Pre-Match. Pies v. Dees. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Tonights decision to bring McStay straight into the seniors or not, looms as the biggest call at the selection table. We’ve kicked over 100 points in three of our last four games and we’ve obviously won them all. The forward line is humming, so they either pick him as a hit up target further up the ground or leave him out because they don’t believe he improves our current output / structure.
I wouldn’t think he’d be picked with a view to keep him parked in the goal square all day. Ultimately, I’d be confident he will make his way into the starting 22 sooner than later but how much they rate him as any sort of improvement on our current form, is the big question. We will know more on Monday.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

^^ With a name like McStay, he was indeed designed to be parked all day in the fwd line :>))
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Take_a_Screamer

Gawn talks about Monday's game and his partnership with Grundy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cYdC5AsHAs

"...He'll probably get the first centre bounce. I don't think I can talk him out of it :>)"
Ash Johnson...you beauty
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Wahts the updates on this lingering illness effecting our players its like this is a weekly thing nowadays.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Take_a_Screamer wrote:Gawn talks about Monday's game and his partnership with Grundy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cYdC5AsHAs

"...He'll probably get the first centre bounce. I don't think I can talk him out of it :>)"

My take is this " Dream Team " of Gawn, Grundy has not worked out as well as the precious Deeeees, thought or hoped it would. I just sense a bit of envy there, tad put out, by Gawn, and Grundy has not exactly set the earth of fire since hes lobbed at the Toffs. Still if I were at the game, I would not booo Grundy, hes like Treloar, he didnt really want to leave us. As Eddie said , he can be best on ground, providing we win the match. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Kind of always think the Dees are a fun team to play and a bit like st.kilda.

We tend to play well against them and kind of a bit of fun.

Last year i thought we had their measure.

We got over them twice.

Thinking we can do the same thing this monday.

Tipping a 90k plus attendance mostly Collingwood monday.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 152 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Moore or Murphy should leave the bandana / hair tie off and don a keffiyeh as a tribute to the passing of The Iron Sheik. At least run through the banner in it...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Said by Zed
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Said by Zed »

stui magpie wrote:
MagpiesTheGreat wrote:https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/06/07/report-melbourne-gun-admitted-to-hospital-ahead-of-pies-clash/

Melbourne superstar Clayton Oliver has been admitted to hospital as he battles an infected blister according to Channel Seven’s Mitch Cleary.

While Oliver was set to respond from a hamstring injury for Monday’s blockbuster clash against Collingwood, he’s now facing a new battle with a badly infected blister.

Cleary says Oliver has been subjected to an IV drip as he battles the infection after he missed training on Tuesday.
I wish him a speedy recovery, hopefully he's all good by next Tuesday.
Hahaha nice one stui….saw what you did there
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...
Said by Zed
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Said by Zed »

LaurieHolden wrote:Moore or Murphy should leave the bandana / hair tie off and don a keffiyeh as a tribute to the passing of The Iron Sheik. At least run through the banner in it...
Nice LH, I’d pay good money to see that. The Iron Sheik…legend!!!! RIP
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Piesnchess wrote:
K wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:... Reckon Grundy may be feeling a tad nervous bout this one. No doubt Sidearse and JDG will be missed, playmakers, but we do have great depth now, something we did not have in other Finals campaigns seasons. ....
Gawn said Grundy "asked for the first centre bounce". :roll:

Wonder if the bookies will take bets on Grundy ramming the first bounce down the throat of Mitchell...

Yeh, Hillbilly Gawn said that "Grundy is really fired up for this match, against his old side, cannot wait ". Oh really, Hillbilly, bring it on, cant wait for Mason Cox and Cameron to kick his arse, so bring it on pal, bring it on. :P :P 8) 8)
Maybe C&C should watch video of Essendon v. Melbourne. Draper and Phillips totally destroyed Grundy. Kicked 5 goals in a half on him, before the rain.

Sheesh... Blind Freddie must know Grundy is a hopeless contested mark... But is it so hard to spoil??? Madgen can spoil and that didn't save his list spot. Dunno why Grundy at 2m can't even do that.
Take_a_Screamer

Who will win the overall clearance battle?
Ash Johnson...you beauty
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

^ Prolly Melb. We've been losing that recently, even with Googs. Melb. have been winning but not turning it into goals.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

No JDG makes it closer than it should be, now we’ve got Stevic so I’m putting everything on the Dees, hopefully by under 6 goals for just a bit more value.

With JDG and no Stevic we’d beat Melbourne by 10 goals when it counts but with the bye looming as well, we’re due a downer.
mattdally

Post by mattdally »

Clayton Oliver has been ruled out
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

That makes up for JDG for the most part, now can someone with the flu breathe on Stevic!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!