Willy vs Frankston @ Frankston

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

Didcos435

Post by Didcos435 »

Shane Whelan wrote:
favourites 2006 wrote:
Shane Whelan wrote:Richards must never play a senior game again.
Side by Side we stick together.

Give Richards one more shot, surely he cant lose the ruck this week. Both Bryan and Richards both dominate at Willy but struggle in the AFL.
Richards has had 5 years at least.

His AFL career is over.
Try atleast 7.

Is it really good for the side to play Richards, and then play Bryan, then when Bryan has a bad game, bring back Richards, then Bring back Bryan 2 weeks later, then Richards again.

We could atleast try some stability in the ruck no matter how bad they perform. It would be good to see one of them play 5 or 6 games in a row.
luvlicca

Post by luvlicca »

stui magpie wrote:
luvlicca wrote:So Im guessing that everyone will be talking Ruz up to come into the senior side next week?? I hope not, he needs a few more games under his belt first I think.
Actually on that, does anyone know how much time he and Dawes spent on the ground today??
After 5 goals, I'll be expecting Rusling to play seniors next week.

Willi seniors that is. :wink:
Nice one Stui!!! :wink:
- Thanks for the memories Licca - I'm gonna miss you!!! - Bring on 2008 - Nick Maxwell has my vote for Captain -
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

And Didcos, that's what we seem to be doing with Richards.
Matt Ryan

Post by Matt Ryan »

Agree about giving one of the rucks a decent crack at it.

But then again, must be frustrating as hell for Mick and the boys who continuously give both string-beans a go but neither of 'em grab it with both hands. It is obvious that 2nd ruck is our one glaring weakness yet neither of them want to put their hand up.

My old man is constantly talking about how good Bryan was in the Blues reserves last year yet can't believe how average (at best) he looks in the AFL.
I have been wrong once before.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

It's all a bit harsh really, Richards performed at least as well as Fraser on Saturday night in ruck situations. Trouble was that both had a very quiet night.
rocketronnie

Post by rocketronnie »

I'll ask again...

How did Danny Stanley go?
"Only the weak believe that what they do in battle is who they are as men" - Thomas Marshall - "Ironclad".
The Prince of Fullbacks

Post by The Prince of Fullbacks »

rocketronnie wrote:I'll ask again...

If you got to CFC site there is wrap up of how all the Pies boys went for Willy.
John Greening deserves a bronze statue
die4pies

Post by die4pies »

Very solid as usual. He will never light up a stadium like Daisy or Dick, he is more at home in a contest and laying crunching tackles. But I like the kid a lot and think that once Sir Scott moves on we may have a decent crack at replacing his Royal Highness with Danny.

Gotchy wrote:
Danny Stanley
Stanley had a really good game playing as a ruck rover/half forward. He found plenty of the ball with 27 possessions, and is in reasonable touch. It was good to see his work-rate, and to see him win the ball and then what he did with it afterwards. He got forward for a goal, and was pretty good at half forward as well, so Mick was happy with him.

For all the other Seagulls reports go to http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/Season2 ... wsId=48373
"MAKE COLLINGWOOD GRATE AGAIN"
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

I like what I've seen of Stanners so far... should be a regular in coming seasons.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
rocketronnie

Post by rocketronnie »

die4pies wrote:

Very solid as usual. He will never light up a stadium like Daisy or Dick, he is more at home in a contest and laying crunching tackles. But I like the kid a lot and think that once Sir Scott moves on we may have a decent crack at replacing his Royal Highness with Danny.

Gotchy wrote:
Danny Stanley
Stanley had a really good game playing as a ruck rover/half forward. He found plenty of the ball with 27 possessions, and is in reasonable touch. It was good to see his work-rate, and to see him win the ball and then what he did with it afterwards. He got forward for a goal, and was pretty good at half forward as well, so Mick was happy with him.

For all the other Seagulls reports go to http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/Season2 ... wsId=48373
Thanks for the link. Seems he had a good game. Is he worth another run before the end of the season?
"Only the weak believe that what they do in battle is who they are as men" - Thomas Marshall - "Ironclad".