Post Season 2003 - TRADE TALK

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

JLC

Post by JLC »

Im of the opinion that getting Brown would help out Didak no end.

Surely the Bulldogs would be asking for a quality tall key defender ?

If that was the case who would be the most expendable ?? Do you think the club would release Walker ??

jlc
The Torres bounce is officially dead. You are walking alone now Fernando.
Joel

Post by Joel »

Actually, just on that rule, I've heard that it doesn't come into effect until next season, but I can't confirm this.
I_love_Clokey

Post by I_love_Clokey »

I was just wondering how old Dean Solomon is??
"You know life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and take a look around once in a while you could miss it!!"
Go_The_Mighty_Magpies

Post by Go_The_Mighty_Magpies »

DIDAK MUST STAY!!!!!!!!!
There is just one team we favour...
commonwombat

Post by commonwombat »

Burns4PM, much of yr analysis has merit but yr swap scenario does fall over re Didak who's going nowhere.
he's an animal, what can u expect!!!
cooldewd

Post by cooldewd »

Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 7:12 pm
Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#1 Leon Davis - Tradeable/Delisted agree
#2 Shane Woewoden - Safe "
#3 Mark Richardson - Retired "
#4 Alan Didak - Safe "
#5 Nathan Buckley - Safe "
#6 Brodie Holland - Safe "
#7 Jarrod Molly - Retired/Delisted "
#8 James Clement - Safe "
#9 Glen Freeborne - Retired "
#10 Rupert Betheras - Tradeable "
#11 Shane Obree - Tradeable "
#12 Steve McKee - Delisted "
#13 Richard Cole - Safe strongly disagree....if Bumbers want him, then give us Solomon.
#14 Shane Wakelin - Safe agree
#17 Scott Burns - Safe "
#18 Paul Licuria - Safe "
#19 Andrew Williams - Delisted/Tradeable - will probably be kept
#20 Chris Tarrant - Safe agree
#22 Rhyce Shaw - Tradeable will be kept
#23 Anthony Rocca - Safe agree
#24 Tarkyn Lockyer - Safe "
#25 Josh Fraser - Safe "
#26 Ben Johnson - Safe "
#27 Mark McGough - Tradeable "
#28 Ben Kinnear - Safe must be traded
#29 Heath Scotland - Tradeable should be kept
#34 Jason Cloke - Safe just
#35 Simon Prestigiacomo - Safe agree
#37 Ryan Lonie - Safe "
#38 Tristen Walker - Safe "
#39 Matthew Lokan - Safe "

That is my take on things.....
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I don't C the point of tearing up our list for N Stevens AND N Brown.

Let's be realistic, our thinking is based on 1 game - the GF. In this game we were missing 2 vice-captains (Rocca, Lockyer), Cloke was never given a go in defense (please rewind to the Prelim game, if you have doubts about his value) and from all reports a talented tall forward called Tom Davidson will be in the mix next year. McGough needs to be in the 22, one thing I know he will do is put his big frame over the ball, something we didn't do on the weekend.

I can see another 3 year window of opportunity for the flag.... the worst thing we can do right now, is let our emotions run rampant and tear up our list. All this team needs is natural development from the youngsters, luck with reports/injury, and maybe a single trade.

TRADE PREDICTION: O'Bree for N Stevens
lsdswooper

Post by lsdswooper »

If stevens does come to collingwood I don't want him for a half million a year, he's not worth it. Not after seeing how hard brisbane go for the ball. The have set intensity bar and I don't reckon he's up to it. solomon over Stevens any day!
labrooy

Post by labrooy »

We won't tear up the team but the GF showed our current list isn't good enough. Other teams will trade and draft well. If we don't improve our list we won't win a flag, as simple as that.
Ev5Magpies

Post by Ev5Magpies »

I was speaking to Matt Robbins from the Western Bulldogs saturday night & he said that Brown will go to Richmond in a straight swap for Richardson. It was just reported on Ch 10 news that there have been crisis talks between Richo & the Tigers, so it would make sence & a fair swap if you ask me.

But i'm still hoping he chooses to come to us.
Ohhhh the premierships a cakewalk for the good old COLLINGWOOD
tomoleary

Post by tomoleary »

Buckley, Burns, Licuria, Rocca, Tarrant, Fraser, Woewodin, Clement, Jas Cloke, Johnson, Holland, Cole, Didak, Lonie, O'Bree and Lockyer are the only completly safe players.

Nixon, Richards, King, Cam Cloke, McGough, Shakleton and Swan are all to young not to be given more chances.

