Game Day. Magpies v. Demons. Late changes, comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

Magpietothemax wrote:
Haff wrote:This game just shouldn’t be on a Thursday night. I can’t watch it live and I’m Farking fuming about it. Will get home around 945 so will be absolute radio silence. Phone being turned off.
that never works...someone there will tell you the score
I’ll be announcing it when I get there. Anyone who talks about the footy will be swiftly punched in the mouth, including the children.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Confirmed a 7:20pm start and starting to clear as well
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

This game is huge,The winner will be in the box seat to win the premiership,while the loser will move over into the death side if the draw,with a likely preliminary final against the Lions at the Gabba.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Haff wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Haff wrote:This game just shouldn’t be on a Thursday night. I can’t watch it live and I’m Farking fuming about it. Will get home around 945 so will be absolute radio silence. Phone being turned off.
that never works...someone there will tell you the score
I’ll be announcing it when I get there. Anyone who talks about the footy will be swiftly punched in the mouth, including the children.

I have a vital game of Tournament Chess tonight, no Bye available. dunno how the friggin hell, im gonna concentrate, phones banned during games, just let it be, wait till I get home, get result then, the only logical way. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

GO WOODS, bring this one home. Just do it. !!!!!!
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 152 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Big Maso looks fired up!

Smash 'em lads.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Piesnchess wrote:...
I have a vital game of Tournament Chess tonight, no Bye available. dunno how the friggin hell, im gonna concentrate, phones banned during games, just let it be, wait till I get home, get result then, the only logical way. :o
Can't you offer an early draw??

Or are draw offers banned?
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Piesnchess wrote:
Haff wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote: that never works...someone there will tell you the score

WTF PNC!!! How can you possibly play chess on a night like tonight!!! Offer a quick draw and get home asap.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
jonmac1954
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

NEVER offer the quick draw - the game is the thing.