Mods.....see VPT re: Saintsational thread.

Suggestions, praise, feedback. Need to communicate with the moderators? This is the place. If you need to communicate privately with the moderators, send email to lesbastardssinistres(at)magpies.net

Moderator: bbmods

Should the Saintsational thread remain in GD

Poll ended at Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:48 am

Yes
59%
No
41%

Total votes: 27

VictoryPark

Mods.....see VPT re: Saintsational thread.

Post by VictoryPark »

And please give us forumites and valid reason for the removal of the Saintsational thread to the VPT forum.
"If they are to trying to get revenge they will lose" - MM classic one liner in the lead up to the Port game.
MOTR

Post by MOTR »

I'm not sure if the Saintsational thread belongs in the Tavern, but this thread surely belongs in the General Feedback forum. :wink:
Be Staunch, Be Proud, Be Collingwood
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

I am quite happy for the Saintsational thread to either be closed, or stay where it is. I am sure there would be some rule about not wanting to start a forum war somewhere around here, or at least I remember some mods not wanting to get into a slanging match with forums.

It was either this forum, or another, I seem to remember some posters being warned against trolling ThePowerFromPort in 2003..
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Since you've raised the topic, here's what I posted on this particular issue in the banished thread:
Pies4shaw wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:The mods team (at least) are sick and tired of seeing this reference to an opposition web site constantly on the front of our main page.

We bet the sainters chuckle whenever they see what appears to be a Magpies fans' obsession with their sordid little goings on.

With that in mind, we are moving this thread to where it belongs - the VPT. General Discussion should always concern itself with matters Magpie.
Is that accurate, WPW? I thought the "General Discussion" forum was for footy topics, not just Collingwood topics. Applying your logic means that Donny's fabulous weekly "other games" thread shouldn't be in "General Discussion" and that when the finals come around we have to talk about Geelong v Hawthorn in VPT or (perhaps) the "Sports Bar"?

Shouldn't this be back on the main footy page, perhaps with a new title, maybe "Ross Lyon's folly", since it is mostly about the rise of Luke Ball and the downfall of the 'Aints? There are some posts which stray from the footy issue - but that's the nature of these sorts of forums.

Judging by the number of posts, it's been just about the most-frequented thread on Nick's since Taz went to Freo.

Perhaps most importantly, does this mean that the "Today we can officially start laughing at ****ton again" thread and like threads can't be in "General Discussion"? Isn't the essence of being a Collingwood supporter wanting Collingwood to win, first, the Blooz to lose, second, and the 'Aints never to win anything, third? These are important matters and require careful consideration.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

I thought as much, P4s. Being about an opposition forum the decision may have come under the banner of 'extraordinary circumstances'.
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

Se ya later Victory Park. Nice knowing you while you were on Nick's. :lol:

Post by 3.14159 »

Give us a good reason not to dump the Saints in the bin?
VictoryPark

Post by VictoryPark »

jack_spain wrote:Se ya later Victory Park. Nice knowing you while you were on Nick's. :lol:
And don't let the door hit me on the way out ???? :wink: :lol: :wink:

If the thread is left where it is so be it.

Hopefully soon I will have a flag to celebrate and at the other end of the scale have a quiet ale for another failed aints season.

:twisted:
"If they are to trying to get revenge they will lose" - MM classic one liner in the lead up to the Port game.
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

I vote we move the Mick Malhouse thread and any subsequent threads on the same rubbish topic to the bored board. :P
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

stui magpie wrote:I vote we move the Mick Malhouse thread and any subsequent threads on the same rubbish topic to the bored board. :P
I'll second that. In fact why don't we move Mick Malthouse to the VPT himself! :P
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

I ONLY read Saintsational when the bastards lose, i enjoy their unmitigated purgatory and woe is me posts, if that makes me a cruel bastard, then yes, I plead guilty of that. But i enjoy it just the same. ! LOL
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.