Pre Grand Final - Collingwood v. Brisbane. All comments here

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Taz2

Brennen

Post by Taz2 »

Is Jarred Brennen out for the year or could this guy get into the brisbane side, pinch-hit and be among there best?

Anyone here know anout his status?
Ev5Magpies

Post by Ev5Magpies »

Molloy won't play. I was speaking to Bruce Davis, the Willi chairman of selectors, today & he said he has re-broken the toe that he hurt last year.
He reckons that McKee will most likely take Rocca's spot aswell as they are pretty much planning for the GF without him.
Ohhhh the premierships a cakewalk for the good old COLLINGWOOD
I_love_Clokey

Post by I_love_Clokey »

Bring in Kingie!!! that is all I have to say
"You know life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and take a look around once in a while you could miss it!!"
labrooy

Post by labrooy »

If Richards or McKee come in to replace Rocca then Fraser will play at CHF in much the same way as Rocca.
Joel

Post by Joel »

labrooy wrote:If Richards or McKee come in to replace Rocca then Fraser will play at CHF in much the same way as Rocca.
I think you are on the money there.
peter_pies4ever

Post by peter_pies4ever »

I don't think McKee will be able to play a whole game in the ruck though and i don't think he would play a good role on the forward line as he is slow mover.
DaicosMagic

Post by DaicosMagic »

Molloy will not play even if fit. A very reliable source says he gave MM and co. a mighty spray when dragged in his last game. He has played his last game with us so forget that option.

Fraser must move forward and kick goals.

Buckley will play more forward because we have the players to go on the ball (Voss and lappin are injured).

Tarrant has to fire. He must push up and run the defence ragged. But we must have crumbers!!! In the QF we had none at all. Didak must lurk around F50. Kinnear must present & present & present.

Rocca is a huge loss because it frees up one of their tall defenders like Leppitch, so we must put enormous pressure on their defence. Too many times we were outmarked in our F50 last week - forwards do not get outmarked - EVER! Craete a contest at the very least and man up on them out of defence.

I have confidence in our backline to do the job. Can we kick a winning score though? We are seriously lacking up forward now. Please MM, do not put Cloke up forward. Lonie perhaps? At least on a wing - Lonie, play as hard as you've ever played before. Burns must play half forward for big bursts.

Walker and McKee are th emost likely replacements.

I still cannot believe we have to fight these pricks without Rocca!
STOKA35

Post by STOKA35 »

for us to win we must
-negate lynch to 3 goals presti/wakelin matchup
-negate brown matchup cloke/presti
-tag voss opponent lokan
-tag ackermanis licuria
-tag black holland
-if rocaa doesnt play have walker replace him and start him and tarrant y out of the goal square this would negate leppitsch run from chb
-when fraser rucks he must push foward at every opportunity
-someone accidently step on or knock vosses knee
-if we are a goal behind at 3/4 time we will over run them and win we must not let them get out of the blocks early.
-not let matthews dictate the match ups as we did against port we must counteract the moves he makes or try and make matthews worry about our player positions
-with the tags on voss ackermannis and black hopefully this wiil free up burns and buckley.
-with rocca out we may have to play on quicker as we have no pack marking foward
-taz is due for a bag
wild cards for them mcrae mcgrath power
for us didak walker kinnear
blackmissionary

Post by blackmissionary »

Great stuff stoka35, so what do Brisbane have to do beat us?
AnthonyC
Been liked: 1 time

Post by AnthonyC »

Whatever the changes, if any, we MUST NOT play an injured player. Forget about ruck contests, the injuries that Molloy and Taz carried cost us last year IMO.
Go Pies!
Joel

Post by Joel »

AnthonyC wrote:Whatever the changes, if any, we MUST NOT play an injured player. Forget about ruck contests, the injuries that Molloy and Taz carried cost us last year IMO.
...and you forgot Nick Davis.

WE ARE GOING TO WIN THIS
Two_Pies

Post by Two_Pies »

And let's not forget they are most likely without a KEY "fab four" midfielder who kicks a few goals too and sets em up for their forwards. If Lappin does play - he will be a marked man. If Leppo is freed from any scragging duties and dropping knees into backs (should have been two weeks) then they will have him playing in an attacking role should make their backline a bit vulnerable cos the bloodnut is not gonna be able to fill the hole all day leaving Michael a tough task. Remember that when we played them at the G in R19 Taz was off in the 1st Qtr due to a ball in the face from McGough !! Taz will be there this 1st Qtr like the QF.

WE WILL BEAT THESE $^%^$%^ !!!
Let all your troubles be forgot for we are Collingwood. We'll fight it out until the end we're Collingwood. So help me Jock.
Two pies and two beers thanks!!
STOKA35

Post by STOKA35 »

for brisbane to beat us...

-they must negate taz as he will be our main focal point assuming rocca is out bradshaw will be his opponent..
-mathews may use leppitsch foward to stretch our defence if no one tall from us plays foward
-voss will start on the bench and will go on when brisbane are in trouble
-buckley may get tagged
-would'nt be suprised if brown gets reported for charging cloke as this may injure him so he cant drop back into the hole
-mcrae will drag johnson back to goalsqaure to negate his run from defense and expose him overhead
-pike on woewodin
-if brisbane get a 4-5 goal break early in the match they will hang on and win.If we are a goal or 10 pts down at 3/4 time i reckon we will over run them as there injuries will take there toll on there ability to run the game out.
peter_pies4ever

Post by peter_pies4ever »

Great stuff Stoka 35, i agree with you in that we should play Walker and that we have to stay with Brisbane early on or else they will run away with the match
commonwombat

Post by commonwombat »

sound analysis Stoka 35, am reading it more or less the same way. Interesting comment about Brown/Cloke report. Can't see Cloke not putting his body on the line unless stretchered off. Would play Walker with licence to put himself about and even scores if necessary.
he's an animal, what can u expect!!!