Pre Match: Pies v. Bombers - All comments here please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

peter_pies4ever

Post by peter_pies4ever »

If Hird plays in the midfield we should put Licuria on him. If Hird plays up forward we should have Clement on him. Lonie should get Cupido and Wakelin will get Lloyd.

The weather forecast for Friday night is fine no showers so this will suit both teams.
Joel

Post by Joel »

I'm not sure if Cupido is playing yet. He got a slight injury but most Essendon supporters reckon he will be right for the game,
alex

Post by alex »

if cloke goes in the 25 to 30 metres out hole, they will hav to lead to the pockets hence inacuracy and we no how undisciplined essendon r Tarrant 6 rocca 3 pies in a high scoring game by 32.
Ev5Magpies

Post by Ev5Magpies »

It just said on Ch 10 news that Cupido missed training with a suspect thigh injury.
Who cares...

Pies will still win
Ohhhh the premierships a cakewalk for the good old COLLINGWOOD
Joel

Post by Joel »

Channel 7 News just said:

Cupido will not play because he has a quad injury. Also, Wellman and Rioli are in doubt.

If you ask me, they will probably all play.
peter_pies4ever

Post by peter_pies4ever »

Fletcher and Wellman will play but Cupido may miss
Ev5Magpies

Post by Ev5Magpies »

Most probably they will, it's just Sheedy trying to play stupid games which hardly work these days with all the "ASIO" spies around the clubs.
Ohhhh the premierships a cakewalk for the good old COLLINGWOOD
roccasok

Post by roccasok »

Woey should be the one to play on Hird. He always used to do pretty well against him at Melbourne, and he spent some good time on him at Anzac day. Then he dropped off him when Hird went forward, and Hird cut us to pieces. Woey may not be the hard tagger, but he can hurt them as an attacking player when Hird stuffs up.

Woey on Hird and follow him all over the ground.
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

According to the news Damien Cupido will miss the game, and Wellman and some other play are in doubt. Either that or Cupido and Wellman are in doubt.
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Culprit »

Don't believe a word Essendon say about players. Past Expierence shows who they say are in doubt play. News Showed Fletcher & Wellman moving well. Sheedy is the old master at saying players are injured and then they play.

I would play Buckley on Hird, yes it sacrifices Buckleys game, but Hird will have to follow Buckley as well.
ScottyMac

Post by ScottyMac »

It's goin to a be a "ring a ding ding" of a match...... can see it being tough all night right up until joffa dons the gold Jacket!!!!
Trippy Pie

Post by Trippy Pie »

If McBurny (the little essendon bitch) is not umpiring we will win by at least 4 goals.

If he is it will take a good solid four quater effort to to beat his bitches.
ScottyMac

Post by ScottyMac »

Well it has come down to myself sitting at home to watch this game. Through a F**k up by the afl in which I was sent four passes to see whatever game I would like at the MCG this weekend.

I rang them this morning while at work to confirm with them (as I was ask) that I would be attending Friday nights game with three of my footy team mates.

The response I recieved from the MCG and then the AFL themselves was "sorry the game is fully ticketed and you will be unable to take your seats"
What a load of shit (pardon my language) In actual fact they have sent me tickets for nothing phoned me to inform me about the tickets and then backed off on the good gesture given too me as part of the "grass roots" program or whatever they re trying to pull!!!!

I held off on buying my tickets to the game because I was told there would be tickets available to me care of the AFL as a guest!!!!

VERY UNHAPPY AFL.

So I would just like to wish all those making it to the game good luck and the players.... and lets stick up the bummers and the AFL!!!!!!
Joel

Post by Joel »

Cupido in doubt for Vic showdown (LINK)

5:15:59 PM Wed 27 August, 2003
Barry Levinson
afl.com.au
Essendon goalsneak Damian Cupido is an unlikely starter for Friday night’s clash against Collingwood. Cupido and midfielder Dean Rioli were both absent from Bombers training on Wednesday and coach Kevin Sheedy was typically cagey about their absence. Asked if the duo would play, Sheedy replied: “I think Cupido could be out injured with a quad.”
Natalie

Post by Natalie »

Big Kev at his best again. And do you think Cupido may have been training inside somewhere else, hence his absence? Laughable.

Hey, has anyone else noticed how confident the bummers are and likening themselves to the 93 side. How much is their heads up their backsides. There will be no room for them to look into the mirrors pre-match their heads are so big.

I'm confident of a win. We must come out hard at the ball, tackle, and run run run. Show 'em who the REAL contenders are. And ffs, someone please pick up Hird.

Go Pies.