Coronavirus 5 - Last Blood

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

^So sorry to hear, partypie; sounds like he was a top bloke. It also sounds like you were close, which can only make it harder. Feel free to share more here amongst us old softies. We rant and rave but it's all bark and no bite, and are always willing to lend an ear.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

OMG I’m so very sorry, that’s awful mate. Sending lots of love and big hugs to you.

I’ve been shocked hoe lightly people are taking covid now, that’s a horribly stark reminder that’s it’s not over. All the best to the family mate xxx
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

How are you and Hubby going?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
partypie

Post by partypie »

think positive wrote:OMG I’m so very sorry, that’s awful mate. Sending lots of love and big hugs to you.

I’ve been shocked hoe lightly people are taking covid now, that’s a horribly stark reminder that’s it’s not over. All the best to the family mate xxx
I got the impression that the sudden increase in cases caught the hospitals on the hop and there was a bit of panic involved. WA is requiring masks in hospitals as of a couple of weeks ago.

I hope you and hubby are on the mend Jo
think positive

Post by think positive »

stui magpie wrote:^

How are you and Hubby going?
i still have a lot of chest congestion, so does my eldest, but we are all negative and junior and hubby are fine.

mate, its been a really shitty 3 weeks since junior first got sick! wouldnt wish it on anyone!! thanks for asking xxx
think positive

Post by think positive »

partypie wrote:
think positive wrote:OMG I’m so very sorry, that’s awful mate. Sending lots of love and big hugs to you.

I got the impression that the sudden increase in cases caught the hospitals on the hop and there was a bit of panic involved. WA is requiring masks in hospitals as of a couple of weeks ago.

I hope you and hubby are on the mend Jo
cheers mate thanks, almost back to normal, we are all negative!!!

yeah, its like people have forgotten everything we went through with masks and lockdowns, its crazy. sadly you have first hand experience of the absolute worst xx
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Condolences on your loss partypie.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Culprit »

Very Sad partypie. Deepest Sympathy to you and your family.
Jezza
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Very sorry for your loss, partypie.

Condolences to you and your family.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
lazzadesilva
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Oh dear me I don’t like sad news. Deepest sympathies to you on your loss. May your brother RIP and his loving memory live on in your heart.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

You and your hubby recovered, TP?
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
think positive

Post by think positive »

pietillidie wrote:You and your hubby recovered, TP?
yeah hubby is fine, so is junior, unfortunately my eldest and I are still struggling with low energy levels, aches and pains, and just generally feeling like crap!!

i want to go to training, but i could not drive that far, walk around and drive home, just no way

a little better everyday, but yeah, its been awful!

thankyou for asking mate, cheers xxx
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-12-20/ ... /103241640
COVID-19 is still a "key contributor" to higher death rates as new data reveals Australia's nationwide mortality rate is sitting at more than six per cent higher than expected.

The national excess mortality rate for the first eight months of 2023 shows deaths are estimated at 6.1 per cent above expected levels.

It marks a drop from 14.1 per cent higher than expected mortality rates during the same period in 2022, according to data released this week by the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
Jezza
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

A sad byproduct of COVID restrictions.
The number of people being diagnosed with cancer in Victoria has dramatically dropped, causing alarm among experts that Aussies are living with the disease unnoticed.

Recent statistics from the Victorian Cancer Council saw an unprecedented decline in reported diagnoses of cancer when compared to what was expected for 2022.

To the unsuspecting, these results would have been a positive thing. However, to experts it is anything but.

A recent report on the impact of Covid-19 on cancer outcomes in Australia showed the pandemic may have been the catalyst for exposing the existing gaps in detection and treatment of cancer.

The report found evidence that the pandemic impacted the ability for patients to get tested and for hospitals to perform screening, diagnosis and provide treatment across Australia.

To add to the concern, the usual diagnosis rate is expected to increase by 4 per cent each year. This increase did not occur, with the number of new diagnoses from 2019 to 2021 being only 1 per cent higher. This means the rate fell by 3 per cent.

The Victorian Cancer Council found that in 2022, an average of 98 Victorians were diagnosed with cancer each day. That average is an approximation from the total of 35,656 cases in 2022.

With the population growth and the ageing population, the percentage and numbers should have been higher.
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/healt ... f8c85c6af5
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
What'sinaname
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

The Fauci testimony at the House Select Committee

- Masks don't work
- Social distancing isn't based on science
- COVID came from a lab in Wuhan from scientists doing gain of function research.

China just mutated a 100% lethal COVID variant.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.