Biden presidency and 2024 election campaign

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Latest Supreme Court decision (Trump vs US) makes the US president a dictator.
Theoretically, Biden could now order the assassination of trump, and that would be ok because if he can prove that it was part of his official duties as president of the US. Shouldn't be too hard...afterall, according to the Supreme Court, it is within a president's official duties to attempt a fascist coup, so murdering a fascist should likewise be within the ambit.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

The Democrats are good at shooting themselves in the foot.

If Biden had run against Trump the first time instead of Billary, would Trump have still won?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

^I didn't mind him for a mainstream politician given his role in Obamacare, withdrawing from Afghanistan instead of making it worse, constraining Trump, and putting together the best pandemic policy response by a mile, the IRA, among other things. And even now there is an argument the present is more about unfortunate timing given his accelerated ageing and the fact he beat Trump against the odds not very long ago. Perhaps if he was of sounder mind he would move aside, and as I day I do think the timing of his demise was out of everyone's hands, including his own,l.

But yeah, you also knew that the determination that drove him all his life would stay with him, and he's defaulting to it in textbook fashion I do think a lot rests on his wife and confidants like Obama to help walk him off stage, but stubbornness famously goes hand-in-hand with this sort of decline. He reminds me of the lady up the road whom I used to have to help park, but couldn't for the life of me convince to stop driving! (Mercifully she has now, but it was a worry for a while there). Another lady in our street went down hill and into a nursing home in less than six months, so it can clearly creep up much faster than people seem aware. A year ago, the one in the nursing home looked much better than the one with the car, but six months later the opposite was true, so there's also fluctuation, i.e., the deterioration is not linear.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
David

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Skids »

Skids wrote:Not sure what changed overnight??

Trump - $1.53
Biden -$4.75
Harris $7.50
Trump tightening further, now 1/2 on ($1.50)
The babbling booby drifting, 19/4 ($5.75) and Kamala 5/1 ($6).
Don't count the days, make the days count.
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

Well hopefully he’s about to resign.

Waiting waiting
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
David

Post by David »

This certainly won't help his cause:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/art ... putin-nato
think positive

Post by think positive »

That’s what prompted the press conference!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Joe is not doing well. First he introduces the Ukrainian President Zelensky as President Vladamir Putin, then corrects himself and shortly later in the press conference refers to he wouldn't have selected Vice President Trump if he didn't think she could do the job.

Oh Dear. Whatever is happening here it seems the rate of cognitive decline is accelerating and the only person who can't see it is him, which is unfortunately usual.

You just need to look at video of him speaking 5 and 10 years ago, it sticks out like bulls testicles on a poodle.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive

Post by think positive »

yup!

when he said it i was like boom, bye!

cant believe no one mentioned it!!

the only question is, if his party dont toss him, how much will they throw away on the election!

what a fricken joke!
Jezza
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 193 times

Post by Jezza »

"President Putin" when referring to Zelensky.

"Vice President Trump" :lol:
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

pietillidie wrote: He reminds me of the lady up the road whom I used to have to help park, but couldn't for the life of me convince to stop driving! (Mercifully she has now, but it was a worry for a while there). Another lady in our street went down hill and into a nursing home in less than six months, so it can clearly creep up much faster than people seem aware. A year ago, the one in the nursing home looked much better than the one with the car, but six months later the opposite was true, so there's also fluctuation, i.e., the deterioration is not linear.
Yeah, sometimes people hang in for ages, but once they reach a point the decline comes quickly.

My Aunty who died earlier this year, went in 6 months from living at home alone, driving to the supermarket to do shopping for herself, to nursing home, hospital then cemetary. The speed of the deterioration was incredible.

The people closest to Biden (eg, his wife) should have really seen this coming with his gradual deterioration over the past 6 years and made him hold to his original promise to serve 1 term as a bridge between Trump and a younger Democrat nominee. He could have announced early that he wouldn't run for a 2nd term, let the process to appoint a successor take it's place, and retire with dignity.

You can't blame him, he's not conscious of his own condition, it's his immediate support group and the Democrats snr people who are culpable in this fiasco.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

^Yeah, that worries me about mum. She sounds great at the mo, so I'm worried it will hit before we can work a decent visit.

One related impact of the recent shenanigans is that the Tories being ousted here, and the uncertainty with Biden there, means the pound has strengthened against the dollar. That cuts when clients pay in USD.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:
pietillidie wrote: He reminds me of the lady up the road whom I used to have to help park, but couldn't for the life of me convince to stop driving! (Mercifully she has now, but it was a worry for a while there). Another lady in our street went down hill and into a nursing home in less than six months, so it can clearly creep up much faster than people seem aware. A year ago, the one in the nursing home looked much better than the one with the car, but six months later the opposite was true, so there's also fluctuation, i.e., the deterioration is not linear.
Yeah, sometimes people hang in for ages, but once they reach a point the decline comes quickly.

My Aunty who died earlier this year, went in 6 months from living at home alone, driving to the supermarket to do shopping for herself, to nursing home, hospital then cemetary. The speed of the deterioration was incredible.

The people closest to Biden (eg, his wife) should have really seen this coming with his gradual deterioration over the past 6 years and made him hold to his original promise to serve 1 term as a bridge between Trump and a younger Democrat nominee. He could have announced early that he wouldn't run for a 2nd term, let the process to appoint a successor take it's place, and retire with dignity.

You can't blame him, he's not conscious of his own condition, it's his immediate support group and the Democrats snr people who are culpable in this fiasco.
I personally think quick is better, my mums was slower, and she was very aware of it in the end, she hung onto those moments of clarity, it was heartbreaking - although she really said some nice thankyous to me in those lucid times!!! my FIL lingered too long too. Id rather be like, ok, the real me is almost gone, seeya! i aiways thought id want to hang onto every last second with my kids, but i would not want them to go through what I went through, the last 2 years were hell.

same happened to Bruce Willis, his last movies are so bad, but no one stopped him working. maybe he wanted to but, yeah, for some it tarnishes his image, not for me, ill always love him!!