Sooo, will YOU Booo Grundy ?

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Wonka

Post by Wonka »

Grundy to take pay cut when he signs with Demons

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/gru ... 5bmvw.html
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

What's all that about? If he is willing to take a paycut, I wonder there is some truth to him having other issues at the Club?

Posted this back in June; the fire has proven to be smokey and the jungle drums correct in their prognostications
Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
stui magpie wrote:The Jungle Drums are media speculation. Ratings clickbait.

Cameron and Cox have done wonderfully well, but we are a better team with Grundy in.
I dunno Stui, no smoke without fire!
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
stui magpie
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 77 times

Post by stui magpie »

He can only take a pay cut if he adds an extra year to his contract on the same total coin.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Wonka wrote:Grundy to take pay cut when he signs with Demons

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/gru ... 5bmvw.html
It won’t be a pay cut it will be a new deal with the money owed spread out over a longer period
It also says the last 2 years of his salary is much lower which means the chat about it being heavily front ended was as it seems pretty correct
We won’t be paying $300k Melbourne will be responsible for the majority of what he is owed hence why we are looking at a pick in the 20’s it seems
MAY-Z

Post by MAY-Z »

I was under the impression it was mid loaded so the big years are coming up now, but like it suggests if they are looking at spreading, that would suggest they are taking on more of it so a lower pick back, which might not actually matter to much if that pick is offloaded for fiorini / Mitchell anyway
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

If we arent paying much of his wages I can live with a pick around 20-25.

Seems like if you got space in your cap you can get some quality players for cheap.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

So let me get this straight. He wouldn’t take a pay cut for us, but he will for Melbourne
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ You have no idea what conversations he has had with Collingwood over recent months.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Pies4shaw wrote:^ You have no idea what conversations he has had with Collingwood over recent months.
Neither do you so that makes two of us.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

No, I don't. But I'm not the one suggesting that he wouldn't take a pay cut for us but will for Melbourne, am I?

What we do know - from published reports - is that Wright wants the list cost of the ruck division halved and that Wright requires that to happen this year. In those circumstances, the question whether he might remain for $800K instead of $900K per season would be entirely irrelevant. The Club wants the salary of the ruck division down to $1M. They simply cannot achieve that by keeping Grundy on any reasonable proportion of his present deal.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

In addition to the rumours about pay cuts, Collingwood co payment etc, is Collingwood guaranteed getting a first round pick for Grundy? I certainly hope so but thought I may have read a second round pick on the AFL website
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ It's being widely reported that an early second rounder (circa pick 25) is what Collingwood wants.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

[quote="watt price tully"]In addition to the rumours about pay cuts, Collingwood co payment etc, is Collingwood guaranteed getting a first round pick for Grundy? I certainly hope so but thought I may have read a second round pick on the AFL website
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Looks like Wright is conditioning us to the idea we wont be getting our hands on a 1st round selection for Grundy.

I hope we are paying less than $300,000 a season for such a return.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Piesnchess
Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

A second round pick is a ****, tell them to get stuffed. Play hardball on this for as long as it takes, bugger them. They want him , then ante up you silver tailed bastards. BTW, I see the Bluebellies have just signed that McKay up for the next seven yrs, on a Kings ransom. So, its not just us, other clubs are now doing long term expensive signings. I dont rate McKay much at all, im my view Curnow is far the better player. Just saying.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.