Game On!. Magpies v. Tigers. Updates, all comments.

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Donny
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Game On!. Magpies v. Tigers. Updates, all comments.

Post by Donny »

Collingwood v. Richmond

MCG. 1.45

B Isaac Quaynor Darcy Moore Scott Pendlebury
HB Brayden Maynard Jeremy Howe John Noble
C Steele Sidebottom Taylor Adams Josh Daicos
HF Will Hoskin-Elliott Jack Ginnivan Brody Mihocek
F Patrick Lipinski Jordan De Goey Oliver Henry

R Darcy Cameron Tyler Brown Jack Crisp

INT Aiden Begg Nick Daicos Beau McCreery Trent Bianco

EMERG Jack Madgen Caleb Poulter Mason Cox Callum Brown

IN: Oliver Henry, Trent Bianco

OUT: Callum L. Brown (Omitted), Jack Madgen (Omitted), Reef McInnes (Medi-Sub)

Let's hear ya !!
Last edited by Donny on Sat May 07, 2022 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

We will rue dropping Madgen me fears!
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 152 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Would really like to see Aiden Begg use his athleticism as a lead out forward today, and that means arms outstretched onto forward f50 entries.
The thing that often panics both old and young backmen alike is when players get a run at the ball, resulting in them coming late to the contest and then the chopping the arms.
Mobile big-men in the forward line give opposition coaches headaches.

We saw it numerous times with Cox, but through a combination of him not leading to the ball often enough, not having players skilled enough by foot to bring him onto a lead, and even when he did, not getting multiple free kicks awarded during his time in the Sun.
His career effectively stalled as a result from the end of the 2019 season.

So, my smokey over the coming games will be Begg, if given space to get on the end of a few leads, to give us a valuable tall forward option / foil we need, until Kreuger returns.

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/ ... 1598f5f627

Really looking forward to this today, while not the Tigers of 2017-2020, it's a timely test against a disciplined side, still replete with enough A grade match-day class to wind back the clock.
Still, we have the new game style, that'll cause some adjustment by the Richmond brains trust.

I still think Madgen will be a late in, for one of the flu / gastro impacted players to make way.

Pies by a kick.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Looking forward to Tyler Brown's new role and greater responsibility.
Hope he goes well today. Lipinski's role changes as a result but not sure to what.

We certainly have a small forward line today but with the new style of play all are goal kickers.
Maybe we will see them run rings around the Richmond defence.

I do feel though, we are lacking one big man.
Last edited by Take_a_Screamer on Sat May 07, 2022 10:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:We will rue dropping Madgen me fears!
Yes I agree, bad move. His value is just about always underrated. However let’s see how his replacement goes in what will be an extremely busy backline. In all honesty I cannot see Collingwood beating this mob, irrespective of the player changes. If we can lose by a margin of 20 or less, it will be a monumental result. Realistically I cannot see us winning. If ever I want to be totally wrong, this is it.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Cox should have played, good VFL form, we may rue that one too, if its close and we lose in the ruck, just hope Begg can hold his own, be a good test for him. Tigers still a big benchmark, not as good, but still a dominant unit at times, that Balta concerns me. We will have a red hot go, no doubt, and we may even win, though im not confident. Tigers have Sir Dusty back on deck, and will be on a real high, the Punt rd drums an ferals will go ballistic. Tigers by nine points, after a big struggle, close game. Go Woods !
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Woods

Post by Woods »

Jack’s gonna piss off Dusty.
Dusty’s gonna ragdoll Jack.
Jack’s gonna give some back.
Pies’ players gonna back up Jack.
Melee’s gonna build up quick.
Pies win; Tay gets a week.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Piesnchess wrote:Cox should have played, good VFL form, we may rue that one too
Cox has played 2 AFL games this season and managed no goals in either game, had 7 clangers from a total of 13 disposals, scored just 2 behinds and had a total of 11 hitouts. He is like the black hole of Collingwood rucking.
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

I think we’ll see a far more harmonious back six this week. Madgen always seems to be front and centre when it comes to opposition joe the goose goals or unmarked players taking marks near their goal square. I for one am very happy he’s out as I am happy that Prestia and Vlaustone are out for Richmond. Maynard will take care of Martin as he usually does only this time Dusty is 2 months underdone and Bruz is just coming good. Our midfield has to win if we are to win today, which I think we will by a comfortable 5 goals or more.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 152 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Pies4shaw wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:Cox should have played, good VFL form, we may rue that one too
Cox has played 2 AFL games this season and managed no goals in either game, had 7 clangers from a total of 13 disposals, scored just 2 behinds and had a total of 11 hitouts. He is like the black hole of Collingwood rucking.
Yep, if we ever hear USA! USA! again it means Cameron has gone down with an injury.
The Mason Cox experiment (a good name for a band) finished at the end of the 2019 season. Let's appreciate him for what he did in the 2018 Prelim, one of the best moments of supporting the Pies over the journey, but it's time to move on.
Will be a good player to have in our VFL side, but it should go no further than that.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Jezza
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

LaurieHolden wrote:Yep, if we ever hear USA! USA! again it means Cameron has gone down with an injury.
The Mason Cox experiment (a good name for a band) finished at the end of the 2019 season. Let's appreciate him for what he did in the 2018 Prelim, one of the best moments of supporting the Pies over the journey, but it's time to move on.
Will be a good player to have in our VFL side, but it should go no further than that.
Exactly right.

Have to move on from Cox. He's only there if we've exhausted all other options first.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Piesnchess wrote:Cox should have played, good VFL form, we may rue that one too, if its close and we lose in the ruck, just hope Begg can hold his own, be a good test for him. Tigers still a big benchmark, not as good, but still a dominant unit at times, that Balta concerns me. We will have a red hot go, no doubt, and we may even win, though im not confident. Tigers have Sir Dusty back on deck, and will be on a real high, the Punt rd drums an ferals will go ballistic. Tigers by nine points, after a big struggle, close game. Go Woods !
Cold, wet and slippery. Not good for player who can't take a mark when it's hot and dry
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

well hopefully we give a good read hot go. i dont get the magden call unless hes crook

still have manflu myself so im not going, drat it! yell for me guys,
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Born to Pie
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Born to Pie »

Apparently Madgen is the sub
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away
robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

FINAL TEAMS | No late changes.

Sydney Stack & Jack Madgen the subs.