Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

An absolute joke!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2001 7:22 pm
Post subject: An absolute joke!Reply with quote

This in a way continues on from the comments made by spidergirl and others in relation to ticket prices but goes further hence the reason to start a new thread.

Something seriously needs to be done with ticketing in all areas! Its hard enough trying to afford a membership ticket without being charged 20 odd bucks on top of this just to actually be guaranteed of getting into the ground and getting a reasonable seat each time we have a big game or basically any game at Colonial. Over a season and with the added $10.80 each game for a train ticket it becomes extremely expensive!

Also as much as i dislike Essendon and everything associated with them I agreed with Sheedy's comments earlier this season that the finals tickets allocation also needs to be overhauled. I can see it coming a mile away... been to nearly every single Collingwood game in the last 11 years (barring interstate - although i would if I could), including hell-holes like Whitten Oval and Carlscum Oval but come grand final time and when we get there... which we will again one of these days soon, I'll have to miss out cause all these part-time ringins or couldnt care lessers about the teams get priority. Its just not right and there is absolutely NO reward for loyalty, even though you go along supporting your team and seeing them beaten week in, week out for so many seasons.

Something needs to be done about ticketing at all levels and needs to be done NOW! Its only gonna be done if some of these people in high up places listen to the concerns of the real supporter and act on them! I understand that the league needs to get its revenue intake but surely this should not be done at the expense of the average low-income loyal and dedicated supporter.

Here is an issue that I believe must be taken up and any feedback regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated!

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2001 7:38 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, Rowdy. You're getting on to one of my favourite topics. And of course you are spot on. I've already written plenty on this and I've actually devoted a pretty large part of my Ph.D. thesis to the way in which the scarcity of Grand Final tickets has been used by clubs to scare people into taking out more and more expensive levels of membership. It's a racket. No other way to put it. Bloody extortion. But don't expect anything to change. Except for the worse.

Imagine how its going to be for the next few seasons, when the capacity for the Grand final will be reduced to 70,000. Who's going to miss out on the 30,000 seats? I bet it won't be the corporates. Not a hope in hell. And it's quite possible that our Club will play a Grand Final or two between now and the Commonwealth Games. So expect all hell to break loose when no-one can get a ticket.

Oh, for the days when it cost 5 shillings to go to the footy!!!

**floreat pica**

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2001 6:31 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah both of those posts are spot on!
i was thinking that myself alf, about how it would be murphys law for us to get in the GF when the farking stand gets bowled down. and thats another thing! they (whoever the tossers are) reckon that the new stand will hold the same amount as the old one did. so what is the point? i will tell you what the bloody point is! we cant have the bloody corporate tossers out in the rain now can we??? we also cant have them being deprived of a pillow on their chair like at coloniHOLE can we??? and those TVs are just vital! (why would you go to a game and watch it on TV when its live right in front of you?)
it would also be an excuse to flock up prices for general admission/memberships etc with the excuse being 'oh we need money for the new stand'. like we're ever gonna get into it anyway! but of course the price will go back down after the stand has been paid off wont it, yeah my farkin arse it will!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: