Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

All Post Match Round 1 v Bitchmond here thanx!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 8:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

With kicks and tackles equal and with Richmond getting 15 more hitouts, 13 more handpasses and 13 more frees, how did we win and by 28 points?

Considering those stats, was it our running ? Bux, Woey, Lokan, Lones, Willo ... ?

Was it the 5 more marks ?

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
chalky 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:45 am

Watched it live and a few replays over the w-end before I decided to post. Richmond really tried to drag the game down to their level, which was successful for a half, we were getting scragged by opposition and umpires, stopping our free flowing game.
It was CLASS Magfan8, pure, utter CLASS that finally broke the shackles. The more I watched Bux control that game the more I marveled at skills and attitude. He brought others into the game through his sheer brilliance.
Woewodin profited on many occasions as did Williams. Both played very well indeed.
Let's face it, Richmond are a complete rabble and we should win these types of games. The scum will be no different to the richmond game. But with the inclusion of extra grunt the demolition will begin alot earlier. We can only get better and that is AWESOME. Cheers
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:29 pm

It was a scrappy affair in the first half and I agree with Chalky, Richmond brought us down to their level and we struggled to get our running game going. Fortunately our class did come to the fore in the second half and we showed glimpses of what we need to do more consistently. We still had trouble getting the ball out of the clinches but at least we did improve at stopping the opposition clearing it every time.

I thought most of the players put in at some stage - the standouts were definitely Bucks, Woey, Williams, Wakelin and McKee was great around the ground and really made an effort in the ruck and made a difference on a number of occasions. I thought others who deserve a mention for their efforts included Clemo, Lokan, McGough, O'Bree, Tarks and Johno. Dids could have been in the votes if he'd kicked straighter. Molly did some great stuff and his goals always seem to lift the team (and crowd!) but not his best game. And I agree that Leon needs to stop looking for a 'free' so often. Tarrant does some hard work off the ball but for a full-forward needs to be getting at least a couple of goals per game - although the umps rarely see how often he is scragged by his opponent.

Rupe, Lonie, Scoots and Shawry didn't get much game time but all would be unlucky to be dropped this coming week. I think Brodie's struggling at this level at the moment and I'm convinced Rocca must be carrying an injury - he's not his usual self at all.

Won't comment on the horrid, inconsistent umpiring!

2 - Buckley
1 - Woewodin
1 - Williams
1 - McKee
1 - Wakelin
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:52 pm

A great win by the Pies, considering how undermanned we were (missing 5 of probably our top 10).

Nath was, as usual, BRILLIANT! He was absolutely everywhere and his disposal was spot-on (well, except for one stuff up! Embarassed ) Woey and Williams showed that the recruitment staff really know their stuff! Benny and Jazza were great and Didak added his usual touches (shame about the goal-kicking though!) Dunno what's going on with Roc at the moment - he's not really getting much of the ball and when he does he's not very accurate.

As for Matty Richardson - he is LAUGHABLE! He is in their side to kick goals, he is paid big money to do so, and yet his kicking is woeful (but sure puts a smile on my face! Laughing )

Votes:
3 - Nath
2 - Woey
1 - Willo

mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 2:30 pm
Post subject: How good.Reply with quote

Cool Well said JLC. Williams was fantastic, as were woey & Lokan. Didak is some thing else. With 20% of our run on team out , I thought our effort was outstanding coming off, what some might say, was a lowly effort in the Wiz cup. The FILTH are next to feel the pain.
Lockyer24 Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 4:46 pm

Confidence boosting win; Bucks the standout with Willo and Woey also playing very well. I was also very pleased with the way Stunning played.
Loks #2 was solid and Walker will gain a lot out of his first game.
The umpires were utter crud, we got crucified on the 'mickey mouse' free kicks and I dont know what we have to do to get one in the forward 50. Twisted Evil

This weeks game against the Blues looks like its going to be as entertaining as the last encounter between the two sides. Very Happy
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 12:13 am

Richmond don't have a game plan thats half the problem. The small part that does resemble a game plan revolves around possession football but they are not skilled enough to do this. Kellaway and Gaspar are not the best kicks out of defence.

Their forward line is one dimensional without Ottens in there and they had no crumber for Richo. Played Rodan in back pocket. Rodan should be rotated through midfield and up forward.

Bowden and Tivendale are very soft players and don't play defensive football. My Richmond mate believes Bowden gets played out of position.

If i was a Richmond supporter the most worrying aspect would be where are they heading?? At least with Malthouse we could see the light at the end of the tunnell. Rodan and Coghlan are the only two bright sparks i see at the moment along with recruiting Johnson. Frawley has surrounded himself in failures like Brittain. Also who did Frawley do his apprentiship under ?? Tony Shaw. Coaches like Thompsen, Laidley all did their apprentiship under recognised coaches.

Rogers, Biddiscombe, Cameron ,King etc have to go. They are still paying out David Bourke for crying out loud. Any team that holds Richardson as their saviour is doomed for failure. Very rarely does a good team revolve around one player. They even paid Daffy out while in Sydney. They recruit Paul Hudson last year (i think it was)?? Surely they are not serious ?? Frawley went and recruited Sziller the other year.....lol lol Then this year they let Torney go who didnt miss a game for them last year. First game for Adelaide Torney is in their best players......lol

jlc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: