This Summer

For discussion regarding Nick's Collingwood Page

Moderators: Joel, DaVe86, bbmods

foxychick

This Summer

Post by foxychick »

Sorry I've been very busy at uni this semester I was doing 7 subjects plus working a lot. This summer i've decided to have a close look at some of the new draftee's and write a report. In addition, i'll be doing some training reports and trying to find a webspace to upload some video and pictures of the training sessions if that's okay.
Joel

Post by Joel »

That'd be fantastic! We can probably link to the video if you find a site that will host it. Pictures and reports are excellent. It'd be great if you could do that.
foxychick

Post by foxychick »

Yeah i think I found some sights that will host it, it's just the linking that I may need help with because I haven't done it before.
Joel

Post by Joel »

That's all good. If you can get it uploaded somewhere, we can do the linking for you.
MagpieMad

Post by MagpieMad »

can we put video on the BB as an attachment?
Pain heals, Chicks dig scars, Glory..... lasts forever!
foxychick

Post by foxychick »

I know I can also make the file adjustable for broadband and dial up inregards to size of the file So I may make that option available too!
foxychick

Post by foxychick »

I think its only pics u can do as an attachment.
MagpieMad

Post by MagpieMad »

I've never tried it before, I'll look into it, I think the gallery is setup to take video aswell.
I'll get back to you ;)
and thanks :)

Steve.
Pain heals, Chicks dig scars, Glory..... lasts forever!
foxychick

Post by foxychick »

I think thre are download limits to how big the file attachment can be so I don't think u can do video if its over a certain amount of KB!
Joel

Post by Joel »

I was thinking it would put a strain on bandwith if alot of poeple viewed it Steve. Still, it'd be nice to host it on here.
DaVe86

Post by DaVe86 »

true, video is a killer on bandwidth...but if you linked it to an external site it should ease the load a bit.

That would be absolutely fantastic to have video of collingwood training over off-season. It something that would be pretty rare on collingwood sites.
There's more to life than footy.........just not much more.
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

I took a bit of video from a session two weeks ago at training on my phone. Pretty short, and the quallity isn't the best (not awful). I'm unable to upload them ATM, as our internet is as slow as a wet week.
foxychick

Post by foxychick »

I'll be taking some video then using a program to convert it into a wmv so that it's less MB and u are able to change the quality of the video so that it isn't too much strain on the bandwith. I was thinking about 4MB maximum for the video.
Joel

Post by Joel »

That size probably wouldn't be too bad, Steve will have to let you know thought I suppose.