Practice Match: Pies V Demons - All comments here please

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Joel

Practice Match: Pies V Demons - All comments here please

Post by Joel »

....this thread is for everyone to discuss this week's game, Collingwood V Melbourne @ Vic Park on Friday at 4pm.

BTW, the chat room will be open for everyone!
piedys
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 70 times

Post by piedys »

Do we have to give them a "hand-out" at the gate? I've got a whole jar full of 1c & 2c coins from the stone-age they can have if they wanna count 'em up.

dyso
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

I didn't know that they were still playing practice games at Vic Park? I'll have to hop down there one time.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Joel

Post by Joel »

David, Collingwood actually played a practice match VS Sydney @ Vic Park two weeks ago.

So, who is making the trip to the game?
Daks

Post by Daks »

Yeah, Ill tryto make my way down there.
Joel

Post by Joel »

Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Will Licca/Taz make a come back this week? And also, is this the last practice match before the season proper?
Meatpie

Post by Meatpie »

I think this game should be a good indication of what to expect in round 1 from the boys. Last chance to push for selection.
A few of the guys who have had interupted pre-seasons will play a practice match next weekend as well, so should be an interesting one and a played at a pretty high tempo.
Daicos....in 200 years time they'll still be wondering how he did it!
Joel

Post by Joel »

Johnson#26 wrote:Will Licca/Taz make a come back this week? And also, is this the last practice match before the season proper?
Taz played last week, and will probably play again this week. It has been said in the paper the last few days that Lica will be playing this Friday. Finally, yes, this is the last practice match before the season proper. After this week, all clubs have a week off, and then it is Rd1 the following week.
Last edited by Joel on Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Canberra

Post by Canberra »

Presti is also a chance to play. It will depend on a fitness test. Although the players are supposed to have a week off,Collingwood have applied to the Offal to allow those players with interupted preparations to play in the last Williamstown practice match on the weekend before the start of the season. Players eligible are Presti,McGough,Didak,Tarrant,Licuria and Davidson. There may be more.
Do not adjust your mind. The fault is in reality.
Two_Pies

Post by Two_Pies »

Canberra that could have been a ploy from the wily old grey fox MM to bring those guys up to full pace without intense scrutiny from the others clubs. EG Taz playing in the Alice in a virtual media blackout and having a run in Willi colours...

Does anyone know how Davidson is travelling? My hopes are he can play the traditional key forward leaving Taz and Rocca to cause havoc for other matchups.
Let all your troubles be forgot for we are Collingwood. We'll fight it out until the end we're Collingwood. So help me Jock.
Two pies and two beers thanks!!
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Wizard Regional Challenge squads
6:14:44 PM Wed 10 March, 2004
Sportal
Squads for Wizard Regional Challenge Series Matches This Weekend:

Collingwood: Leon Davis, Ryan Lonie, Nathan Buckley, Brodie Holland, James Clement, Shane O'Bree, Steve McKee, Richard Cole, Shane Wakelin, Bo Nixon, Tom Davidson, Scott Burns, Paul Licuria, Andrew Williams, Chris Tarrant, Guy Richards, Rhyce Shaw, Anthony Rocca, Josh Fraser, Ben Johnson, Mark McGough, Ben Kinnear, Matthew Lokan,
Luke Shackleton, Cameron Cloke, Jason Cloke, Tristen Walker, Heath Shaw.
shaw-y#22

Post by shaw-y#22 »

Does anyone know what happened to David King??

I heard he received a knee injury in Alice Springs, is this the case??
Joel

Post by Joel »

Good to see Sir Scott Burns playing this week, after the expected layoff a few weeks back, and that Lica will finally get a run. Still no Presti though. DAMN!
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

Regarding practice matches, Willaimstown play on Saturday, then travel to Ballarat the following weekend, 20th March.

They play their last practice match on the 27th March, at Burbank Oval, the day after Collingwood's first round belting of Bitchmond.
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked