I don't care if Carlton wins the flag in 2028

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Harrysz
Been liked: 4 times

I don't care if Carlton wins the flag in 2028

Post by Harrysz »

Well I do care. I hope that Carlton doesn't win a flag for another 100 years! But in 2028 it will be 33 years since Carlton won a flag. Collingwood's flag drought lasted for 32 years, from 1958 until 1990. During that time, our Grand Final scorecard was 6 losses and a draw. This was heart breaking. No one taunted us more than Carlton supporters. That was 32 years of disappointment and misery. That's one record of ours which I hope Carlton breaks.
SLORT
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 64 times

Re: I don't care if Carlton wins the flag in 2028

Post by SLORT »

Clickbait. TBH I just hope they never win another flag against us. So much trauma...
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Interesting when you compare the 2 in the 32 year period we made 8 grand finals and only won 1 wooden spoon. They have so far made only 1 GF and won 5 spoons. Really this century they haven’t looked like getting near it, even last year were rather lucky to get to a PF.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

May the Bluescum never win a flag for all eternity, for all time too come, serve em right too.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

They'll never win a flag while Voss to Toss is coach.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

shawthing wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 10:47 pm They'll never win a flag while Voss to Toss is coach.

Didnt they say that bout Ratten, Bolton and Teague ?? :P :P
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.