Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

match report Pies v Aints( with a happy ending)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed from WA Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 8:52 am
Post subject: match report Pies v Aints( with a happy ending)Reply with quote

Match Report from a far off lounge room..

Thanks to this marvellous new tv deal,in a state where wet toast is the only thing on the menu,i get to watch my pies play live on fox footy.
Surely fox footy must go down in the annals of history as the greatest invention since the telephone!
The wet toast were on every radio station and on both free to air channels,and under the old system of its 7 or nothing,it would have been nothing for us pie fans.
And so it began.
The saints in yellow,the umps in red and we were in black and white of course.And the goalscumps were from st pauls school for the blind as usual.
Mckee is a late withdrawal and young walker gets a gig on the bench.
Josh is in the ruck at the start and gets the first free but the aints get the first score.
It was a point said the gscump but everyone else said it was a goal..stiff shit aints.
Pies are hot early,taz marks and goals from 40. Leon and woey snag pts,then the aints **** up 2 kick ins in a row and we nail a couple of majors thru willo and bucks and molly hits the post as well.
The aints are not as bad as the scoreboard suggests,they are wasteful,its apparent that MM has used worsfolds planning from last week and grunt thomas has been watching our game last week and modelled his game on ours last week.
4 quick goals follow to molly,bucks,lokan and a finger wagging leon and its 8.4 to us and 0.6 to them.
Josh has been superb,molly is doing all the little one percenters that i like about his game and lonie is going well down back.
2nd qtr begins with a pie assault but willo misses his chance and its a pt.
gehrig gets a free against wakes and goals,20 secs later taz gets a free and he goals.status quo is the way to go.
Lokan passes wildly to cloke but aints rip him off and goal.bad boy maddee.
Shaw is providing run from the back half as is lonie and clement but the old bomb to half forward system returns and the aints get some easy ball.
You have got to say the aints are hard at it,ive never seen so many of our kicks smothered in my life.
Willo breaks the deadlock with a banana goal but then gehrig takes his 10th mark for the half and goals and reiwold likewise.Then gehrig gets another free against wakes and goals,a few secs later an aint slips a weak tackle from cole and goals and **** me its game on again.
Then the icing on the aints cake comes 25 sec from siren time.daks is pinged 50 mtrs for a trip that the tv showed didnt happen,and milne goals from 50 for the first time in his fn life. 68-49 at the half.
3rd term begins and its all pies action early.We are now playing lets mark and wait for a good option,i got dizzy watching it as we pass backwards and forwards in slow motion for a few minutes until finally bucks gets it to taz and he goals.
but we just waste the next 4 chances and get a couple of points for reward of 5 minutes in our half.
taz is marking everything,but now hes marking too far from goal and its his next kick that is letting us down.
until leon makes amends with a bit of finger wagging magic and snaps truly.
all in all taz takes about 6 marks for 1 goal to himself and one to leon the rest are turnovers.
the aints go fwd once and snap a goal over the head from out of their arse.
Young walker is having a stint in the ruck and is going ok.
from the look of his jumper,there are big moths out there tonight.
Cole is getting a bit of it tonight,his disposal in the first half was lamentable,but its a bit better in the second half as he spots up burnsy and he slams thru a sausage roll from 50.
daks gave a free away just as taz roves thru a goal and the aints rebound and goal on the siren.
why does everyone we play get goals on the siren all the time?its just not right!
its 15.12 to 10.8 at the oranges break
We begin with 2 rushed points from leons kicks at goal and then a goal to lika from a handball from daks out of the pack.
the aints are stiff as a shot bounces on their goal line and does a uturn for a pt. but f,em. we **** up the kick in and gehrig goals.
the aints pepper the goals and cant find them,they are having a dip but eventually we take over and pummel them after reiwold got a soft as butter free and goaled it was all pies. Josh has taken quite a few marks in packs tonight and rucked well.brodie has done well since MM let him on the field,i feel he is our best option of the smalls at the moment.
after goals to shaw,taz and lika its over,the gold jacket is on joffas back and lokan goals on siren time.
the tv pans to bobby rose in the stand and we can all feel proud that we won this for him.
Still a long way to go but we are back in the 8 where we belong.22.17 to 12.12 is the final score
votes
3 tarrant
2 clement
2 fraser
1 bucks
1 lika
1 cloke
special mentions lonie,holland when he came on,burns and leon.

the scary thing is with so much talent at the aints if they actually had a coach they could be anything.
good to win one and have a happy ending to a story.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 6:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Leon took some good marks, passed it off well, Lonie did well running off the backline. Tarrant was good at Full Forward again this week, Fraser played well around the ground and in the ruck,

Good to see Clement coming back into form, and Clokey seems to be gstting back into shape. Althoigh he didn't go much, we was good when he got the ball. Lica, good 100th game, 3 goals (I think?) a victory, which will make his 100th all that more special Very Happy

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: