#27, #7 Ben Kennedy

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

blakis

Post by blakis »

Wokko wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
jackcass wrote:This is nothing more than a rumour from SEN at this stage unless I'm mistaken so loathe to give it too much oxygen, their record isn't too flash.
Only 3 weeks to go (OMG), it's already doing my head in :wink:
Is it wrong that I forgot the Grand Final was on but am excited for Trade Week(s)?
I'm in the same boat every year too....... unless we're in the GF
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

swoop42 wrote:If we're going to trade out Kennedy and lose Freeman we need to go after Aish surely even with Treloar coming IMO.

It makes sense that Kennedy would be looking for greater opportunity elsewhere so no hard feelings if he wants to explore his options.

Might be part of the deal for Howe.
I'm happy trading out two fringe players to get one who should be in our top 5. I still want Aish but I'll be ok with just Treloar.
kill for collingwood!
Albert Parker

Post by Albert Parker »

RudeBoy wrote:You win some, you lose some.

Kennedy has plenty of heart and can definitely get the pill, but his decision-making and ball use are not quite up to AFL standard. I wish him well if he goes to the Dees, and hope we get some value trade wise for him.
This
One team, one dream - the Pies and this year's premiership
E

Post by E »

AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

I don't think there's much point in hindsight here. Sure, Kennedy's the one that looks as if he might not work out, but it could have been Broomhead or Grundy. It doesn't much matter which player was taken with the Wellingham pick and which with the Dawes, having the three picks together was the important thing. Quantity of picks is the main key to success, allowing you to ameliorate against failures. So even though Wellingham has always been one of my favourite players, agreeing to move him on when he wanted out was the right move and pick 17 in compensation was a good outcome and remains so.
Well done boys!
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

AN_Inkling wrote:I don't think there's much point in hindsight here. Sure, Kennedy's the one that looks as if he might not work out, but it could have been Broomhead or Grundy. It doesn't much matter which player was taken with the Wellingham pick and which with the Dawes, having the three picks together was the important thing. Quantity of picks is the main key to success, allowing you to ameliorate against failures. So even though Wellingham has always been one of my favourite players, agreeing to move him on when he wanted out was the right move and pick 17 in compensation was a good outcome and remains so.
Anyone who can get a verb like "ameliorate" into a post on Nick's deserves to be "agreed with"!
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
themonk

Post by themonk »

inxs88 wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:I don't think there's much point in hindsight here. Sure, Kennedy's the one that looks as if he might not work out, but it could have been Broomhead or Grundy. It doesn't much matter which player was taken with the Wellingham pick and which with the Dawes, having the three picks together was the important thing. Quantity of picks is the main key to success, allowing you to ameliorate against failures. So even though Wellingham has always been one of my favourite players, agreeing to move him on when he wanted out was the right move and pick 17 in compensation was a good outcome and remains so.
Anyone who can get a verb like "ameliorate" into a post on Nick's deserves to be "agreed with"!
Impressive, most impressive
Neil Appleby

Ben Kennedy to Melbourne?

Post by Neil Appleby »

Josh Mahoney was interviewed on trade radio today and said that Melbourne had already met with Ben Kennedy and that discussions about a trade were progressing. Mahoney said Ben considers a move may be the best chance for him to get a regular senior gig.
So Melbourne offers what for a former first round pick? 2nd round or a player?
After the epic draw comes the decisive knockout!
Collingwood rules the world again and Mick Malthouse fulfils his destiny with the twenty ten premiership and can you hear the people sing!
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Ben Kennedy to Melbourne?

Post by inxs88 »

Neil Appleby wrote:Josh Mahoney was interviewed on trade radio today and said that Melbourne had already met with Ben Kennedy and that discussions about a trade were progressing. Mahoney said Ben considers a move may be the best chance for him to get a regular senior gig.
So Melbourne offers what for a former first round pick? 2nd round or a player?
This thread exists!
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Well done boys!
Neil Appleby

Post by Neil Appleby »

Pardon me! I looked down the page and couldn't see any Kennedy to Melbourne threads. But the question remains. What's the best deal we could reasonably hope to get for Ben?
Collingwood rules the world again and Mick Malthouse fulfils his destiny with the twenty ten premiership and can you hear the people sing!
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

We won't get their second rounder IMO, maybe a swap of second rounders would get it done, he doesn't have much value.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Neil Appleby

Post by Neil Appleby »

I'm in the right place now. Josh Mahoney spoke on Trade Radio today and said that Melbourne had already had talks with Ben. Looks like they will pursue him, so what's the best reasonable outcome? Aish looks likely to stay at Brisbane so I'm hoping we try to get a few "Crisp/Greenwood" type deals done for Freeman, Seeds and BenKen.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Neil Appleby wrote:I'm in the right place now. Josh Mahoney spoke on Trade Radio today and said that Melbourne had already had talks with Ben. Looks like they will pursue him, so what's the best reasonable outcome? Aish looks likely to stay at Brisbane so I'm hoping we try to get a few "Crisp/Greenwood" type deals done for Freeman, Seeds and BenKen.
Our best bet would be to package Seeds and BK up for the Dees second rounder IMO.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

themonk wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
Impressive, most impressive
Cromulent even
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum