[Collingwood Womens Team] Darcy Guttridge Break Collar Bone

The home for conversation about our AFLW team - the best women's team in the world!

Moderator: bbmods

Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

[Collingwood Womens Team] Darcy Guttridge Break Collar Bone

Post by Dave The Man »

I am Da Man
BazBoy
Been liked: 30 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

When was this exactly?
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

As more and more collision type injuries, particularly concussions, occur in women's football, I suspect there will be a few people begin to question the merits of promoting footy to young girls, when there are already well established team sports with high female participation rates, such as netball, basketball, hockey and soccer, which are far less brutal. I realise that there are some females who are strong enough to cope with gladiator type sports, but for the most part, females are not as strong as men, so are likely to be more prone to injury from participation in such sports.

I dislike women's football for this reason, just as I dislike women's boxing. I've got no problem with girls or women doing boxing or playing footy, if they want to, but I have no interest at all in watching them doing it.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

RudeBoy wrote:As more and more collision type injuries, particularly concussions, occur in women's football, I suspect there will be a few people begin to question the merits of promoting footy to young girls, when there are already well established team sports with high female participation rates, such as netball, basketball, hockey and soccer, which are far less brutal. I realise that there are some females who are strong enough to cope with gladiator type sports, but for the most part, females are not as strong as men, so are likely to be more prone to injury from participation in such sports.

I dislike women's football for this reason, just as I dislike women's boxing. I've got no problem with girls or women doing boxing or playing footy, if they want to, but I have no interest at all in watching them doing it.
I have no Problem with Women Boxing and Football but you can't Expect it to be the Same as Men.

Don't like it then don't watch but you should not just Bag it JUST because they are Women Playing It
I am Da Man
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

Dave The Man wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:As more and more collision type injuries, particularly concussions, occur in women's football, I suspect there will be a few people begin to question the merits of promoting footy to young girls, when there are already well established team sports with high female participation rates, such as netball, basketball, hockey and soccer, which are far less brutal. I realise that there are some females who are strong enough to cope with gladiator type sports, but for the most part, females are not as strong as men, so are likely to be more prone to injury from participation in such sports.

I have no Problem with Women Boxing and Football but you can't Expect it to be the Same as Men.

Don't like it then don't watch but you should not just Bag it JUST because they are Women Playing It
Read what I said Dave. I said "I've got no problem with girls or women doing boxing or playing footy, if they want to, but I have no interest at all in watching them doing it." I'm simply explaining why I don't like watching it.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Skids »

Come on you muppets.

This crap comp does NOT belong in the GD forum ffs!
Don't count the days, make the days count.
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

RudeBoy wrote:As more and more collision type injuries, particularly concussions, occur in women's football, I suspect there will be a few people begin to question the merits of promoting footy to young girls, when there are already well established team sports with high female participation rates, such as netball, basketball, hockey and soccer, which are far less brutal.
I assume from this you have never watched a game of netball?
I have seen plenty of injuries caused by collisions, the difference being that you are unlikely to break a collarbone in netball. Youngest sister was knocked out in a head clash in the goal circle and she has had operations on knees and ankles.

I have know girls who have given up netball to play footy as they find it more fun and less bitchy.

Anyway, bad luck for Darcy.
I was at the game on Friday but left at 3 qtr time so didn't see the injury.
Skills have improved from last year but still a way to go.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
BazBoy
Been liked: 30 times

Post by BazBoy »

Am I correct in that last year AWFL was free entry?????

This year and following years need to increase in quality if people are paying to watch it
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

think positive

Post by think positive »

think positive

Post by think positive »

Dark Beanie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:As more and more collision type injuries, particularly concussions, occur in women's football, I suspect there will be a few people begin to question the merits of promoting footy to young girls, when there are already well established team sports with high female participation rates, such as netball, basketball, hockey and soccer, which are far less brutal.
I assume from this you have never watched a game of netball?
I have seen plenty of injuries caused by collisions, the difference being that you are unlikely to break a collarbone in netball. Youngest sister was knocked out in a head clash in the goal circle and she has had operations on knees and ankles.

I have know girls who have given up netball to play footy as they find it more fun and less bitchy.

Anyway, bad luck for Darcy.
I was at the game on Friday but left at 3 qtr time so didn't see the injury.
Skills have improved from last year but still a way to go.
yeah nah, not often have i seen players deliberately try and take another out on the court, certainly plenty of collision injuries but because of the way its played (even though there is contact its not really allowed so players pull back, they dont in footy, and the no stepping rule means your not all running along together).
most of the knees in ankles in netball are caused by the no step rule, slamming to a stop and twisting, which is where the term netball knees comes from. ive got badly torn Meniscus in both from the slam/stop/twist of netball.
I cracked my collarbone playing basketball when a girls elbow came down on me, hurt like the bejesus!
ill go along with the less bitchy comment though! some of which comes from the no contact rule! you get away with what you can!![/b]