Post Match v Wet Toast, All comments here thank you!

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Just because we are Collingwood fans doesn't mean we all have to deny reality dudes. I say it as I see it. We WERE pathetic. People can disagree all they like but dont call me a fearweather supporter! I LOVE Collingwood and HATE seeing them play like a pack of disinterested under 16's. What a total waste of time that was.
Lone Ranger
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Lone Ranger »

Wake up people ... football is mainly played between the ears. When you go in with a dont care attitude, you drop 20%. When you do that, you get flogged. With the stupid boundary throw in rule that keeps the ball in the corridor, you REALLY get flogged.

All we wanted was to see some youngsters play well. It was dissapointing that we didnt see a lot. On the plus side, Cole and Diak looked good. Richards looked OK. The biggest plus was probably that Bo Nixon looks to be coming along.
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

Lazza wrote:Just because we are Collingwood fans doesn't mean we all have to deny reality dudes. I say it as I see it. We WERE pathetic. People can disagree all they like but dont call me a fearweather supporter! I LOVE Collingwood and HATE seeing them play like a pack of disinterested under 16's. What a total waste of time that was.
Well said lazza

Infact its going to be intersting to see how we all cope this year, i reckon the pies are in for a quiet one well at least the positive from that will be we wont be devastated by any more grand final losses.

This 4 week behind bull thing is a load of crock , take a look at brissy they won there wizz fizz by 40 points( without heaps of there guns ) so does that mean that allready brisbane are 145 points better than us.

The positive is its only feb
The negative is good sides dont get rolled by 105 points

They the players deserve a rocket up the backside on that performance!!

Edited by to remove langauge - bbmods
GO RUPERT 10

Post by GO RUPERT 10 »

agree dude
god help us if we have to rely on ben kinnear to kick goals if we get injuries
Rocccaaaaa23

Post by Rocccaaaaa23 »

Read the same bull 2 years ago when we got flogged by Sydney in Round 1.

So Carlscum won by over 100 points - does that mean they are a shoe in to make the eight?

Get real people and stop worrying about pre-season games that don't mean a thing.

So what we got flogged! Better in a game that doesn't count for any premiership points than in the premiership.

I am sick of reading all of the reason's why we lost - the negativity astounds me - AND THE REAL SEASON HASN'T EVEN STARTED YET.

The fact is that Collingwood were NEVER going to win even if we had our top side there.

The positive to come of this is that MM and his coaches wanted to suss out the kids who haven't played and see if they willake it this year. Some will some won't.

Get real people and don't judge a team by one game.

Remember back in 1990 - we lost ALL pre-season games and won th big one.

Edited to remove language - bbmods
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Joffa, you are SPOT ON dude. Vast experience tells me that it is near impossible to get near a flag after two consecutive GF losses. I just hope Collingwood dont raise their & our fans expectations too high & keeps them realistic. I think making the Eight this year will take a huge effort but they can do it if they play up to their potential & talent. After that, there for will of God goes the club!!

Esto Collingwood Perpetua!
JLC

Post by JLC »

At the end of the day who really cares. I think we may have got a bit too carried away with INTRA club form and may have been looking through rose coloured glasses. It was ALWAYS very unlikely given the limited preparation that we were going to be any good over in Perth.

One thing that does worry me though is the form of Jason Cloke. He is going backwards and seeing him take a kick out made me want to vomit.

The boys have five weeks to get things ready for round one.

BEWARE OF THE WOUNDED MAGPIE.

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
magpies are 2 good

Post by magpies are 2 good »

this has nuffin 2 do with the game we played against west coast but anyway. remeber the 3 intrclub matches at vic park when eva it was pies,hawks and roos well the 3 teams all lost in 1st rd of the stupid cup. mayb it might b our ground lol mayb the change 2 olympic park park might be good 4 us right about now and a change of enviroment.
bwphantom

Post by bwphantom »

Dis-appointing. But I am not reading much into this.

