Sooo, will YOU Booo Grundy ?

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

Also, regarding Melbourne. I'm not convinced that a Grundy/Gawn combination will actually be effective. I think it may actually be the worst of both worlds. Both players seem to be rucks who thrive when they play the majority of their time in the ruck. While they can bob up and kick goals, neither is what I would call a a legitimate forward.

Apparently Gawn has told Grundy that he will be first ruck and Gawn will play forward. Not sure Gawn is a great forward, and Grundy will still need to spend some significant time forward himself. This doesn't work for me.

Geelong on the other hand...
Piesnchess
Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Gawn cant kick over a jam tin for goal, and as for the Sleepy Hollow crew, they dont have a salary cap down at Geebung, the books are very nicely cooked down there, nudge, nudge, wink, say no more, down there. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Wonka

Post by Wonka »

Big T wrote:
Wonka wrote:
mgh3536 wrote:go to him, we need you to take a hit for the team, if not move on

more pressing needs than Grundy, so trade him to ensure:
moore permanently as our CHB (another Roughhead type)
a clearance king

a key forward like Gunston would allow De Goey more midfield time

If we could achieve that, send Grundy on his way
We are certainly in need of a star clearance and contested-ball mid (we get smashed in that area regularly) and a key forward (although I would not call Gunston one), as we are of another Roughead type (months ago, Tony Shaw presciently said that the loss of Roughead this year would hurt us far more than the loss of Grundy, because there are other players at Collingwood who can do anything Grundy can do, but Roughead would lock down a key forward, freeing up Moore and Howe to counterattack from defence).
That super successful former coach? Sorry could resist
RudeBoy
Been liked: 76 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I hope Brodie is OK. I'm starting to think that his reputed search for a new home, is evidence of some personal problems. In the Age today, Cox was quoted as saying, about his relationship with Brodie, "what's important to me is his friendship and that he's OK from a mental health stance."
Wonka

Post by Wonka »

RudeBoy wrote:I hope Brodie is OK. I'm starting to think that his reputed search for a new home, is evidence of some personal problems.
Mental health has always been an issue for Grundy, and he's been fairly open about it in the past, so unless there is reason to believe it has become significantly worse this year, I would not be overly worried by Cox's statement.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

RudeBoy wrote:I hope Brodie is OK. I'm starting to think that his reputed search for a new home, is evidence of some personal problems. In the Age today, Cox was quoted as saying, about his relationship with Brodie, "what's important to me is his friendship and that he's OK from a mental health stance."
Let's hope it's not the mistreatment of de Goey all over again by people who just can't hold off on kicking others in the nads no matter how little they know about something:
pietillidie wrote:To make matters even less savoury, Grundy is a bloke who lives in his own head and doesn't do PR very well. He's not blokey and a good laugh by nature. It's just not in his personality; you can see it a mile off. And that makes him an even easier target for the internet bullies in our midst who sink the boot into him under the cover of his earnings.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Wonka wrote:
Big T wrote:
Wonka wrote: We are certainly in need of a star clearance and contested-ball mid (we get smashed in that area regularly) and a key forward (although I would not call Gunston one), as we are of another Roughead type (months ago, Tony Shaw presciently said that the loss of Roughead this year would hurt us far more than the loss of Grundy, because there are other players at Collingwood who can do anything Grundy can do, but Roughead would lock down a key forward, freeing up Moore and Howe to counterattack from defence).
That super successful former coach? Sorry could resist
Presti35
Has liked: 171 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by Presti35 »

DP
Last edited by Presti35 on Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Presti35
Has liked: 171 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by Presti35 »

Is it true that WCE plan to beat Freo by offering a better deal for Jackson? They have pick 2.

The other thing is I believe Gawn has been playing injured and is now 30. How much longer can he go?

Is pick 14ish enough for Grundy? I cant see pick 2 coming our way, and I cant see 14 and 16 coming our way either (If they deal with Freo). Can we somehow turn this around and get Sam Draper in black and white? His contracted for one more year at Essendon. Someone get in his ear.

I dont know... hows this???

*Pick 2 (WCE), Pick 14 (Coll) to Essendon.

*Sam Draper, Sam Weideman and Pick 53 (Melb) to Collingwood.

*Brody Grundy, Pick 42 (Coll) to Melbourne.

*Luke Jackson to WCE.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

If we are paying a chunk of his wages then I cant see how we dont get a first round pick and a reasonable one at that.
27 years of age is not old either. Its prime age territory.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
themonk

Post by themonk »

Presti35 wrote:Is it true that WCE plan to beat Freo by offering a better deal for Jackson? They have pick 2.

The other thing is I believe Gawn has been playing injured and is now 30. How much longer can he go?

Is pick 14ish enough for Grundy? I cant see pick 2 coming our way, and I cant see 14 and 16 coming our way either (If they deal with Freo). Can we somehow turn this around and get Sam Draper in black and white? His contracted for one more year at Essendon. Someone get in his ear.

I dont know... hows this???

*Pick 2 (WCE), Pick 14 (Coll) to Essendon.

*Sam Draper, Sam Weideman and Pick 53 (Melb) to Collingwood.

*Brody Grundy, Pick 42 (Coll) to Melbourne.

*Luke Jackson to WCE.
that's terrible, Dons get pick 2 & another 1st rounder & we get Draper & a soft player, wtf!
Magpie Russ
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Magpie Russ »

Weideman - a side screaming for a Tom McDonald replacement he remained in the VFL. Speculative forward? We got good one in Krueger.
“Buy” (pay some of the salary) a first round pick trade it up to get Cadman, Buttslinger or Jefferson.
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

IF we Trade Grundy and pay one cent of his contract Ill be very pissed.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

I don't think any other club will take Grundy without the Pies paying some of his salary.

Speaking to a friend (Melbourne supporter) on Saturday night, he was a bit meh about Grundy. Didn't want Melb to be taking on a big contract like Grundys. Was more disappointed about losing Jackson as he had more upside.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Dark Beanie wrote:I don't think any other club will take Grundy without the Pies paying some of his salary.

Speaking to a friend (Melbourne supporter) on Saturday night, he was a bit meh about Grundy. Didn't want Melb to be taking on a big contract like Grundys. Was more disappointed about losing Jackson as he had more upside.
Agreed. There’s no way another club would take Grundy and pay all his costs given that he costs so much; that’s why he’s meant to be looking to play elsewhere. WCE are allegedly in the hunt for Jackson if the Fuschias and their first round draft pick and a second from somewhere else might be sufficient to get a deal done.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman