CEO Craig Kelly accused of racism

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Tarrant_in_the_pocket
Been liked: 3 times

Re: CEO Craig Kelly accused of racism

Post by Tarrant_in_the_pocket »

Yeah stui, thats the one. Victim mentality is claiming mistreatment and calling back to late mother, etc.

On the victim card application;

Which marginalised, excluded miniority group are you? Lgbtqi
non binary
disabled*
aboriginal**
all of the above.

*self diagnosed only. **fair skinned and university educated only.

Im tired of it. Get the person whos right for the job, not the one who can check the most boxes.
We have forgotten that just because I disagree with you, doesnt mean I hate you.

Opinions are like arseholes. Everyones got one and they generally smell.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

shawthing wrote:How can you "identify" as indigenous. Either through DNA you ARE indigenous or you are full of s**t.
Is someone born in Vietnam with Vietnamese family who speaks Vietnamese but grew up in Australia and has a broad Aussie accent and apartments both countries they frequent Australian, Vietnamese, both or neither? Does what they think, or what someone else thinks, matter more? What does the law say? Are we talking legally, culturally, professionally, emotionally or some or all of these?

How about a Chinese adoptee raised in Australia who has gone back to China? Someone with parents of two different ethnicities who's lived in both countries and has dual citizenship? Someone born in Australia with an Aussie dad, Israeli mother and Jewish ancestry? And on and on we can go.

I'm not saying this is the case with this particular person, but not every life complexity is imaginary.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

Like the Paris Olympics, this peak Woke episode will backfire badly and most hurt the people who are genuinely in minority groups. I am heartily sick of DEI hires (e.g. Kamala Harris). How about hiring the best person for the job whether they are Martian or not!
Hiss
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Hiss »

I once asked the Club to not hire Japanese until they checked their war records. This was Ignored. Not good enough!
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

The ABC is all over this like a blowfly to a three day old steak. Typical of that commie network. Can we opt out of our share of ABC tax payer funding?
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

This pisses me off, I’m so sick of political correctness gone mad.

If Kelly says it’s crap, if the powers that be believe him, call this pricks bluff.

It’s not the USA yet.

If it’s true, bye Kelly.

But I want to know exactly why Cleaver was sacked.
He’s throwing mud, chuck sone back, that’s fair
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

Well that’s ridiculous
I’m a damn super model
No I don’t believe it either
think positive

Post by think positive »

I got victimmentality make me an Instagram influencer (ie scum of the earth for fools who believe anything) from the article

What the **** was the club thinking?
perthmagpie

Post by perthmagpie »

It’s likely to be an adverse action application after a failure of mediation. It’s a claim of being treated in a discriminatory way in relation to race similar to being pregnant or disabled. The affidavit and application came to light via a Herald Sun court reporter who monitors Federal Court hearings. The time of the news release appears deliberate. There is a completely different side to this story and no one is going to hear that publicly until a court mediation is successful (that has no deed of release containing a confidentiality agreement) or the August hearing proceeds. If it remained a common unfair dismissal claim via Fair Work Commission the compensation payout after haggling or a finding will be based on length of employment and salary. That’s likely to be less than $10k. Or CFC terminated him just before a six month probation expired. The big dollars are via an adverse action on discrimination grounds through the court. Perhaps Mark Cleaver wanted a lot more than $5k or $10k or zero. It’s a good publicity case for no win no fee lawyers. They are playing the brand destruction game hoping for a large payout via court mediation.
Magpies love pies(Lol)
DT
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Post by DT »

This is a lose lose situation for both parties. I think the club will be seeking to settle this at the earliest opportunity- it will be a question of how much.

I think two things can be true. It appears that the complainant may be a difficult person but it also seems likely that Kelly said what has been alleged as Brown ducked around that like no tomorrows when questioned.

I'm personally more interested in the state of the list and our recruitment but suspect that this saga will claim at least one scalp.
Daicos, impossible angle ... Goal!
Durka
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Durka »

^
Scalp?
We're talking about indigenous to Australia, not the USA.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

perthmagpie wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 11:58 pm They are playing the brand destruction game hoping for a large payout via court mediation.
yep lawyers playing the blackmail game — get it in media headlines in hopes the club is embarrassed enough by the attention they settle on compensation before it goes to federal court to get it over with — even if it’s likely the judge will likely dismiss it.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

think positive wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 10:42 pm But I want to know exactly why Cleaver was sacked.
He’s throwing mud, chuck sone back, that’s fair
Dishonest conduct. It could be anything from lying about completing a task someone else did to falsifying employment history and qualifications. I don’t think the club can make the exact reasons public, but it will come out at court if the claims get there.
Durka
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Durka »

Hasn't Browne already said what the dishonest conduct was?
That an employee of the club complained to the club about Kelly's alleged conduct and wanted him to be suspended, there was an investigation, Kelly was found to have no case to answer, the employee leaked the story to two reporters (who didn't run with the story), Browne became aware of the leak, he asked the employee if it was him, the employee denied it.Also, that he was instructed by the club to go to the police, which Browne says did not occur.
Three dishonesty possibilities. In relation to the truth of the original complaints, the police report, then lying to the president of his employer.
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

Who hired this clown and when will they be sacked? That’s what I want to know.

And should we wonder why we pay membership to see it flushed down the drain with this rubbish? It’s complete imcompetency and a waste of our hard earned.

And I saw a list of aboriginal related positions at the club - it’s a mile long. For how many players? And I didn’t notice a special aboriginal talent identification position or department - that’s what we need in that massive nga area we have in the NT.

Club needs to sort its crap pronto.
Buon Giorno