COLLINGWOOD Vs PORT all comments here

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

maggie20ct

Post by maggie20ct »

not number 3! i hate that guy.....thats a 3 goal advantage to port already
This message was proudly brought to you by Katie *cough* Tarrant :D
peter_pies4ever

Post by peter_pies4ever »

Will there be changes made this week?
I believe there will be one change and that will be:
In: Holland
Out: Williams
Who else would be in contention at Williamstown?
GreekLunatic
Been liked: 15 times

Post by GreekLunatic »

i think there record is 3 wins from 14 starts at the g and yes i hope we chocke them to submission and if lade gets suspended i wish they bring in primus globe talk in cause there gonna be so slow with 2 big men go pies switch off port's power
JLC

Post by JLC »

This is only my opinion and as crazy as it may seem i think Leon Davis has to be in contention for selection this week. He has a reasonable record against Port in terms of goal kicking which is more impressive as we havnt kicked big scores against Port. He kicked two goals earlier this year against them. He kicked two or three in last years final and four goals when we played them earlier that year. Leon has the pace to expose the slow Port backline as well..

So if its horses for courses Leon must be in the mix imo

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
maggie20ct

Post by maggie20ct »

Lade just got off apparantly...bugger
This message was proudly brought to you by Katie *cough* Tarrant :D
regan is true fullback

Preliminary Final

Post by regan is true fullback »

Please remember the words of ex Magpie champion Dermot Brereton (unfortunately when he played for Hawthorn) when he was ironed out in the grand final he got up in severe pain and said:
"It can't end here it just can't!"
The rest is history!
cullen

Post by cullen »

JLC wrote:This is only my opinion and as crazy as it may seem i think Leon Davis has to be in contention for selection this week. He has a reasonable record against Port in terms of goal kicking which is more impressive as we havnt kicked big scores against Port. He kicked two goals earlier this year against them. He kicked two or three in last years final and four goals when we played them earlier that year. Leon has the pace to expose the slow Port backline as well..

So if its horses for courses Leon must be in the mix imo

jlc
I would be surprised if Leon is selected as he was playing with a leg injury during the Willy game.

His leg was heavily strapped and was off the ground in the second quarter getting treatment. Rupert for mine would be a better option, he was great in last years finals and again on Sunday for Willy.
I_love_Clokey

Post by I_love_Clokey »

I really want to go to the game on Saturday, it would be wicked but my parents won't let me take the bus over to Melbourne (which sucks). But I guess I would be a bit scared coming back after we win becuase I might get attacked by ferals!!!
"You know life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and take a look around once in a while you could miss it!!"
='.'= Kitty ='.'=

Post by ='.'= Kitty ='.'= »

Hey Dudes! I'm soooooo freaking out! We should be able to beat Port but in such desperate circumstances who knows what's going to happen? :( I think Collingwood will be more desperate to win and will play like hell.

P.S This site is gr8! :o
Hiya-and-Higher

Post by Hiya-and-Higher »

We're getting tougher and tougher, week by week.

Battle hardened, pressure hardened, muscle hardened.

And we have not YET reached our peak.

That's why WE are dangerous.
HotPies90

Post by HotPies90 »

Could it be? Is it actually possible? Can gelignite, the man who cannot be dropped, finally go out of the team after doing nothing at all for the last 6 weeks? It seems to me that the aforementioned williams, kinnear and walker are pretty much the same player - mobile talls who can play at either end of the ground. With walker able to also deputize in the ruck, I think kinnear and williams will go. Holland will definitely be back, with a toss-up between molloy and davis for the final spot, simply depending on whether a small or a tall forward will give better value against the port defence.
"Here's to alcohol, the source of and answer to all of life's problems"
JLC

Post by JLC »

I hope people havnt forgotten the cheap shot Cockatoo Collins gave Burns last time they played. The punch to the groin. :( VERY DIRTY

jlc
Joel

Post by Joel »

Is Cockatoo Collins even playing? I heard that he might get dropped.
JLC

Post by JLC »

He will play his one good game for the year is always against us.

jlc
commonwombat

Post by commonwombat »

We ARE the form team, no doubts about it but anyone thinking Port will be a push over is seriously deluded. If they're ON, we're in for a hot one!!! We"ve got to control the midfield and exploit their slow tall defenders. Let's face it , Tredrea will be a handfull and will call for a third man in (calling "fist of death"!!) and/or making sure his marks are taken well up field. Their small forwards can cause havoc and it's imperative our small/medium defenders are accountable as Lokan, Shaw, occ Lonie and especially Cole can often be caught out playing too loose and 3 of this 4 are suspect in disposal. Maybe a call for Brodie??? Our ruck division may also be more effective around the ground. This could be am match worthy of the GF and if we win , lets hope the cost isn't too high.
he's an animal, what can u expect!!!