richie and be around all the supporters at AAMI Park. I even got a photo with Peter McKenna. We drove out to my friends place in a new estate, were given dodgy instructions and when I rang... "we've gone home already". Will never forget that. Piss weak. But in some ways I look at it as them being too gutless to say congrats to me. I think a few involved have admitted to themselves it was a shit thing to do. Luckily their club hasnt even won a final since 2004. Others in the group are unfortunately Cats ppl and it was fair game in 2011. But I still showed up after the game. Same in 2018. This year though, I've not bothered.

You're very lucky to have close friends to go with to games. Over the years we've met some really nice people near our reserved seats.
npalm wrote:If you don't like the channel 7 broadcast, I have a copy of the game with the ABC broadcast I can send you. Just PM me.
Got a few emails npalm, but dont think any of them work. Sorry for the late reply, been swamped at work.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Thanks so much. Just an amazing clip. Cannot stop watching it. A tidal wave of emotion that sends shivers down my spine.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

32 days on now from our Sweet 16 and I thought it would be interesting to see where all other clubs lie on a days since their last flag ladder.

Geelong - 403
Melbourne - 767
Richmond - 1103
West Coast - 1859
Bulldogs - 2588
Hawthorn - 2951
Sydney - 4050
Port Adelaide - 6976
Brisbane - 7340
Essendon - 8460
North Melbourne - 8803
Adelaide - 9167
Carlton - 10259
St. Kilda - 20857
Fremantle, Gold Coast, GWS - No flags
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.