To the Zillennials: A Warning

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

To the Zillennials: A Warning

Post by Cam »

You've had it good for 20 years, maybe 24, but after many false dawns it appears that it may just be happening for real again. The rise of the Navy Blue scum.

For years you have disregarded this lot, laughed at their "Look what we're cooking!"--when it turned out to be brown and on the nose, mocked them when our beloved Malthouse left 'his boys' and took them further down the tube. You've giggled when SOS picked dud after GWS dud, when Casboult couldn't kick straight, when Murphy sheepdogged around the packs and when they shipped out their whole forward line for zero return. Pointed out the light blue M&M jersey, shook your head at their repetition of the same mistakes bordering on insanity, shrugged at us winning all those Pratt cups.

To you they are a curiosity, with a logo on their chest that harks back to the 20th century. And a song you have barely heard. More on that later. You have cast puzzled looks at old timers with their seared-in-distate from them in spite of their continual failure. To you, Ca [whoops, nearly said it out loud], 'they' are just a club, someone making up the numbers.

Well, the charade is nearly over. Their irrational, disengaged supporters are about to show their real colours.

Make no mistake these #%@&s make, quote, 'Hawthorn supporters look humble". These #@%$!s snipe, gloat like no other [surpassing even the Bumbers and unwashed Tiger horde, and just keep coming and referring to past hurts. They will be like tyrants returned from exile who are suddenly gifted power, executing all those with their smartarse barbs and born to rule mentality.

The only humility they have is that they have the equal most number of flags. You think Covid-19 is bad, wait til this navy blue disease pandemics around us. They are a human sh!tshow that thrives on making us feel worthless and beneath them. They have just been biding their time. For a generation. You may not wish injuries upon any other club, or any person but you will secretly snigger when it happens to these #$&*s.

The old know all this. We carry the scars. We still know that monsters and kryptonite exist. Like any fear, it never quite goes away, and when that #$%#%ng song starts up "Da da da, da da..." it all comes back. #$%#$ @@##$ %$^$%^$

You will feel pain, you will not want to know these 'friends' of yours that support them. AND YOU WILL LEARN TO HATE!
Last edited by Cam on Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Get back on top.
Mossi
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Mossi »

:D Poetry!
Unfortunately this time it's for real they are back, and we will learn to hate again. But first we must get ahead of that head-to-head ledger!!!
glasseyevfx

Post by glasseyevfx »

I've been looking forward to the blues coming back into form - I'd love to see a collingwood carlton grand final. Bring it on I say. There's no rivalry like an old rivalry
We shall set our course by the stars and not ships that pass in the night
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ That's a joke, right? I've been looking forward to them being deregistered.
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Just want to get ahead of them in the head to head count
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Brilliant Cam, sad, true and brilliant.
Well done son.

And mods can we issue a card, a warning to the poster who wants a carrrrrrrlton v Collingwood Granny?
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

Sad but true. They are on the rise.

As a veteran of the 70, 79 and 81 Grand Finals I still bear the scars.

Knocking out the scum in the first semi in 1978, 1980 and 1984 was small consolation for those losses.

We are 1 behind in the head to head count, so hopefully will can level the ledger this year.

Not expecting them to make finals this year, but from 2021 they are a threat.

My biggest fear is that like Richmond, once they eventually get their act together, they win the GF’s they get into.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

I reckon the jury is out on the Bluescum, sure they beat the dogs and Dons, badly, but, hey, they did that last season too, beat em both then, badly, and they did lose some close games last season too, like the Port one. They did lose to the Saints, they got shit lucky down at the Cattery, the Cats took it easy, got miles behind, then came roaring back, to just fall short. Im yet to be convinced, Casboult is no star, Murphy still a peaheart, and Kruzer is no kid, or is eddie betts. Lets see how they go against the Tigers, Pies, Eagles, Giants, etc before i say they have improved vastly, im yet to be convinced of it.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

I reckon Carlscum will really struggle towards the end of the season and definitely miss out on the finals. Not good enough at present to play finals until about 2024. By that stage, the AFL’s darlings like GCS and GWS will be dominating so the scum won’t stand a chance of winning another flag for many years to come. Mark this post for future reference about how accurate it was.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Magpiefan3

Post by Magpiefan3 »

Johnno75 wrote:Just want to get ahead of them in the head to head count
What is the overall head to head count between Carlton and Collingwood?
2016 Player Sponsor for Travis Varcoe

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
Jezza
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Magpiefan3 wrote:What is the overall head to head count between Carlton and Collingwood?
Played: 257

Won: 126
Draw: 4
Lost: 127

Need 2 more wins to surpass them.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Sicks Bux

Post by Sicks Bux »

^Hopefully we do so by beating them in the H&A and then ending their season in the finals.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Sicks Bux wrote:^Hopefully we do so by beating them in the H&A and then ending their season in the finals.

The Bluebellies wont make the finals, not good enough yet.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

They and hawthorn would have been miles behing except for the rigging of zones by Ken Puke. Then comes along another cheat in John Smellofshit.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
Sicks Bux

Post by Sicks Bux »

Piesnchess wrote:
Sicks Bux wrote:^Hopefully we do so by beating them in the H&A and then ending their season in the finals.

The Bluebellies wont make the finals, not good enough yet.
They're only one win out of the eight and just lost to the top team with a kick after the siren. They're a chance.