That leaves Molloy, Shaw, Wakelin, Presti, Kinnear, Davis, Lokan, Williams, McKee, Davidson and Mullins who should be looked at.

I'm not sure about Crow, Maxwell, Roe, Hooker and Eichner. Richardson and Freeborn will obviously retire.

Mark Richardson will play for Macleod in the Diamond Valley league next year.
Ev5Magpies

Post by Ev5Magpies »

tomoleary wrote:Buckley, Burns, Licuria, Rocca, Tarrant, Fraser, Woewodin, Clement, Jas Cloke, Johnson, Holland, Cole, Didak, Lonie, O'Bree and Lockyer are the only completly safe players.

Nixon, Richards, King, Cam Cloke, McGough, Shakleton and Swan are all to young not to be given more chances.

That leaves Molloy, Shaw, Wakelin, Presti, Kinnear, Davis, Lokan, Williams, McKee, Davidson and Mullins who should be looked at.

I'm not sure about Crow, Maxwell, Roe, Hooker and Eichner. Richardson and Freeborn will obviously retire.

Mark Richardson will play for Macleod in the Diamond Valley league next year.
How can you add Presti, Lokan & Wakelin to that list. After the QF, we were signing Waklin's praises?

Presti towlled up Brown & nearly everyone else this year & it's only Lokan's 1st year. Just take away our whole backline then why don't you!
Ohhhh the premierships a cakewalk for the good old COLLINGWOOD
commonwombat

Post by commonwombat »

Labrooy, u hit the nail square on the head. Will now put my furry hide on the line with my call
1. Davis - trade possibilities
2. Woey - retain, gave excellent service this yr
3. Richo - retired
4. Didak - resigned contract, would retain in any case
5. Bucks - enuff sed. Can he be replaced???
6. Holland - favour retainin, has added to his game, re-asses end 2004
7. Molloy - future unknown, retirement??? o/wise delist/trade
8. Clement - retain, end of question
9. Freeborn - retired
10. Betheras - future ?? has he walked?? future minimal at club, trade possible o/wise delist
11. O'Bree - a nondescipt season, would come under much pressure for selection. Trade possibilities
12. McKee - mobility limitations and lack of jump have seen him superceded. May be trade to weak club o/wise delist
13. Cole - future clouded as limitations have been exposed and will have increased comp for selection. Trade material
14. Wakelin - retain as has been a defensive cornerstone. Years remaining may be a question so must look towards replacements
17. Burns - retain, no if's or buts
18. Licuria - retain, may face more competition from quicker and more skillful competition
19. Williams - question marks but give 1 more season, re-assess end 2004
20. Taz - he stays, needs more help
22. Shaw - deserves credit for his progress this year but future still uncertain. Willing to retain and re-assess end 2004 but would consider trade if worthwhile.
23. Rocca - he stays, prefer he stays away from the judiciary.
24. Tarks - retain, interesting to see his 2004
25. Josh - he stays, imperative he receives support
26. Johnson - retain, our biggest improver of 2003
27. Maggo - has not progressed and has been overtaken by others in the selection queue. Future uncertain. Trade possibilities o/wise 1 more yr
28. Kinnear - with all due respect, not an AFL standard big man, delist or maybe a trade to a weak club
29. Scotland - last part of season was q impressive and can contribute at senior level. Future at Coll however only as fringe player and may be better served career-wise at another club. Trade possibilities
34. Cloke - retain. early season hiccups but fought back well and has worked on some weaknesses, tho no forward.
35. Presti - retain, have not always ranked him, thought him too slow but have happily eaten humble pie re his finals performances
37. Lonie - future in doubt. class and disposal unquestioned but defensive side leaves somewhat to be desired. a player that can look a million bucks but a question mark re big occassions. Trade possibilities or looking at 1 more yr to measure up
38. Walker - v green and thrown to wolves in GF but did show a bit in some earlier games. Re-assess after another season
39. Lokan - has not always convinced but has done enough to warrant another season. Not sure of long term future
he's an animal, what can u expect!!!
rhain

Post by rhain »

Wakelin and Presti. WE get rid of them and our backline is gone. Sorry to say but I don't know what you are thinking. If we lost those two we wouldnt make the 8 next year. I rate Presti in the top 10 backmen in the league and I think Wakelin would have to be close also.
Jonesy

Post by Jonesy »

Our backline has been our strength in the 2nd half of the year, why we would want to chop blokes with the calibre of Wakes and PerryComo just wouldnt make sense.

If anything, attaining a player like Solomon would really round off our back half, adding strength and ariel presence. Cloke will only get better, and Jimmy Clement is a rock, so lets not mess with this department too much