Pre Match QF2 - Pies v. Lions - Sat. night. Comments here.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

perth pieman

Post by perth pieman »

Living in WA I will only be able to watch it on TV or listen on radio, but just hoping you lucky supporters who can get to the game make a huge noise for the boys. I am sure it spurs them on just like the teams visiting Perth have to handle the very noisy one eyed crowds here lifting the local teams.

GO PIES
Peejay
bokka

Post by bokka »

You'd have to say we virtually have to win this to have more than an outside chance of the big one.

I just hope Lynch doesn't get another 4 or 5 like he did in the grannie, he was just too enormous for Wakelin and they had them one-on-one most of the game which played into his hands. No doubt the brains trust is aware of the problem and has contingency plans, also Cloke's absence last year really upset the whole backline. Very interesting if Presti is picked on him to see how it goes.
Other than that I'm pretty confident. Escellent to see them playing top midfielders Burns and Obie in the forward line, really need that against the unbearables' backline - and also Buckley bobbing up up forward also. About time we broke the shackles against them for a couple of match-winning blitzes like they did against us last time in the first.
wish I could see it but will have to be content with nick's chat starting at 5:30am over here.
A win here would be almost as blissful as winning the grannie (at the time) as it will pretty much write Lyin's off for this year and get revenge for last year.
Joel

Post by Joel »

Please win Pies, please win. Get a good start Pies. (I'm really anxious about the game, I just want it to start)
matm

Post by matm »

Three hours to go and I can't handle the pressure of waiting for the game to start. Light rain has just started falling in Werribee. I think we are really close in conquering this year, all we have to do is kill those lions.
Lets hear some loud magpie noise at the 'G' tonight.

Did you know Willy won the VFL GF in 1990? (same as pies)!
Wouldn't a double header be the icing on the black and white cake.
'young and free'
blackmissionary

Post by blackmissionary »

Matm, are you saying we should get Dane Swan's old man out of retirement just in case we need that winning goal?