All it showed is that these younger guys have a lot to learn about AFL level footy.
All this may be summed up in one word - CHARACTER - and if that is not worth developing, nothing is.

Jock McHale
lethalburns

Post by lethalburns »

Looking at this game as a measuring stick is futile unless we sustain injuries to 3 midfielders 2 backman and a key forward, whilst playing the remaining talent on the bench for 50% of the game with an experimental gameplan which no one even understands. Adding to this lack of fitness and skill training.

With that said... My concerns about our sides future remains...

Best midfielders

Burns
Buckley
Lica

Burns and Bucks are vets and wont be round for much longer. Lica has shocking knees and it would be extrodinary if he had a lengthy career.

Where is our future in the middle?

No one at Collingwood seems interested in picking up a medium sized midfielder or at least a small who actually has some toe and skill.

They also dont seem too keen on picking up a ruckman with some sort of stature who does not get tossed around like a bloody rag doll.

I may be seeing things but the Weasles young talent look like they are physically ready to go into a senior side? Oddly enough in a game where it is required... they also are able to kick accurately...

I dont want to be negative... Sometimes I wonder though if making 2 flags and LOSING is such a good thing when you have a very long list of 2nd tier players and an aging midfield.
Johnson#26

Just Remember

Post by Johnson#26 »

Even though...

We lost 2 Gf's, 1 by a small margin, 1 buy a big margin,

Our pride was sapped, our confidence gone,

Both the media & oppostion giving it to us,

We've just been rolled by 106 points

But Remember:

"The wounded tiger is often the most savage fighter"

Note: It is just the Wizard Cup! The eagles clearly wanted a victory 1st up so they plaed their best line up and duly won against a side that was made up of the Williamstown mid-field from 2003. Don't forget that in 2002 Wiz Cup, we lost the 1st three matches to sides that all finished 8th or lower. I bet no-one forget where we ended up...
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

105 bullets aimed at cocky Magpies
Digby Beacham
23feb04
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common ... 22,00.html

Rather, coach Mick Malthouse says he's in possession of a "loaded gun" and will brandish it to reinforce his message of dedication and discipline after Saturday night's 105-point mauling at the hands of a white-hot West Coast at Subiaco.
Magpies eat crow at Eagles barbecue
By Peter Ker
February 23, 2004
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/ ... 36920.html
A post-match get-together between the football departments of Collingwood and West Coast was made all the more awkward on Saturday night after the Magpies' embarrassing performance, Collingwood skipper Nathan Buckley said yesterday.
Not end of world, say Pies
Michael Warner
23feb04
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common ... 62,00.html
BRUISED, battered and embarrassed, the Magpies returned home yesterday from one of the worst pre-season defeats in their history.
punkologist

Post by punkologist »

I enjoyed playing xbox after half time.

Williams is useless, how many shots at goal did he miss?
MargOZ

Post by MargOZ »

I certainly wouldn't judge our season on a Wiz Cup game where we were obviously no-where near full strength. BUT it doesn't change the fact that a loss like that hurts and is extremely disappointing, regardless of the reasons it happened and regardless that it's a time of the year when it really doesn't count.

BUT if us passionate Pie supporters can't come in here and vent our frustrations when we need to then where do we go? Having a bit of a 'dummy spit' doesn't mean we don't still love our Club and team. So don't attack fellow supporters for saying what they feel - at the end of the day we all want the same thing - a black & white premiership. I'm usually a walking optimist but there are times it's great to be able to come into NBB and vent my anger or frustration when we've had a shocker. And of course it's great to share an exciting victory as well - which I hope we see plenty of in the real season!

GO PIES!
Marg
Last edited by MargOZ on Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

100 odd points is disappointing, but look at who else won and lost at the weekend.

Losers: Adelaide, Port, Sydney, Hawthorn

Winners: Carlton, St Kilda, Melbourne

If that's a form guide for 2004, then Campo's a chance for hard man of the year.