Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Seriously Impressed --- Again!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiya-and-Higher 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 8:14 pm
Post subject: Seriously Impressed --- Again!Reply with quote

Well my fellow travellers, I can feel the Magpie Storm brewing...and it feels GOOD

All those things that still worried me three weeks ago have been answered. We can play pressure football, we can take tough marks on the forward line, we have the skill, we have the agility, we have the creativity, we don't depend on 2 or 3 predictable stars, someone is standing up every week showing us what they can do, we are not overawed, we are big and strong and young...and we won't be brushed aside. The boys have played some exciting power football the like of which I've not seen for years. The game has changed but I don't think we have *ever* had a faster or more agile side.

The boys are learning and there's not a dud amongst them.

My first prediction was that this team is chocka full of future club legends.

My second is that before this year is out: we are going to blow some clubs away.

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 9:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

They can certainly play some amazing footy when it all comes together.

The first quarter really bothered me today. Essendon was playing that horrible flooding game and we were being forced to just pass the ball around without going any where. It was as if Sheedy knew that our skills were very suspect. And the more times we had to pass the ball the more mistakes we would make. And it worked. Essendon's goals nearly all came from Collingwood mistakes. And we made enough mistakes over the whole day to cost us the game. We lost it. They sure as hell didn't win it.

But when we were able to break free from Essendon's straight jacket, we were sensational. What an incredibly exciting team Collingwood is when they're in full flight. It makes you feel great when they can take on the alleged best team in the world and take the game by the scruff of the neck.

There's a few legends in that team for sure. We might even have a whole bloody team of legends. Time will tell, I guess.

**floreat pica**

magpie joffa 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2001 9:45 pm

GATHER AROUND FAMILY

'WE ARE AT THE DAWN OF A NEW ERA' enjoy it and taste it and smell it.

Its bring back them feelings of the mid eighties !!

There is nothing in life greater, than to be a supporter of our beloved collingwood football club,we must remain united,we must stand tall,we must be prepared to fight for our glorious black and white for we are the ENVY OF ALL NATIONS.'YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE'
http://www.mp3.com/joffa

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 2:46 pm

I can feel a HUGE BLACK AND WHITE TIDAL WAVE slowly creeping up on the AFL - and when it hits it will be DEVASTATING. The only team left standing will be Collingwood.

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 26 April 2001).]
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2001 5:48 am

good post joel!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: