Another young woman assaulted and killed.

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Another young woman assaulted and killed.

Post by stui magpie »

For those who haven't seen it...
A brutal, opportunist killer is on the loose in Melbourne, with police desperately appealing to the community for information as they investigate the murder of 21-year-old Israeli student Aiia Maasarwe.

A distinctive black cap with the number "1986" and a two-tone grey Cotton On T-shirt dumped after the attack and found by police less than 100 metres from Ms Maasarwe's body now hold the key to catching the killer.

Police sources described the brutal murder to a Bundoora shopping centre early on Wednesday as "horrendous as you could get".

Police believe the killer, who took several items from her handbag, may have been left bloodied after the assault.
https://www.theage.com.au/national/vict ... 50ryo.html

I find this one harder to digest as I'm very familiar with the location. It's the old larundal lunatic asylum site that's been developed and I go there most saturdays to visit Dan Murphy's, woolies and the smoke shop.

Apart from those shops, it's a small hub of shops, mainly restaurants plus a chemist and doctors, with high density townhouses immediately around and a larger housing estate behind.

It's well lit and quite busy, High Asian population with amenities to cater to them and generally an area you feel safe in, even though it's had some issues last year with the Dan Murphy's and woolies complex being ram raided to steal booze and attempts to steal ATM's.

If you were writing a list of what you wanted your 21yr old daughter to do, she ticked all the boxes.

Got the tram home, stayed in the lit areas, was face timing her sister while walking to her home,.....and some fkn arsewipe still got her. :evil: :(

Getting in before the inevitable, I refuse to be lumped into the same category as this cnut and lectured to on account of my gender. This cnut is an abberation and abomination and is no more reflective of men in general than the woman who allegedly fed her baby bleach is reflective of all women.

I saw on the news, same age young female uni students who live in the complex saying that they either won't walk around at night or make sure they go in pairs. On one hand that makes me sad because they shouldn't have to do that, they should be able to walk around there.
On the other hand I have to admire their common sense approach in acknowledging the elephant in the room - bad people exist and taking precautions is sensible.

Holding protests, lecturing all men that they need to change and trying to assert the right to walk wherever and whenever you want all ignore that fundamental truth. Bad people exist, they will try to do bad things given opportunity, the best protection is to try to deprive them of opportunity.

I'm sincerely sorry for this poor girl and her family and hope this walking excrement is caught and punished to the maximum extent allowable.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Agree, I'm not surprised that you're familiar with it, my kids also went there a few times. It was a fairly popular joint to examine.

http://www.thebohemianblog.com/2013/02/ ... sylum.html

Some of the old buildings have been refurbished as units, farked if I'd live in them.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Skids »

Scum of the earth, death penalty please.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I just finished watching an argument about the death penalty between Sam Dastyari and Jacqui Lambie on that drop an alleged celeb in the jungle show, not again.

The cops are playing their cards close to their chest on this one.

The girl was on facetime to her sister when the phone was dropped suddenly and strange voices, plural, heard.

The cops won't say if a weapon was used but they've been line searching the bushland across Plenty road. They're looking for something. i just hope they find what they need and that the person/people who did this aren't already flying home on a cousins passport
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Culprit »

The death penalty does not prevent these type of crimes. It does however cones back to retribution that we will all feel good that the fckr that did it, dies. I prefer them to be jailed for life with no parole and never to be released. Also they have to be in the normal prison population. That's what you call a penalty and they would die a slow death. That's real retribution.

https://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/lif ... 50rz7.html

And as a Male it's my fault apparently and now I have to choose a side.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

That's the kind of garbage that infuriates me.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

OK Let's talk about you.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-17/ ... m/10723908

If the likes of Ms. Ford and her fellow feminist journalists had their way then this innocent man would still be rotting in prison because you know women must always be believed before any nasty rotten male.

This is a clear example of why lawyers acting for an accused person should always have the right to vigorous cross examination of an alleged victim and be able to test the veracity of claims presented as evidence by the accuser, police and prosecution.

The simple reality is that in 2018 approximately 69 women were said to have been murdered in Australia at the hands of a man.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/the-red- ... 562981722/

While one murder is one to many there are approximately 12.2 million males of all ages in this country.

http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/abs@.nsf/mf/3235.0

So basically one in every 176,000 of us males are shown to be capable of murdering a woman.

So Ms. Ford even allowing for lesser violent crimes committed against women to be added to the equation it would appear that the overwhelming majority of men have already chosen a side and that's one that doesn't abuse women.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

David, a lengthy but excellent write up. I agree.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I get you. 46 women killed by domestic violence means a significantly higher number abused to some extent.

The purpose of the group and their stats isn't to prove any point other than violence, in general, is way too high and while men may be the majority victims, they are also significantly the majority perpetrators.