Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Match report pies v pussycats..wizzy semi final

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed from WA Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 8:00 pm
Post subject: Match report pies v pussycats..wizzy semi finalReply with quote

Well modern technology has taken giant leaps over the years,man walked on the moon decades ago.the computer age continues to amaze,medical breakthroughs have cured many diseases.
BUT WE STILL CANT GET THE BASTARDS AT 9 AND 10 TO SHOW LIVE FOOTY.
better late than never you say?bullshit.
so 4 hrs after you all saw it i get to see it on tv.
josh starts in the ruck and is beaten soundly,but he is having a dip and 2nd efforts are encouraging.
game opens at a frantic pace,hard tackling,cats look sharper than us and after 5 minutes the ump gives them a free in front and they goal.
josh gets it at 80 and sends a long bomb fwd which clears the pack and rolls thru for a 9er,but orange mug says 6. someone must have tugged his collar and showed him the replay and he changes his mind to a 9er.
then mooney gets a free with the man on the mark 45 out and he goals and is given 9.
this rule is ridiculous,because the 3 blind mice are too dumb to know what 50 is.
mooney then snaps a goal a minute later and wakes falls on his ankle as he kicks it and thats good night for mooney.
josh wins the bounce and bucks sends a long kick to molly who takes a strong grab,leon crumbs and goals but ump says
molly has to kick it and he mucks it up.
cats then get a couple of goals,we go fwd and williams slips over and is pinged and cats goal again.
11-35 cats way at qtr time
our entries to the fwd line have been erratic and haphazard.
2nd qtr begins with cats winning ruck again and they score an early point.
williams gets a free for in the back,which is about time as we are getting a bad run from the umps,but williams kick is a shocker,somehow bucks crumbs and kicks a long goal for 9 points.
as was the case last week we are defending after most ruck taps but the back line are holding firm good work by leon gets it fwd to bucks who kicks a goal from 55 but the man on the mark was at 49 so it was only 6.
bloody silly rule it is...gee i hope MM was only joking about it being a good rule.Ant wins a rare ruck tap and we go fwd until didak attempts mark of the century and gives away a free but some clever hands by molly set tarks up to pass to taz who goals.
Clokey marks at half back plays on and passes to bucks,ben graham cleans him up after the kick so downfield bucks kicks 9 more.
cats take a couple of marks culminating in a set shot from 15 out and they fluff it.
from the rebound daks gets it at half back,has 4 bounces and steadies at 51 and kicks 9 more.
josh is rucking against street now but its not helping josh.
his work around the game was very good tonight but not his ruckwork im afraid.
tarks finishes the half with a snap point.
terrific team footy by the pies and we lead 51-38 at half time.
fwd line is not working well,but we seem to have a plan to make the most of the silly 9 rule and are by passing the fwds anyway.
back line of clement.wakelin,shaw and lokan has been solid.
3rd qtr
ant is in ruck and josh at CHF.
the next 5 minutes show me that josh can be what ive always hoped for a CHF.
3 strong grabs result in a goal and a point to josh and a pass to molly who misses an easy shot as well again.
but by now its all the pies,the cats are left lamenting as we back each other up at all times,and the backline continue to be superb.
cats go fwd and hit the post twice in 2 minutes,then lika on the run kicked it OOF and it reminded me of the lika of old,but it was just an abberation.
molly then gets hit high twice,is kicked in the head twice and eventually has 4 cats jump on him.
umpires ball it up...they are blind for sure..and stoopid.
lokan runs the ball from defence,long kick sees woey rove the pack and its 9 more to the pies.
joshes 2nd efforts are terrific,molly is a tower of strength and bucks goals again.
only a 6 this time. then a minute later off one step he tries for 9 again but gets only 1.
never mind as tarks snaps a goal when the cats muck up the rebound.
clokey is relentless in his efforts and is rewarded by passing to tarks who goals.
and woey ends the qtrs scoring with a goal from 49.
maybe they should award 7 points for those?
rupe has a shot from 110 out after the siren and gets zero.
93-41
pies have run the cats ragged.
Cats go fwd to start the final qtr but presti repels them,cats kick a goal but its not counted as burns gets a free,we go fwd and make a few mistakes,williams mucks it up and then lonies long shot goes OOF.
cats sense we are coasting and slam on 2 goals to wake us up again.clokey is going well passes to woey who hits a leading leon on the tit but he misses the set shot.
williams marks and takes half an hour to kick it to a pack and cats clear easily.
lonie tries to show off and is caught with his pants down.
the rock of gibraltar in the last qtr ids Ant.
i counted 7 marks by him at CHB in a bout 10 minutes ,repelling the cats at will.
leon is now leading well and marks a pass from woey and goals.
then the cats slam thru a 9er that is only paid a 6er.
bucks finishes the game off with acouple of 1 pointers.
final score pies 5.8.0.10=103
cats 1.8.0.9=66

After qtr time we were clearly the better team and won accordingly.
backline was terrific,fwd line lamentable.
it seems MM has planned to ignore normality in the wizzy cup and make most use of the silly 9 rule,but in doing so its playing a fwd structure out of form.
goals are to be kicked by the midfield,and they are doing it well.
lets hope we can go back to a better set up when the 9ers are not in play.
votes
3 bucks
2 clement
1 leon
other good players
wakes,shaw,woey(2nd half) Ant,tarks.
PeterWH Scorpio

www.peakhillfm.com.au

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:59 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though we ALL knew the score before Ch 10 showed it and then it was 15 minutes late starting,as Octopussy went longer than it should,the game was a great spectacle.
Only one critisism and that is that the guys started too slowly.The first 1/4 was non existant and it took a 'long bomb' from Bucks to get the ball rolling.These days footy goes for 4 quarters and not 3,but overall the game was excellent.I heard one of the commenatators state that at up to either 1/4 time or half way thru the 2nd quarter that the 'frees' were PIES 2 CATS 8,so it goes to show how one sided it was.until Bicks let the 55 meters goe through the sticks.

PeterWH
PIES FOR PREMIERS 2002.
We missed 2002 but theres always 2003
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 8:09 am

Second week in a row the opposition went the man instead of the ball and we lifted. I think we played pretty average myself. We can get better. We seem to do enough to win and that's it, a sign of a good team. I am not getting excited as we have not beaten anyone yet.

champagne leon 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 12:12 pm

I think the cats were a little too confident going into the quartertime break to worry about the Pies coming back at them.
A good workman like game for us though, which has to be promising at this stage of the year. We seem to be running over the top of teams at the end of games, so our limited preseason buil-up hasn't seem to affected us to much at all.

and just one little bitch.....watching the kangas V crows on fox saturday night waiting til the pies came on, it was nice of the knobheads to let us know that adelaide would be playing collingwood in the gf next week.
made the game for me a little less exciting knowing we had already won !
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:56 pm

Not much discussion this week. Makes you wonder.

Anyway, I've watched the game again and the second and third quarters were fantastic. If we happen to put four quarters together it will be a sight to behold.

Overall some on the team looked a little rusty. Lokan impressed me as did Shaw. Shaw was very good and provided some valuable run out of the backline. Buckley was awesome, its about time he started kicking some goals.

Licuria was a bit quiet but did okay for his first game back, Woey was great and kicked a couple. Overall a fantastic effort, especially after being behind by a few goals in the first quarter.

Next up, Adelaide.
nitric 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 11:40 pm

I got to watch it at a million o'clock after some VERY important crap. I thought the lads looked very, very good. High skill levels. High fitness levels and it's great to see Bux without 10 kg of duct tape around his shoulder. In fact, just about everyone was running free. I particularly want to see them smash Richmond after that miserable opening round last year. But hey. Lets smash some Crows first. Not that I can watch it at all. No telecast of anykind. No radio. Just Nick's Scoreboard. Its great in Canberra.

Pies to Rule!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: