Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Are we going to stick with the forums?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 5:24 pm
Post subject: Are we going to stick with the forums?Reply with quote

General Discussion has gone mad this week. We've got team and player posts, match posts, cheer squad posts, test posts - in fact the only forum that seems to get its own posts is the Chicks' Channel.

I realise that people post in here because this is the most visible forum (and we all like our posts to be read) and it's also the first on the list, but the question needs to be asked. Do I enforce the forum boundaries and move threads into the right areas or do we scrap the other forums and just have one big area?

If we're to keep the forums I have to ask that you be a little more controlled when you post and think about where a post belongs. I've never strictly enforced the boundaries because it's a lot of work just keeping an eye things and keeping the bb working smoothly without having to worry about shifting threads, but it's gone mad this week and I obviously need to make a decision about the format.

I prefer the separate forums, particularly for special interest groups like the Cheer Squad, but I'm putting it in your hands, please let me know what you prefer and that's what we'll do - within reason.

Hiya-and-Higher 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2001 6:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not often looked at the other Forums and being new I didn't realise we were supposed to keep to topic. Personally I think anything to do with team and players and opinions about Collingwood could be kept under a single heading. That's much easier for me when there's limited time and other things to do online. But really its just habit, so if you keep it as is I'll just make sure I check the others and try to post accordingly.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2001 4:22 am

I think Match etc should be merged with the General forum. I stick to the forums which should be posted to (most of the time) but then I come and see the exact some topic posted in the General Forum.

CJ 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2001 11:04 am

What other forums????

"Good Old Collingwood Forever"

the prez 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2001 1:49 pm

I reckon one big forum is probably enough Mike.Theres often time constraints surfing the forums so it'd be easier if all the posts were there in one place to be seen.

GO WOODS

Black_White 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2001 3:50 pm

Between this site, FTO and the CFC forum I find it's hard to keep up. It's much easier to go to one location on a site instead of navigating arounf to several points.
Leave it as one forum so we can keep up with everything in one hit.
-Craig

The Phoenix Is Arising

Broadie 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2001 5:52 am

Keep the various forums, Mike.

They've worked perfectly well up until now.

Any BB with just one forum that I've been into is a real mess. You can have a whole pages of topics that are just from one day, making hard for people to distinguish topics, thus causing many similar topics to pop up (as is currently happening in our GENERAL DISCUSSION forum).

We just need to use the forums the way we were two months ago, people.

Broadie
CJ 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2001 6:26 am

On a serious note!

Just keep them Mike. Like Broadie said they basically were being used properly only up until a few months ago. It's just lately the GD Forum has been used WAY too often!

Also, you are doing a bloody fine job as is keeping the forums under control, But if you would like any help just give us a yell!!

"Good Old Collingwood Forever"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: