Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

A question for ed on memberships

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dazza42 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2001 1:10 pm
Post subject: A question for ed on membershipsReply with quote

Id first like to start by saying im sick and tired of getting bagged by some people because i havnt got a membership, i know that some are just trying to fire us non members up so we will buy 1, but im getting pissed of at the ones that are saying that we dont have the right to voice a opinion on the club(re:Forum should be for members only, it was posted on the collingwood forum). I know its only 125 bucks to join but there are some people out there that just cant afford it and especially familys. Now i have a very good reason why im not a member because of family reasons(if you realy want to know why, go to the collingwood forum,im not 1 to talk about my personal problems but i cracked the shits before and spat it all out). Now what im about to say here i think im speaking for alot of non members, im not sure how long ago this was but im sure i read an article in the paper about how ed wanted to bring in a system were people who wanted to buy a membership could pay it of over a period of time. What i want to know ed, is this going to happen, if so when, if not why. I realy beleave that if it does happen it will boost our membership up by a mile because people who cant afford a membership are going to look at it and say "wow i can afford that", i know i would and beleave me id be there tomorow because my family are busting to become members but unfortunately with the current system we cant. I think the thing we must look at is there are alot of people in the same boat as me whether they are on a old aged pension or just a normal family. Im sorry i craped on a bit about this but this club means so much to me i want to see every thing possible happen for this club to keep getting bigger and better. So if anyone has a opinion on this topic id love to hear it.

GO PIES
Brendon

Dantheman 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2001 1:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Also Ed,
Is that "Road To Victory" tape that you made of the 1990 season still available? Because mine has completely worn out.

p.s. Dazza - the membership is still going to cost the same however you pay for it.

Dazza42 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2001 1:33 pm

Dantheman i realize its still going to cost the same and to tell you the truth id be prepared to pay a bit more if there was costs involed, but the point im trying to make is im not going to have to pay the full amount at once which is not possable for me to do, insted ill be able to pay it off over a period of time. Hey its only a thought.

Go PIES

SIB4897 Pisces

Moe HS & Karingal HS (Frankston) Old Boy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2001 4:03 pm

I'm a UK based Collingwood Supporter and I paid $50 to become a Magpies Nest member, I've received my 2001 membership cap, and I think it's great value, would that be a cheaper option for you Dazza42?

2001: A Pies Odyssey

Stephen Ives, Manchester, England (ex Frankston & Moe, Vic.) Pie 'til I die
Millane42 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2001 7:44 am

How much are memberships for interstate fans, and what do you get for that?

Scottie Davo 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2001 9:44 am

Dazza 42,

I read your post mate and started to sympathise and agree with your plight but by the end I have to unfortunately disagree.

Can I assume that you have been following the 'Pies for some time?

Can I also assume that you adore the Club as much as anyone else and place them quite highly in your priority list in your values in your life?

If so, and I cannot be blamed for assuming you say 'yes' to both,
can I ask then, why you have not got the tenacity or shall we say forthought into saving the amount of money per week that you would be agreeing to if there were part payments possible, and then buying the membership outright?

I suspect you have been frustrated for several years about the one lump sum required, so...can I suggest you start saving now for 2002?

I do not mean to be patronising so please do not take this the wrong way, but it is a valid point yes?
If you are so passionate about the 'pies and would do anything within reason to become a member-then is the above too much to ask?

And...if it is too much to ask, and you honestly believe you are incapable of doing it, then I will personally contribute half of the membership to you if you come to the Cricketers on Monday.
I'm flying down from Sydney-and will use this Bulletin Board as my guarantee.

How's that. This isn't charity mate, you're a Collingwood fan, and that means more to me than you might think and I can afford that no worries.

So the ball is in your court mate, let me know what you truly think, and if need be, I will gladly hand over $70 for you to cheer alongside us all at a more frequent rate.

Cheers.

Scottie

In my blood...and off my head.
Dazza42 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2001 10:28 am

Scottie davo, id like to say that you are 100% right mate, its funny or maybe just plain stuppid but i have never thought of it the way that you put it. I hope that no 1 in here thought that i wrote that post in the hope the you would all feel sorry for me and crap like that because it never even entered my mind, i just wrote it for all your opinions. Scottie davo i wount take your 70 bucks because im not that type of person but i do appreciate your offer, im am going to the game on monday as i will be in melbourne and would like to catch up with you at the crcketers and have a beer with you if thats ok.

GO PIES

Scottie Davo 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2001 10:41 am

No worries.

Name the time and I'll be there...I actually have never been there before, nor have I met all these blokes (and girls) so it will make for a fun day.

Joffa, if you are out there, who do I pay my cheer squad membership too?

Dazza42 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2001 1:17 pm

Sounds good scottie, ill be there around 12/12:30. If this is to late or early just let me know. Oh yeh if your wondering who to look for ill be the 1 with real short hair and on crutches, im sure there wount be to many at the pub like that.

GO PIES

the president Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2001 3:08 pm

Hello team, funny you should be writing about this topic I've been working on it most of today.
we are looking to come up with the best way for people to pay off their membership "on the drip." The best way we think is to do so during the off season ie. October till march.
I appreciate people find it hard after Christmas to find the cash after school fees, holidays, presents etc.
i am also looking to bring in a family package of value and in particular a package for people who qualify for concession packages. One of my proudest boasts as a Collingwood person is we let the "susso" workers into Vic Park during the depression for free so I want to work the membership accordingly.
Obviously some will try and cheat the system but my thoughts are that at the MCG there is room for everyone so lets get as many as possible in.
If you have any thoughts on the subject feel free to post here at Nicks or on the club site.
There is also a members night on at the club in a couple of weeks time and I encourage everyone to come for a beer and a chat. There are some big developments in the wind at the moment so we are all working flat out. Very exciting.
See you all at the Magpie Collingwood Ground (MCG) Monday.
Eddie.
PS I better go its nearly 10 past nine. One day I'll miss The Footy show mucking around on these sites!

Scottie Davo 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2001 3:32 am

This is the greatest Club in the Universe.

See ya at midday Dazza.

Dazza42 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2001 4:37 am

Ill be there scottie, and ed , thanks for taking the time to reply to my question.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: