Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match v Felines...what ya reckon in here folks!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 12:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we've been improving every week - which is just as well considering we haven't been playing anywhere near our best yet. It was an arm wrestle for three quarters with both sides having chances to break away with the match but not taking them. The fourth quarter was definitely the type of footy we'd like to see every week and every quarter!

I think all the guys put in at some stage during the match. Tarrant was fantastic - his running and leading is amazing and his marking just keeps getting stronger. And although Rocca started slowly he went up at least 3 gears in the second half and final quarter! Clokey worked tirelessly across the whole ground and Burnsy was great particulary when he started getting the ball out of the middle later in the game. Centre clearances can make such a big difference in a match. Lica works so hard in the packs and Williams marking is excellent - they both got plenty of the ball. Clement has certainly kept his good form from last year going and has done a great job in the absence of Presti. And Jarrod's strength, second efforts and assists are invaluable.

As I said, I thought all the guys put in and worked hard during the game and although the result was fantastic, it had a dampener put on it because of the awful injury to Tarks.

2 - Tarrant
1 - Burns
1 - Cloke
1 - Licuria
1 - Clement
1 - Rocca

GO PIES!
Marg
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 12:45 pm

Never under estimate tha value of Burns. Bucks was tagged, O'Bree after performing one week was down the next (typical). Lica got a hard knock and we lost Locks. So we had Bucks, O'Bree & Lica on the bench. On the ball goes, Burns Freeza & Johno. Bang the ball comes out and down to our forwards fast. I would like to see the hardball gets as Burns just exploded with brute strength. 21 disposals the game and 17 of those were in the last half. Malthouse played it well resting some players and rotating the ruck on King. Once Bucks went off Ling was gone as he does not know what to do after that as his IQ is so low he can only cope with one strategy per game and that was Bucks.

Our side has become a strong side, Taz, Burns, Rocca, Molloy can take the hard knocks and keep going and dish them out. I could not see who Rocca cleaned up, but he will feeling that for a week and will hear footsteps the next time they face us.

The young cats could not cope with the strength of our boys in the end. With the poise of Clement in the back (yeah we got him for nothing). Wakelin doing his job as always (another for nothing) and oh yeah took his mark of the day as he does every match.

Throw in Young Cloke who you feel has been playing ten years he is so composed and we just rebound out of defence. Shaw screwed up and cost us a goal and hopefully he will learn from that.

Josh played ok and did some good things.
Stunning was good in parts.

Andrew Williams (I cannot beleive we gave them Adkins for this kid, did we have a gun to their heads?) is a Star and as we have not got #19 Graeme Wright anymore I feel Williams will take the #19 on the wing for many years to come. As for the last #19, Nick who? Woey is a tagged man and he seems to get two opponents per game, but they can't keep him out teh whole game and his brilliance is there and does damage.

Lokan impresses as he is always prepared to run out of defence.

Throw in Dids, Taz, Rocca & Leon it was a solid effort in the last half.

We have not beaten anyone yet this year so its a week at a time and see how we go. Genuine improvement is there though.

Real test this week and Rupert to come back in for Locks with hunger for being a week away from the footy as Williamstown had a bye.

Presti? Well the word I have he is not 100% and may miss again under the no risk policy of Malthouse.

Time to stand up and earn respect in Brisbane as everyone says we were lucky to make the GF and have all written us off for this year. 4 1/4's of solid football will win us the game this week. We have to keep the pressure on in the time on periods against Brisbane. As Laidley said last night we (as in roos) played well except for 7 seconds.

To the Northern Pies, be loud and be proud.
Black_White 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 12:52 pm

12 quarters of football and we finally put it all together.
After 3 rounds we are in the position that would have been expected pre-season. After all, Tiges, Spooners and young cats should always have been pencilled in wins.
The real test starts Thursday. To beat the bears on home soil will be the sweetest win of the year and will set us up for a 16 plus season win/loss ratio.
Still a little worried by our general skill level and low number of incursions into the 50. (we are ranked 16th for in 50) Any mistake thursday will be punished by the reigning premiers.
Tarks loss will be felt. Let's hope Presti is back to add some steel to the b/line.
All in all, a confidence boosting win to the team and we take our best form of the season to Brisbane.

-Craig

magpie willow 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 1:06 pm

The pies are back in town baby the undefeated champions indeed everyone watch out were the best side no ones better then us we will take that flag this year and all you flith that dont like it we dont care!!!!
GO YOU MIGHTY PIES KILL THE OTHER 15 SCUM ALL YEAR LONG!!!!

CARN THE PIES!!!!
Madpies_Fan Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 6:16 pm

I had such a great day.. I heard announced that GA was open in all lvls of olympic stand, so I took my seat next to the race, got me some autographs and sat back and enjoyed that fantastic win. Well done Taz you were sensational, gr8t stuff Pebbles, the team worked so well together.. A fantastic win over those pussies... Then I went and joined in the winners circle and that was awesome, so much fun... Poor Tarks, was praying it wasn't going to be the season. Hope your recovery is a smooth one... Good win boys!
BlacknWhite_SA 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 8:06 pm

Black_White wrote: "Still a little worried by our general skill level and low number of incursions into the 50. (we are ranked 16th for in 50)"

This just shows that we use the Ball better into the 50, and using our head instead of blasting it in and hoping. The score is on the board. The forward line is ranked 3rd going by points for. If in the Richmond game we kick more accurately in the first half. This would be 2nd or possibly 1st.

We we only improve from here guys Smile Life don't get much better when the Pies are winning

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 10:51 pm

that was an excellent last quarter!! how much did we cane em (last Q) was our best quarter this year BY FAR!!
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 2:09 am

rocca made the point on abc radio after the game that he felt the spark for the final Q onslaught came about from the rebounding defence of young matty lokan in the 3rd Q. sounds as if MM may have made a point of his efforts at 3Q time as an example to the boys. great to see a young kid try and take the game by the balls.
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 10:42 am

Great last quarter by the Pies. Tazza showed again that he is a classy forward - great work Chrissy! And Roc stepped up to the plate and provided some extra spark on the forward line too. And again I thought Jazza was fantastic!

So my votes:
3. Chris Tarrant
2. Anthony Rocca
1. Jarrod Molloy

AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:49 am

Great win by our boys.

I know it sounds like sour grapes, but I'm not meaning to be negative, totally agree with Alf the bloody umpires kept them in it absolutely. Had one bloody moron close to me using the old "Don't touch them" line. For goodness sake they were the ones getting goals from free kicks. Did anyone see that great tackle by Josh in the centre square, then he "apparently played on" and was tackled and lost possession. What about the mark that Woey took at the punt road end, one-on-one, not paid because he pushed his opponent in the back. Crap. Crap Crap.

Just under 50K to the game, strange I thought for our home game and a great day weather wise.

Anyway enough bitching. Bad luck to Tarks. Great last 1/4, Taz starred whatever he washed his hands with before the game he should keep for the rest of the year, contact cement maybe? Burnsy how good. Clement good, Williams again great game (could be the pick of the season). Bucks rested for next week maybe? The whole back line was great keeping them down to 10 goals for the game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: