Biden presidency and 2024 election campaign

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

watt price tully wrote:The US can’t allow Iran to take over the whole region.
No, of course not. That would upset their buddies, and biggest terrorist supporters/enablers, the Saudis.
kill for collingwood!
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Get real. The picture is a lot bigger than that. Taking out a few non Syrians in Syria who are indeed Hezbollah and the location is a place of weapons transfer is a smart thing to do: limited in scope. If you want Iran to take over then do nothing. That of course might be nice for those not involved and give a few on the left a warm fuzzy feeling but the “real politic” is another matter entirely.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

So not a civilian?a genuine target of the mission? No it’s no better, but that works both ways
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Jezza
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 193 times

Post by Jezza »

The Republican nominee wins the Virginia gubernatorial election, after 8 years of Democrat control.

Also a tight race in New Jersey as well.

Could be a sign of things to come for next year's midterms.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-amer ... 595qb.html
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

I think history already suggests pretty clearly that the Democrats will get washed in the midterms. Certainly there's no indication that the new administration has done anything to warrant a different result (many of Biden's campaign promises have been jettisoned thanks to stonewalling by conservative Democrats in the senate, and it seems his approval rating has already taken a plunge). If so, it may well be another two-year Democratic legislative majority wasted, much like what played out in Obama's first term before the Tea Party made him a lame duck.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
roar

Post by roar »

^^ It's primarily a local issue, David. Matt Taibbi has written a very good article on the debacle in Virginia, and how the Democrats are, once again, refusing to properly analyse why they are losing a large number of their voting base.
kill for collingwood!
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

So now that the Republicans have won the Governorship in Virginia,everything is fine and dandy with the voting system and they have no problems with it.Yet when the Democrats win under the same electoral system,they scream voter fraud and want to violently overturn the election results.What a bunch of Malakas they are.
Jezza
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 193 times

Post by Jezza »

doriswilgus wrote:So now that the Republicans have won the Governorship in Virginia,everything is fine and dandy with the voting system and they have no problems with it.Yet when the Democrats win under the same electoral system,they scream voter fraud and want to violently overturn the election results.What a bunch of Malakas they are.
Didn’t the Democrats perpetuate Russiagate for the entirety of Trump’s presidency?
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
roar

Post by roar »

fair call
kill for collingwood!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Jezza wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:So now that the Republicans have won the Governorship in Virginia,everything is fine and dandy with the voting system and they have no problems with it.Yet when the Democrats win under the same electoral system,they scream voter fraud and want to violently overturn the election results.What a bunch of Malakas they are.
Didn’t the Democrats perpetuate Russiagate for the entirety of Trump’s presidency?
Trump was President? I must have missed that. What's he doing. now? :lol:
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Jezza wrote:
I don’t recall them trying to heavy state officials to overturn the election result.I don’t recall them fighting court battle after court baattle,and losing every single one of them,to have the election result overturned.I don’t recall a rabid Democratic mob attacking the capitol building and violently trying to overturn the result of the election at the behest of their deluded,demented leader.So in summary,no comparison at all,
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

I'm very pleased with few things: withdrawal from Afghanistan; the reinstatement of environmental protections and carbon commitments; the pushback against dangerous religious quackery (e.g., anti-vax, anti-science, anti-abortion lunacy); and the G20 agreement on a global minimum tax. I'm sure there are more advances I can't recall off the top of my head. But those first four things dwarf everything else mentioned, don't they, dementia or not?
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm