Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Josh

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black_White 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 11:28 am
Post subject: JoshReply with quote

You've got to admire the big fellow. A couple of basic mistakes that cost the boys dearly may have put a lesser player off his game.
To his credit he held his head up and looked forward, not backward. Another mature game from our Champion Player.
-Craig

The Phoenix Is Arising

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 12:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah he a great player! i reckon he will win the brownlow one year 4 sure!
also i would liek the mention TARKYN, he played a farkin excellent game and those 3 goals were good.
lica wasnt TOO bad though he needs to work on his disposal, he is earning a name for himself something like Lica McClanger.
tazza was bllody good too stepped up from a week he would rather forget.
a few controversial things i noticed. (I'm a dinosaur) hird grabbing lica around the bloody ankles! and someone else got their foot held onto as well though i cant remember who, also wellman gave molloy (i think it was) a smack in the mouth while pertending to spoil.
thats all i can think of at the mo.

ytry4 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 1:39 pm

It's too harsh to just blame a few of the mistakes of one SINGLE player.. Everyone makes mistakes, and they ALL count, and thats just the way it is. NEVER single a player out..

And btw, I think Licuria has improved his kicking, so give hime a break. He's not that much of a clanger kick as last year.

Go PIES 2001

afisher Sagittarius

Collingwood on the Great Wall near Simatai

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 1:52 pm

Besides Licca, also took a few telling marrks in defense. His ability and courage in a contested situstion is to be adnired.
But the loss still F*cking hurts

NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 2:21 pm

Yeah when he watched the ball roll through, that was very bizarre!

"Good 'Ol Collingwood Forever"
slaNgman69 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 2:25 pm

Why would you take Josh off after either of those mistakes? I think that he himself would be the first to know that he mucked up. Getting dragged to be told something that he already knows isn't the way to go. The best way to get over it is for Josh to redeem himself, which he can't do sitting on the bench. He kept his head up and ended up playing a good game.

biodave 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 3:48 pm

josh is a young, maturing player and to drag him as a result of uncharacteristic mistakes is not doing him justice. Malthouse was wise to let Fraser continue; letting the kid know that the coaches had confidence in him. And as the end result showed, Fraser finished the game with style and courage. Well done Fraser- you're a gun.

bless their courageous hearts

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 4:45 am

This guy is a rermarkable person as well as a future brownlow medalist after one of his stuff ups early in the game which resulted in an essendon goal,them essendon scumbags were on to him like vultures patting him on the back and could you imagine what they would of been saying...but our josh just lifted his head and ran back to the centre to take his position it was something to behold and something which i will never forget.

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.'YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE'
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 7:33 am

hey i wasnt blaming lica cos we lost, it was constructive critisicm ok, he needs to improve his disposal.
anyway i also reckon top coaching from mick and how could i forget that mag speccy from neon leon!!

Elvira Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 7:53 am

CQ, I totally agree with you that Lica's disposal has been really bad, not to say PATHETIC!!!! Not good enough when playing in AFL!!! He seemed to get a lot of the ball in yesterday's game but I just sqwinged my face once the ball left his boot not knowing where it would go!!!!!!!!! Come on LICA, make me eat my words!!!!!!!!!!

I also want to add that Anthony Rocca just doesn't seem interested anymore??? I just feel that he's not contributing enough to the team!!!!!!!!!Sure enough his game against the Bulldogs was great but WHAT NOW?????? What's he doing????????
Has to Lift or ......................

ALWAYS PROUD AND PASSIONATE - ELVIRA......

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 1:53 pm

This is a stat that might suprise some:

Who is the player who has made the most "clangers" at Collingwood?

ANSWER: Jarrod Molloy - 20, as opposed to Licuria's 18..oh and Nathan has 19 (but he gets tonnes of possesesions so that could be expected).

Still think Jarrod is an absolute champion though!!

Here is the current list:
1. Jarrod Molloy 20
2. Nathan Buckley 19
3. Paul Licuria 18
4. Shane O'Bree 17
5. Chris Tarrant 13
6. Josh Fraser 12
7. Ryan Lonie 12
8. Shane Wakelin 12
9. Chad Rintoul 11
10.Tarkyn Lockyer 10
11.Anthony Rocca 10
12.Ben Johnson 9
13.Mark Richardson 9
14.Rupert Betheras 7
15.Steven McKee 7

Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 1:59 pm

Jacko,

How can you even think of dragging Fraze. It was a blunder...I'll admit that - but ya gotta remember he's a tall player and not as mobile as a small. Keep that in mind. Although he is very agile for his height.

Collingwood Forever !
Tony_Clemente@hotmail.com
www.netspace.net.au/~clemo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: