Pre Match: Pies v. Bombers - All comments here please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Donny
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Pre Match: Pies v. Bombers - All comments here please.

Post by Donny »

Another 'final' for us on friday night.

This is going up a little earlier than usual as it's a Friday game and already there's a buzz goin round so let's hear what you all reckon.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
Donny
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Donny »

Culprit says:

We have to win this week against the star studded bombers or the Sydney win was a wasted effort.

We need to finish second it's that simple.
----------------------------

the weed says:

OK let's move it in a pre-game direction

Next week will be huge - the Bombers are playing premiership footy right now. Anyone who can keep Lloyd to 4 goals will have had a great night. Hird, too - he absolutely killed Pavlich out of the middle yesterday. Their defence, even if minus Fletcher, is underrated. And unlike the Swans, they're used to the big-match atmosphere. We'll have to be very good to win it.

Weed

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
STOKA35

Post by STOKA35 »

i dont want to sound negative will the trip to sydney and playing in heavy conditions effect our performance this week as the bombers played at the dome.I hope mick comes out and says playing in heavy conditions won't be an excuse.
Dr. Rock

Post by Dr. Rock »

I think the resting of Cole and Mckee was partially in mind of this week.Walkers efforts have been great and his fitness could be a factor.
I have been very impressed with the for mof Josh Fraser, for htose old enough to remember doesn't he play like a young Len Thompson!
Joe

Post by Joe »

We owe them one from Anzac Day.
Joel

Post by Joel »

Magpies plan Lloyd attack (Click on heading for full article)
By Martin Blake
Sydney
August 25 2003
Simon Prestigiacomo is not the most fashionable player at Collingwood but, for once, the dour full-back becomes a crucial cog this week as Mick Malthouse's team prepares for a round-22 battle with Essendon upon which premiership campaigns could be decided.
Adz

Post by Adz »

Lloyd must be shut down. He cannot have space to lead into and our player must stand/play in front. NO Lloyd, NO dons. Presti...welcome back.
Daks

Post by Daks »

If we can hold Lloyd to only a couple of goals which we should easily do, we r gunna win this one easily... essendon are wayyyy too overrated and always go into games with too much confidence, a team of its calibre can't win 6 in a row keeping in mind, they havnt faced a decent top 8 side in those wins.... its time for the bombers to get done!
DaicosMagic

Post by DaicosMagic »

Uh, they actually played and beat Brisbane.

Has Licuria ever played on Hird? That could be an interesting match-up becasue Licca is very fit and won't give Hird an inch. Everything else we have tried has failed - Hird kills us every time. Burns would probably take Johnson, Buckley will carve up Peverill. We need to stop Lloyd - Cloke must play in the hole (Mr Malthouse, I hope you've learnt your lesson from Anzac day - we hope never to see Clokley up forward again). Please don't allow 1 hit wonders like Cupido beat us again (enter Clement).
Joel

Post by Joel »

No Essendon, no Lloyd? If I remember correctly, they had THREE players kick five goals against us on Anzac Day. Don't EVER underestimate your opposition.
Daks

Post by Daks »

yes yes, they did beat brisbane but lets not forget that brisbane were ectremely undermanned that game... if they had any decent players playing for them that night.... they woulda belted the shit outta essendon... like i said b4, essendon r just an average team
pixii

Post by pixii »

If we win against the bombers, then it means we play brisbane at the mcg! Does this worry anyone, or do you reckon we could realistically overcome the lions?

-EDDIE FOR PM-
Joel

Post by Joel »

Daks - Like I said, against us on Anzac Day they had a few players kick five goals. Don't underestimate them. Having said that, we can beat them, and really, we do have the players to do it.
AnthonyC
Been liked: 1 time

Post by AnthonyC »

Want to see us win obviously, however the positive is that we have all but stitched up a Top 4 spot regardless of the result (barring a thumping). Don't worry too much about who we play the week after, the way things have been falling into place for us the doggies might come up and beat the brians.

Back to the game this week, I honestly don't see who we have that can stop lloyd, he his hard to stop at the best of times, and is in white hot form atm. I will scream blue murder if the umps give him frees this week and Taz gets nothing. Agree with others we must shut him down, they look for him far more often than we do Taz.
Go Pies!
magpie willow

Post by magpie willow »

Essendon have been on a role but havent beaten any good side but Brisbane. Im sick of hearing the mongrels saying how god they are and that they will make the 4 and win the flag WHAT A LAUGH!

This week essenscum are actually playing a quality champion side and the pies will go clean em up on friday night and take 2 home finals with em!

CARN THE BLOODY PIES!
cheers
Will.

CARN THE PIES!!!!