Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Long Running Lonie

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black_White 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 5:49 pm
Post subject: Long Running LonieReply with quote

With his penetrating long runs and long kicking, is Ryan Lonie the next Dustin Fletcher?

-Craig

The Phoenix Is Arising

the prez 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 6:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll be better.Don't forget that after 93 Fletcher was a bunny for 6 years until 2000.Now he's back to the bunny class.Back to Lonie,have you noticed that whenever the Hawthorn commentators(Dermie,Dunstall,Dipper,Salmon)mention Lonie how quick they are to mention he has a twin brother at Hawthorn.You reckon they're getting excited.Wouldn't it be funny if he turns out to be the dud one.

GO WOODS

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 9:35 pm

The next Dustin Fletcher?????

He's not the next anybody.
He's the present Ryan Lonie.
And that is very high praise.

Anyone who can claim to be the present Ryan Lonie must be a great footballer. We're talking about a guy who will win a string of Copeland Trophies. A guy who will win a Norm Smith Medal ... or two. He might even win a couple of Brownlows (but who cares about the Brownlow anyway). You're talking about an all-Australian player. A member of Collingwood's Team of the Century in 100 years time.

How the hell did Dustin Fletcher come into the equation?

**floreat pica**

Black_White 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 12:28 pm

After the draft the Hawthorn supporters all stated that they had recruited the better twin. How many games has Nathan played???

Alf thanks for supporting my statement. You see I compared him to Fletcher because Dustin became a great player in a great team. He won Essenscums B&F (Copeland) in a premiership year. He can play both ends. His attack with the ball leads to scoring.

That's why I believe they are comparable. WHEN Ryan wins the Copeland in our Premiership year we'll talk. O.K.

-Craig

The Phoenix Is Arising

slaNgman69 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 1:59 pm

A mate of mine has been following this kid since u-14's coz his son played against he and his brother. Stood out by a mile kicking goals from 50m...and he was only 14 years old.

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2001 5:32 am

they had on talking footy the other week a split screen thing of ryan and nathan both getting goals, they were almost exactly the same (the goals). i reckon it would be good to have his borther at collingwood as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: