Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Seriously Impressed #4

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiya-and-Higher 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2001 7:15 pm
Post subject: Seriously Impressed #4Reply with quote

I find myself wondering...is it because I have grown up with the Pies that I'm finding their game play so exciting this year...because they're 'mine' and I'm a proud family member, or is it because they ARE exciting...as good as anything we've ever seen. Have I been bored with football for the last few years because it has been mostly unispiring keepings off stuff, or because we were not figuring enough in it enough?

I can just imagine the broad grin on the Captain's face and the sheer satisfaction the Coach must be feeling, when his plan of building a Collingwood Dynasty is obviously not just nice sounding words.

When West Coast were the pace setters, they were a smooth machine...tap out, run, kick a 50 meter goal...tap run, pass...kick a 50 meter goal...over and over...I found them so efficient they bored me too tears even as they won game after game by streets.

This time Mick has an excitement machine and its going to be good for us (and a good thing for football

If you want to be the best you don't copy someone else's style...you set the pace with your own.

Our guys look tough, agile and balanced. The Demons were picking themselves off the turf holding hips and shoulders and groins, and going off with the blood rule...while our guys were up and running to tackle the next one...we didn't lose our feet...the intensity was frenzied. Great stuff.

My theory why Essendon have been so far in front of the opposition is because they keep pressure off themselves. They have so many talented players you just can't cover them all. And when the pressure is reduced, the lesser players look like champs too because without doubt all players at this level can play if given the freedom to show off their skillse. But put enough pressure on and half Essendon's players are suddenly are that awesome, and the other half are getting older...starting to succumb to injuries. If we can play football as intense as I've been seeing this year, Essendon, will like Melbourne, be limping off holding sore heads and backsides come September.

I really did think we would be 2 or 3 years off being serious challengers to the top 2 or 3, but something different is happening that you don't see too much off...we may be breaking the mould....I think some amazing chemistry is afoot, with Bucks and MM and Eddie...this ride is going to be great fun for many years to come...and have few tears when we lose a few...it will happen....it always happens...but this year there will be at least one game when we kick 30 goals...it's that type of a team...like the early Sydney teams...like the exciting (yet unsuccessfull Geelong teams...an exciting type of game play that leaves the opposition feeling like they've been struck by a whirlwind!

Oh Lordy!, Lordy!

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2001 2:14 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post!!

Insert Creative signature <HERE>
biodave 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2001 5:46 am

Hiya-and-Hiya
I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post. I think you said it all. Our young players in johno, taz, rhogan, OB and tarks have all the flair and class. I agree with you, they are a great excitement machine. A joy to watch.

love the pies and...

bless their courageous hearts

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2001 6:47 am

I think they are definitely more exciting.
I get goosebumps everytime they run the ball out of defence.
More players are playing never say die football.
I don't know how I'm going to be able to wait till the next game without my weekly fix.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: