#18 Darren Jolly

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

wo5

#18 Darren Jolly

Post by wo5 »

http://realfooty.com.au/news/news/swan- ... id=rss_top

SYDNEY ruckman Darren Jolly may play his last game for the Swans this weekend, with the lure of a return to Victoria said to be tempting him away from the SCG.

The 25-year-old, who will split Sydney's centre-square responsibilities with Peter Everitt in Saturday night's elimination final against Collingwood, is out of contract at the end of the season and is understood to be contemplating a return to Melbourne to resettle his wife and infant daughter closer to family.
It is understood that as many as six clubs have expressed interest in acquiring Jolly. The Western Bulldogs, Carlton, St Kilda, Melbourne, Richmond and Collingwood are all in the market for ruckmen in a year that isn't offering many opportunities to recruit one through the draft
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

We need to try Really Hard to Get Him
I am Da Man
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Not the best option going around but surely a better one than either Bryan or Richards
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
ktszyu1

Post by ktszyu1 »

I'm not sure I would want to see an early draft pick traded for him. With the lack of depth in this years draft, we can't afford to blow our first couple of picks on him. We really need those inside mids, and a young ruckman. But I would love to have Jolly, so I'm not sure what to offer.
"We're goin places."
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

I think we can Trade Brodie Holland and Cook Maybe?
I am Da Man
Piethagoras' Theorem

I reckon Cook will be a solid player for us Dave, I wouldn't trade him.

Let's dick em like they did with us on Davis.

Obviously they'll be after another ruckman. We could trade either of Richards or Bryan + a late draft pick

Or, give them both without the draft pick. Not a lot to lose if you ask me
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

Anybody remember what the Swans gave up to get him in the first place? It wasn't a very high pick from memory.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
tommo

Post by tommo »

frankiboy wrote:I reckon Cook will be a solid player for us Dave, I wouldn't trade him.

Obviously they'll be after another ruckman. We could trade either of Richards or Bryan + a late draft pick

Can't see us getting rid of both ruckman. We only have 3 on our list, getting rid of 2 of them would be a horrible move!
Black and White - Through and Through - Side by Side - Us against Them
Streak

Post by Streak »

frankiboy wrote:Let's dick em like they did with us on Davis.
Not possible, with 6 clubs after his signature. Davis held us to ransom and demanded a trade to one, specific club. Different scenario. If we don't offer what Sydney want, they will deal with another club.
BJ

Post by BJ »

stui magpie wrote:Anybody remember what the Swans gave up to get him in the first place? It wasn't a very high pick from memory.
Pick 19 I think
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

Dave The Man wrote:I think we can Trade Brodie Holland and Cook Maybe?
No offence to either but I don't think the Swans would be interested, they would be looking for someone to possibly replace Jolly plus a pick in the draft. Neither Cook or Holland are a ruckman so they wouldn't be wanted unless the Swans wanted them plus a pick,
sq3

Post by sq3 »

If (that's a big if) we trade with the Swans they would be looking for a taller forward type - as Hall and O'Loughlin are on their last legs and a replacement would be handy.

We do have a lot but all too valuable so I think we trade somewhere else, draft picks only or multiple club trade.
Piethagoras' Theorem

Streak wrote:
frankiboy wrote:Let's dick em like they did with us on Davis.
Not possible, with 6 clubs after his signature. Davis held us to ransom and demanded a trade to one, specific club. Different scenario. If we don't offer what Sydney want, they will deal with another club.
Not entirely impossible Streak. If we were able to entice Jolly with a sweet offer he could then prompt his club to do a trade or risk losing him for nothing. It's a longshot, but not out of the question.
That is basically the scenario we were left with Davis, no choice but to accept their offer of I think it was pick 23.
Piethagoras' Theorem

tommo wrote:
frankiboy wrote:I reckon Cook will be a solid player for us Dave, I wouldn't trade him.

Can't see us getting rid of both ruckman. We only have 3 on our list, getting rid of 2 of them would be a horrible move!
Yeh, you're probably right, I'd much prefer to go with the 1st option of Richards or Bryan + a late draft pick
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

The Prototype wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:I think we can Trade Brodie Holland and Cook Maybe?
No offence to either but I don't think the Swans would be interested, they would be looking for someone to possibly replace Jolly plus a pick in the draft. Neither Cook or Holland are a ruckman so they wouldn't be wanted unless the Swans wanted them plus a pick,
In that case they can have Bryan and our 2nd Round Pick
I am Da Man