Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

the one we were waiting for...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 1:00 am
Post subject: the one we were waiting for...Reply with quote

SUMMARY:
A much anticipated game with all the banter and hype between the 2 clubs during the week.A real armwrestle in the first qtr it seemed like a game of keepings off or basketball a lot of short passes and possesion style game.
The game got going in the second and third qtrs.It seemed to me a game of two halves i thought we had control of the first halve but missed vital shots on goal we could have had a four goal buffer but we didnt take our chances.
20 points at 3/4 time we needed to kick the first goal to be a chance we didnt brisbane did.I thought this could open the floodgates but we managed to fight out to a 14 point loss even though the late goals were in junk time.

MY VIEW:
-We were valliant but brisbane showed us when you have an opportunity to score against them you have to take them our mistakes kept them in the game.

-Brisbane seemed a bit more polished in the end with there clean disposal
and finishing but we were good early.

-Dermott brereton commented when we get ruck clearances we are as good as anyone going around how true

-Our running game stopped after half time when this happens we have trouble finding a target up foward.We looked like we were waiting for something to happen in the third

-Jonathan brown showed how important chf is and how important he is to brisbane.He provides a target he took ten marks but how many times did he provide a contest and they got numbers around him.Rocca was good for us early but faded

-not to many teams lose by 14 points in brisbane 2 finals games there last year prove this but we need to beat them in the return game at the g to give us confidence that we can beat them if we come across them in finals

WAYNE BRITTAIN DEFINING MOMENT:
For me it was when lynch tackled cloke over the boundary line jason got the free but this seemed to stun jason as he seemed to me to be ineffective fom that moment on.
Maybe we could learn from brisbane as they seemed to try and rough up our young players ie cloke,didak,lonie,davis,shaw

WHO'S HOT:
Bucks played well again should poll 1 vote in brownlow
Then taz woey
and then licca johnson

WHO'S NOT:
Leon,presti,shaw

HIGHLIGHTS:
-Chris johnsons speccy
-A first gamer in jarred brennan looks as bruce would say speeecial

fantastic effort we are not far away
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: