Sooo, will YOU Booo Grundy ?

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:^ Because you so much enjoyed seeing him be useless in several more? Did it escape your attention that the only Grand Final Collingwood won between 2002 and 2011 was the one he didn't play in?
That’s a shit comment, mate.
I’m glad you think so. He was, in my respectful opinion, a classic Grand Final loser - the sort of player who stars all season and disappears when it matters. His opening couple of minutes cost us the 2011 Grand Final - it beggared belief that he was brought back after his 6 disposal choke in the previous season’s draw, still less groomed for a new, defensive role. Some players appear to get bigger, faster, stronger and better kicks in Grand Finals. Unfortunately, Davis was a kind of Rene Kink for the modern era. Magnificent achievement by him to play 225 games or whatever he reached - I’d just much rather he had played against us in Grand Finals than for us.

Edit - I just went back and watched the first 4 minutes of the 2011 GF to reconsider whether I was being unfair to Davis. The answer is that I was being too gentle - re-watching it made me angrier and more upset than I was at the ground, on the day. Varcoe kicked 3 goals just once in his 18 finals - guess who he played on when he did it? In fact, Varcoe only kicked more than 3 goals in a match on 3 occasions in his 230 games. Imagine how surprised and bemused he must have been to kick the first two of a Grand Final, inside 4 minutes (the first, of course, came after just 15 seconds). Still, you're entitled to a different view of Davis, if you want to have one.
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Pies4shaw wrote:^ Because you so much enjoyed seeing him be useless in several more? Did it escape your attention that the only Grand Final Collingwood won between 2002 and 2011 was the one he didn't play in?
Geez, now we are sinking the slipper on defenseless old Leon?

He played a very difficult role in a Malthouse coached team
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

And with such aplomb. Here's the link to the start of the 2011 Grand Final - try to remember (as you watch him caught out 30 metres away from Varcoe twice in the opening two minutes and 10 seconds) that he was named in the all-Australian side for that season as a defender. https://www.afl.com.au/video/519992/cla ... 3400400001

No-one was "sinking the slipper" - someone else invoked Davis in support of how McStay might also (!!!) come back and be a good finals player. Spare us!
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

Haff wrote:
Cam wrote:Grundy will take a 100k to 150k paycut and this will be turn out to be 48+ pages of nothing.
Give you 100:1
I'll have $20 of that please!!
Presti35
Has liked: 171 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by Presti35 »

eddiesmith wrote:McStay is clearly independent to the Grundy situation.
This is the key.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Presti35
Has liked: 171 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by Presti35 »

I think the biggest challenge of all would be changing eddiesmiths mind and seeing him say he wants Grundy to stay.

If we can achieve that, then anything is possible.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Presti35 wrote:I think the biggest challenge of all would be changing eddiesmiths mind and seeing him say he wants Grundy to stay.

More chance of P4S saying a good thing about JDG and wanting him to stay
Johnno75

Post by Johnno75 »

I also don’t like the outside 5m we give forward of centre at the SGC.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Johnno75

Post by Johnno75 »

Just plain dumb seriously there is no excuse for that.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

eddiesmith wrote:
Presti35 wrote:I think the biggest challenge of all would be changing eddiesmiths mind and seeing him say he wants Grundy to stay.

eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

Pies4shaw wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:

What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Anyways,

Thanks for your service Brodie.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

eddiesmith wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
eddiesmith wrote: More chance of P4S saying a good thing about JDG and wanting him to stay
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

IF Grundy played today we would of Won
I am Da Man
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

Dave The Man wrote:IF Grundy played today we would of Won
:lol: :lol: :lol:

We lost our last PF with him getting 70 hitouts to GWS at the MCG…

If Grundy wasn’t injured we don’t even make the Prelim, the club will be so much stronger without him.