Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ticketmaster7.com.au - Your thoughts?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2001 10:22 am
Post subject: Ticketmaster7.com.au - Your thoughts?Reply with quote

I just purchased my tickets for the Carlton game on www.Ticketmaster7.com.au, I was just wondering everyones thoughts on the site? And if you have bought tickets there before.

First time I tried to order - came up with an error, so I tried again, same thing. Finally I realised that the section of tickets were gradually getting worse so I decided to get Premium tickets...they look a bit better and it actually worked this time. Anybody else ever had any probs?

ytry4 

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2001 10:51 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually wouldn't advise anyone to supply credit card info on the net.. at the moment, all that someone needs is your credit card no and expiry date to validate a transaction. so that means, when someone hacks into the company's site, they can get everyones credit card info, and wella! they can use it wherever they like!

but I still dont know why we do not have to use a pin number to pay for things online, whereas we need to do so at ATMs.. its just ludicrous! no validation = heaps of fraud

thats my two cents worth on security, although it didnt really have much do do with joel's question.. lol

Go PIES 2001

jabso#5 

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2001 12:17 pm

Well, dont be so non internet-y, ticketmaster and over big companies are loaded with heaps of security programs, codes and the like.

Collingwood:
Loyalty
Commitment
Tradition
Passion
Strength
FOREVER
dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2001 12:55 pm

Just thought I would let you know that there is not one case of fraud reported in Australia from Internet hacking and getting credit card numbers. We are one of, if not the, safest countries in the world for credit card transactions.
Just think, companies spend millions on net transaction security and encryption, as they need to protect there sales and investment - who wants to be known as an unsafe internet transaction company? would never sell another thing over the net. Dont be afraid of dealing with reputable Aussie companies on the net.

PS - Ticketmaster7 is slow and difficult to follow and very vague at times - would rather go in person to pick the tickets up as you can pretty much choose an exact spot. But always remember they put the crappy seats on sale first to get rid of them and then the better ones later on so dont get fooled - there are great cheap seats available at the G. You just have to wait a few extra days.

Cheers

GO PIES!!!

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2001 2:36 pm

You will probably find that the worst problem is at the shop end - i.e. no delivery, Amazon are particularly bad in this department.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2001 10:02 pm

ever given your credit card no over the phone?

ytry4 

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2001 1:34 am

Security on this sites are good, but not good enough... I mean, there's always someone that can hack into their systems, no matter how much preventitive measures you put in place. This is because if you have the technology to make it secure, there is another thing to get passed that.. im talking about this just to let you know, but if you don't believe me, ill send u the links to some pc magazine sites if u want to. however, maybe the chances are small, but the consequences are far greater!

P.S. How much are the tickets for concession members?

[This message has been edited by ytry4 (edited 01 May 2001).]

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2001 10:39 am

ytry4 - there is 128 bit encryption, a computer takes years and years to decode such encryption and the encryption method is different for every transaction. Meaning if they hacked into it then it would be impossible to decode. The only problems you will get is with companies who don't encrypt numbers.

ytry4 

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2001 2:21 pm

So how much were the tickets? if u missed my question above...

Go PIES 2001

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2001 12:50 pm

Premium Tickets:
Adults: $34.85 (roughly)
Juniors: $18.35 (roughly)

That's off the top of my head. Pretty step but I'd pay it any day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: